“Great place for a steak dinner”
Review of Flame Steakhouse - CLOSED

Flame Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 6th
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I dined at the Flame for dinner on Memorial Day Weekend. We made reservations only an hour before dining and were still accomodated despite the busy holiday. This was our second visit to this restaurant and so we already knew that everything is served ala carte and that the side orders are portioned large to share. My rib eye steak was delicious, the garlic mashed potatoes were wonderful, as were the onion rings and mushrooms. My husband enjoyed his steak as well. We also had a house wine which was very good and service was fine. The new bread offerings before dinner were appreciated, as we were very hungry when we arrived and it was nice to have a little something with our wine before dinner. The piano player enhanced our nice evening. We would definately return.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

So we arrive at 5PM The hostess wants a reservation. We have none and she reluctantly seats up. An Asian lady sloops down on me and says take your hat off. I comply. I probably would have taken it off anyway if given a chance. We have a coupon and they obviously don't like it. The food was generally good but they bum rushed us in and out. Disappointing is the term people usually use. They have canned piano music and the seating is pleasant.

1  Thank surferboyVA
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I rarely write a negative review unless truly warranted. I had eaten at the flame several times in 2012 and 2013 and considered it one of downtown's best secrets. Everytime the homemade breads and prime rib were as good as most high end places. Well, after not visiting for a year.... things have changed. First they brought out some dried flat tortilla type things that tasted like caca along with some rolls about the size of a quarter that you can buy in the frozen section at the supermarket. When we questioned the waiter, he said the bread changed about a year ago and that many of the regulars had complained about the change. OK, its bread, I can deal with that. I then ordered the large cut of prime rib and it came out looking like a small flat steak. No way it was even half the weight of meat ordered. This was the same for the other person in my party. On top of that, they had raised the price substantially to offset the coupons that three out of four patrons use in there. The prime rib (steak?) tasted decent but were so disappointed because it didn't even moderately resemble the prime rib of old. I will say for those that go that the creamed corn is still the bomb. I have never found one that even came close. So sadly in closing, the El cortez has cut corners with the bread and the beef in order to offset the couponing. On my next six day trip in September, the flame will no longer be in the dinner menu for one of the nights. I hope EC listens to the their customers and begins serving the awesome breads they were known for and real prime rib again.

1  Thank Daryl R
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We have come here several times while visiting Vegas. Each time, we have an enjoyable dining experience. It isn't cheap, but worth the money, IMHO. The $30 off coupon I usually have helps considerably. This week, I had oysters, then a good porterhouse. Yum. Next trip to Vegas, we'll be back.
We had made reservations, as it turned out, it wasn't that busy, being a weeknight. But I've seen the place packed; so on a weekend, I would recommend you make a resvn.

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is our favourite place to eat ,we made a renovation for Friday night as it was my birthday and the wonderful lady Linda that'sworks there made our evening perfect ,we ordered the porterhouse steak which is enough for 2 , they also have Florida stone crab which is not on the menu which was fantastic the staff are all so nice can't wait to go back again ......

Date of visit: April 2014