Our experience here for two nights for a family gathering was better than nice. For a AAA rate of just over $70 including breakfast plus none of the added charges like "resort fees," I was VERY pleased with the hotel and would recommend this to anyone.
Hotel: Three stories a block off a larger street, it's off the strip (a plus for us) right next to the airport and can be a little hard to find, especially if you are coming in at night, because of their freeway on/off system. I highly recommend a GPS if you are not familiar with the area. Parking is plentiful and the parking lot feels very safe. The ENTIRE hotel is non-smoking, and there are no gambling devices here--it was lovely! Getting to the strip from the hotel is simple, and the hotel offers a free shuttle every hour to a couple different places. I didn't use the shuttle. There are restaurants within a few blocks (The Egg Works was excellent), and a Target and grocery stores within 3 miles. The ice machines on each floor work well, and there are vending machines, but they are pricey ($2+ for a 12 oz soda).
Staff: they went out of their way to be helpful, calling me ahead of time about a credit card number error, gave us directions and recommendations for restaurants, and happily provided an extra two hours for late check-out on our departure day. I only wish someone had offered to help us with our luggage instead of merely telling me where the luggage cart was, but maybe because there were two of us (both older), they thought we were capable on our own. Housekeeping staff was very good also.
Room: The rooms are very nice, large, and clean. But the small touches definitely cemented the good first impression. We stayed on the third floor at the far end (306). We could see the planes land or take off, depending on the wind. We did not have trouble with airport noise, though we thought we would because it was definitely an issue in the parking lot. The “lining” on the bottom of the door was shredded to bits and we thought there might be a problem with noise from the hall because of it being gone, but we did not hear neighbors or people in the hall. The room was quiet and we were able to sleep well. The room was nicely decorated in colors of celery and moss green on the walls, white ceilings with a dark rich purple in the linens/curtains. Linens were of good quality and very clean. The beds (two queens) were exceedingly comfortable; they also provide you a variety of pillow types, which I loved because I can't sleep well on the foam, stuffed-to-the-gill pillows. Each bed had 4 pillows. The microwave and fridge were both working well and clean. TV worked well. There were lots of plugs to use for charging devices, easily accessed and conveniently placed. The Wi-Fi worked well with two computers going at one point. The lighting was more than adequate for both overall and individual use. A separate closet provided a place to store your luggage out of sight, and a full-length mirror outside the bathroom was a nice touch. I had occasion to use the iron, and it worked very well. The bath was your average shower/tub combo, but clean with nice finishes. The AC worked very well, especially since it was 115 outside. My only small gripes: The bathroom amenities were a small bottle of shampoo and a small bar of soap. They were not particularly good—it got my hair clean, but it was tangled and hard to comb out. It would not work for someone who has fine or problematic hair—bring your own shampoo/conditioner if you do. Also, there is no more than enough for one person. There was a business desk with a business chair, but nowhere else to sit. I wish there had been another chair of some type. Lastly, we didn't use the in-room coffee maker, but it was very small and had only enough “condiments” for two small cups of coffee—inadequate for two people who drink coffee.
Breakfast: The breakfast area was large, with plenty of seating even on Saturday and Sundays. You can also sit outside near the pool area at tables with umbrellas. All the seating was good quality and well-maintained. Televisions were on but not disturbingly loud. Waffles, biscuit and gravy and oatmeal with toppings of brown sugar, almonds, cranberries and raisins were the hot foods in two different areas. Bowls and plates were loaded underneath each, so no running around gathering plates. There was sugar-free syrup for the waffles, which was a nice touch, but only margarine which tasted awful. Bagels and bread were available for toasting, three types of cereals. Small yogurts in three flavors and boiled eggs available; drinks were apple, orange and cranberry juice, but all of them tasted “canned” to me. I didn't see any fresh fruit other than apples...this is a problem with most breakfasts. Lots of coffee but it was very strong. Staff was present, pleasant and kept things well-stocked. BUT, Half and half was in the individual tubs, which created a backlog as people tried to make their coffee. Please get a carafe for people to use. 2) There was no place to prep your waffle once cooked unless you went to another counter and blocked others' access to condiments or food. There needs to be a small area next to the waffles that contains butter, margarine, etc. 3) There wasn't enough metal silverware...we had to use plastic forks which didn't work well on the waffle.
Pool: The pool is not large, going only to five feet. But it was clean and refreshing. I really enjoyed going in it or sitting on the edge with my feet in while I read. The water is just the right temperature. There are not a lot of chairs/chaise lounges and there isn't very much shade, which becomes an issue in the morning. But the building begins to shade the pool in the afternoon. I wish they had more lounge chairs and that the hours were open later. At 115 degrees out, I didn't use the hot tub, but it was large and very clean. Note that pool towels have to be obtained at the front desk, not particularly near the pool area, so don't forget.
We will probably make this our hotel whenever we are in Vegas. You won't go wrong with it if you are looking for a place off the strip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South is located adjacent to McCarran International Airport (LAS) and two miles from the world famous Las Vegas Strip. Our complimentary shuttle service runs 24 hours a day to and from McCarran International Airport. We also offer hourly complimentary shuttle service to and from the Mandalay Bay Resort Convention Center and Town Square outdoor shopping mall. Our clean and comfortable rooms are designed to please any guest. Rooms are available with two queen beds, one king, or a king with sofa sleeper. Two room suites and Spa Suites are available for guests looking for additional space. All rooms come equipped with European-style pillow top mattresses, Keurig coffee makers, flat screen televisions with the most popular satellite channels, free wireless or wired Internet, and much more. Enjoy fantastic views of the Las Vegas Strip or McCarran International Airport. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South offers five meeting rooms, for just about any need. Our meeting rooms can hold up to 120 people depending on the set-up. Our hotel features a 24 hour Business Center, Fitness Room, and Guest Laundry. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South also features a 24 hour pool and hot tub, so our guests can relax after a busy day. Hop aboard our shuttle for a trip to Town Square outdoor shopping mall. Enjoy a pleasant meal at one of many restaurants including Brio, California Pizza Kitchen, The Yardhouse, Bonefish Grille, and Stoneys. Take in a movie at the AMC Theaters or hang out at the newly opened Gameworks. Shop in one of the many fine stores including Apple, Frys Electronics, and H&M, or pick up some groceries at Whole Foods. Our shuttle also goes to the Mandalay Bay Resort and Convention Center; home to Cirque Du Soleils, Michael Jackson One and the Mandalay Events Center. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South also caters to large groups, including Sports Teams, Family Reunions, and Wedding Parties. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to provide whatever it takes service to ensure a pleasant and successful gathering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, LaQuinta, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South Hotel Las Vegas
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Las Vegas Airport South