“A perfect meal!”

Cross street: 6th
Cleveland, Ohio
“A perfect meal!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I ate at the Flame Steakhouse on September 11, 2013. I did not have a reservation, and I was dressed in golf shorts, a clean t-shirt, and black sandals. I was worried that I was under-dressed, but they seated me immediately. I had a coupon for half-off my meal, so I was excited. I eat at the Flame Steakhouse every time I am in Las Vegas and this visit did not disappoint.

First of all, the Flame Steakhouse is VERY dark. If you have any problems with your vision, I recommend asking for an extra candle on your table. There was piano music playing, but not too loud to intrude or interfere with dinner conversation. It is in all-respects an old-Las Vegas-style steakhouse. They are a dying breed as the Strip hotels turn over their restaurants every few years with each culinary trend.

I had the shrimp cocktail (5 large prawns served on lettuce and ice with lemon wedges and homemade cocktail sauce). It was excellent, although the sauce needed more horseradish sauce so it does not taste so "ketchup-like." The shrimps were firm and delicious.

My entree was the NY Strip Steak, cooked medium. It was perfectly grilled and delicious. Honestly, it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. My side dish was the grilled asparagus -- also delicious. I passed on the Hollandaise sauce that normally is served with the asparagus.

Finally, I had the NY-style cheesecake which knocked my socks off. It was so dense, so perfect. I was so full and happy that I actually walked past the blackjack tables to sleep in my room -- a very high compliment. It was really a perfect meal.

Any review would be incomplete without a nod to the restaurant staff, from the hostess to the chef, wait-staff and the buss-woman. They were all friendly, efficient, and professional. In fact, when I was seated, the waitress asked if I was a guest. When I replied "yes," she told me to go to my room and get the coupon book I received upon check-in as it had a coupon for a free bottle of wine with two dinner entrees. When I returned with the coupon, my shrimp cocktail was served and I received half a bottle of cabernet since I dined alone. The half bottle was very generous and was closer to 75% of a bottle.

When the bill came, the wine was not on it. The rest of the bill was cut in half by the second coupon and my entire bill was about $21. If you visit Las Vegas, do yourself a favor and eat in the Flame Steakhouse. You will not be disappointed. It is well worth the price and you will not get a better dinner in Las Vegas. With a coupon, it is a steal!

• Visited September 2013

los angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

the food is great and the attention perfect the people working there is very friendly and i love hes specials drinks

Visited July 2013
Gillette, Wyoming
“Fine dining for less. Great experience.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

After eating several days on the strip we went to Fremont a found what we were missing. This fine dining establishment has all the class and quality of the upscale places with better food. We arrived without reservations and were seated immediately. We had wonderful steaks, great service, and prices far better than elsewhere in town. The menu is a la carte which is not my favorite format but the norm now days.
The shrimp cocktail is a meal in it self. The shrimp were huge and fresh. I had the porterhouse steak which melted off the bone. I enjoyed the creme brulee my wife had the chocolate cake and they were perfect. Our server was attentive and prompt without hovering at the table. When I return to town deciding where to have dinner won't take long. I'll be back.

• Visited August 2013
Fargo, North Dakota
“Yum!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a reservation for 6 and were seated promptly. The restraint allowed all of us to use a coupon and billed each couple separately - most places won't allow this. There are no hats allowed for men, so keep that in mind. The overall dress code was pretty casual other than the hats. I had the filet - excellent steak. I also had the garlic mashed potatoes. They were outstanding. You get served a bread basket with butter. In the basket are these parmesan crisps. They were so amazing. I wanted to take the extra home. :) Our friends had the asparagus, which was very good. My husband had the macaroni and cheese. It was ok- but the mashed potatoes were by far the tastiest side. This place was cost effective with excellent food.

• Visited August 2013
San Jose, California
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

GF and I walked in and were seated at a nice table. We ordered drinks and oysters for appetizer and they were phenomenal. The server waited until we were finished before bringing us both our french onion soup. Very tasty and cheesy and again once we were finished, she brought the main course which was medium filet minion. The steak was so juicy and literally melted in your mouth. We had a coupon from American Casino guide for 50% off and all together with a tip the total was something around $75. You cant beat that cant of price, service and quality food. We will definitely visit them again on the next trip.

Visited July 2013