“Excellent restaurant”

Cross street: Main Street
San Diego
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We expected the Pasta Pirate to have some sort of pirate theme but it did not. It was an excellent Italian family style restaurant with excellent service and good food and we plan to go back there next time we stay in the downtown Vegas area.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank JohnPSanDiego

Lethbridge, Canada
“Another Great Meal”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was determined to eat at this restaurant during my most recent visit to Las Vegas. I have eaten here with family before but this time I was solo. The service and food was great again. They treated me as if I had others with me and did not neglect all the extras. I had the steak & Lobster which includes, salad, a bread loaf, and a garlic type butter all for $18.00. This is a hidden gem that I always suggest to visitors and residents alike.

I did not report on this restaurant on other trips so this time I am.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank honydo
Las Vegas, Nevada
1,250 restaurant reviews
“Steak and Lobster $18.00 for me $20.00 and worth it!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I ate here about 15 years ago and decided to take the wife again. Same atmosphere. Located inside the California Hotel Casino downtown Las Vegas.

Great food. I ordered the Steak and Lobster special for $18.00. The waitress (very nice) said to order the regular steak and lobster off the menu instead of the special, as it is a better cut of steak. She was right. It was a great steak, melts in your mouth, no fat, tender.

I saw the "special" served at a near bye table. The steak did not look good. For $2.00 more, get a great steak. I usually do not go for up-charges, but this time it was well worth it.

Dinner comes with soup or salad, I chose the salad with honey french (best dressing ever). They also serve this dressing at the coffee shop (next store). It is not honey mustard, it is honey french.

Great service, bread served with meal and one glass of wine. If on a budget and downtown, this is a nice place for a meal. This is a very small room (seats maybe 80 or so). We got in, but on weekends I would call and make reservation. Great value, great service.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Gary B
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Silly name with fantastic food at an unbeatable price. Servers are always wonderful. Food great. Atmosphere unique. Do yourself a favor and find this little gem at the California Casino.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank froggythewaiter
Miami, Florida, USA
“Good price good food downtown”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This restaurant is hidden away in the California casino a block off of Freemont st.Downtown Service was very good and friendly. The food was varied and good. We had more than pasta we had excellent fish, meat and pasta dishes. All were very good. The portions were just okay in size but each meal came with choice of soup or salad and the bread was very good. Being off the Main Street we were able to seat a large party without any problems.

• Visited October 2013