“Great find”
Review of The Beat Coffeehouse - CLOSED

The Beat Coffeehouse
Description: In the Emergency Arts Building, downtown.
Description: In the Emergency Arts Building, downtown.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place was just outside the first hotel I stayed in in Vegas. The coffee was good, the staff was friendly (although they did mix up my order on one of the six or so times I was there) and having all the art happening in the building made for an interesting visit and clientele.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Hey Everyone, What a great idea! a 1997 Retro Coffee house! You know, just like those 80s retro clubs, where you relive the 80s!!! So for all you Cool people out there that Love that 1990s style. You can visit this place. The people (including the Staff) look and talk like they are still in 1997! With attitude and all....... You mean this is not a retro club?......When I first walked in I thought; Oh Cool, a hipster coffee shop. Then I listened to the people talking with a quirky attitude "Like they were about to make the greatest Indie film ever made"... and thought, Wow, I haven't heard people talk like that in more than 10 years... Then I looked at the Styles.. I then realized that this was not a hipster place...These people are serious! I was in 1997! Oh No! I gotta get outta here! The one plus was The Records..

2  Thank Brian C
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Food was expensive and $3 for a can of soda? I specifically asked what was on the ham and cheese and was told just ham, cheese and bread toasted. When I got it, it had mustard in it as well. I should have complained, but didn't want to wait for a new sandwich. I just removed the bread side that had the mustard. Eating it open faced with only one piece of bread made the sandwich way too cheesy. My husband couldn't believe 'way too cheesy' was even part if my vocabulary. His 'brisket' sandwich was basically pot roast.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is the place to have a good drink and breakfast. Yes you are in Vegas and no slotmachines. The best place to relax and listen to real vinyl music.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great coffee, cool vibe, friendly staff and free wifi. They play their music on vinyl - might even let you pick the record if you ask nice. Oh, and you could have a beer if you'd rather.