“Wonderful experience!”

Ranked #11 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Luis Obispo, California
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Our experience here for two nights for a family gathering was better than nice. For a AAA rate of just over $70 including breakfast plus none of the added charges like "resort fees," I was VERY pleased with the hotel and would recommend this to anyone.

Hotel: Three stories a block off a larger street, it's off the strip (a plus for us) right next to the airport and can be a little hard to find, especially if you are coming in at night, because of their freeway on/off system. I highly recommend a GPS if you are not familiar with the area. Parking is plentiful and the parking lot feels very safe. The ENTIRE hotel is non-smoking, and there are no gambling devices here--it was lovely! Getting to the strip from the hotel is simple, and the hotel offers a free shuttle every hour to a couple different places. I didn't use the shuttle. There are restaurants within a few blocks (The Egg Works was excellent), and a Target and grocery stores within 3 miles. The ice machines on each floor work well, and there are vending machines, but they are pricey ($2+ for a 12 oz soda).

Staff: they went out of their way to be helpful, calling me ahead of time about a credit card number error, gave us directions and recommendations for restaurants, and happily provided an extra two hours for late check-out on our departure day. I only wish someone had offered to help us with our luggage instead of merely telling me where the luggage cart was, but maybe because there were two of us (both older), they thought we were capable on our own. Housekeeping staff was very good also.

Room: The rooms are very nice, large, and clean. But the small touches definitely cemented the good first impression. We stayed on the third floor at the far end (306). We could see the planes land or take off, depending on the wind. We did not have trouble with airport noise, though we thought we would because it was definitely an issue in the parking lot. The “lining” on the bottom of the door was shredded to bits and we thought there might be a problem with noise from the hall because of it being gone, but we did not hear neighbors or people in the hall. The room was quiet and we were able to sleep well. The room was nicely decorated in colors of celery and moss green on the walls, white ceilings with a dark rich purple in the linens/curtains. Linens were of good quality and very clean. The beds (two queens) were exceedingly comfortable; they also provide you a variety of pillow types, which I loved because I can't sleep well on the foam, stuffed-to-the-gill pillows. Each bed had 4 pillows. The microwave and fridge were both working well and clean. TV worked well. There were lots of plugs to use for charging devices, easily accessed and conveniently placed. The Wi-Fi worked well with two computers going at one point. The lighting was more than adequate for both overall and individual use. A separate closet provided a place to store your luggage out of sight, and a full-length mirror outside the bathroom was a nice touch. I had occasion to use the iron, and it worked very well. The bath was your average shower/tub combo, but clean with nice finishes. The AC worked very well, especially since it was 115 outside. My only small gripes: The bathroom amenities were a small bottle of shampoo and a small bar of soap. They were not particularly good—it got my hair clean, but it was tangled and hard to comb out. It would not work for someone who has fine or problematic hair—bring your own shampoo/conditioner if you do. Also, there is no more than enough for one person. There was a business desk with a business chair, but nowhere else to sit. I wish there had been another chair of some type. Lastly, we didn't use the in-room coffee maker, but it was very small and had only enough “condiments” for two small cups of coffee—inadequate for two people who drink coffee.

Breakfast: The breakfast area was large, with plenty of seating even on Saturday and Sundays. You can also sit outside near the pool area at tables with umbrellas. All the seating was good quality and well-maintained. Televisions were on but not disturbingly loud. Waffles, biscuit and gravy and oatmeal with toppings of brown sugar, almonds, cranberries and raisins were the hot foods in two different areas. Bowls and plates were loaded underneath each, so no running around gathering plates. There was sugar-free syrup for the waffles, which was a nice touch, but only margarine which tasted awful. Bagels and bread were available for toasting, three types of cereals. Small yogurts in three flavors and boiled eggs available; drinks were apple, orange and cranberry juice, but all of them tasted “canned” to me. I didn't see any fresh fruit other than apples...this is a problem with most breakfasts. Lots of coffee but it was very strong. Staff was present, pleasant and kept things well-stocked. BUT, Half and half was in the individual tubs, which created a backlog as people tried to make their coffee. Please get a carafe for people to use. 2) There was no place to prep your waffle once cooked unless you went to another counter and blocked others' access to condiments or food. There needs to be a small area next to the waffles that contains butter, margarine, etc. 3) There wasn't enough metal silverware...we had to use plastic forks which didn't work well on the waffle.

Pool: The pool is not large, going only to five feet. But it was clean and refreshing. I really enjoyed going in it or sitting on the edge with my feet in while I read. The water is just the right temperature. There are not a lot of chairs/chaise lounges and there isn't very much shade, which becomes an issue in the morning. But the building begins to shade the pool in the afternoon. I wish they had more lounge chairs and that the hours were open later. At 115 degrees out, I didn't use the hot tub, but it was large and very clean. Note that pool towels have to be obtained at the front desk, not particularly near the pool area, so don't forget.

We will probably make this our hotel whenever we are in Vegas. You won't go wrong with it if you are looking for a place off the strip.

Room Tip: Ask for away from the elevators to avoid noise from housekeeping carts getting on and off the elevat...
4 Thank ccehawkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sitka, Alaska
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel is off the strip which is plus for us since we have very young children. It us also pet friendly! And they don't charge a pet fee! The rooms are spacious and very clean. Hot breakfast is included. They offer several options as they have boiled eggs, breads and bagels, oatmeal (instant and in a slow cooker type of appliance), coffee, juices, milk, cereals, and they have a waffle station. The staff is friendly and courteous. We would definitely recommend to families traveling with their young children and pets.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MamaLeti
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 19, 2014

It was 110 degrees in Las Vegas, the shuttle van came and the driver offered me a cold water.
The shuttle service runs 24 hours and goes to the Airport, Town Square, and Mandalay Bay.
The entire staff is customer service orientated, and knowledgeable about what is going on in the city. The rooms are nice and clean. Since this hotel is right next to the airport, you can see the planes take-off and land.
They have an excellent free breakfast complete with a waffle maker.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ItsNever2L8
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I never would have thought to book an airport chain hotel for my 40th anniversary celebration. Instead, my husband and I spent three disappointing days at the dated and dingy Mirage, putting up with poor service, battling the crowds, and paying through the nose for everything. As we explored the other Strip hotels, I noticed that though some of them were glitzier, none of them were particularly friendly or relaxing. I could hardly wait to go home!

Thanks to a cancelled flight, I got to experience this La Quinta. The facility was clean, tastefully decorated, and well-maintained. Our room was every bit as nice and comfortable as the one we had at the Mirage (though a bit smaller) and equipped with a refrigerator (not a minibar!), microwave, and coffee maker. The hotel even provided complimentary bottled water.

The staff was welcoming and friendly. Since we checked in with just the clothes on our backs, they gave us complimentary toothbrushes and toothpaste as well as shaving cream and a razor for my husband. The shuttle drivers were accommodating as well, cheerfully delivering guests to the airport, the Strip, and local shopping (Wal Mart and Town Center.)

I didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice and uncrowded. I also noticed guest laundry and a decently equipped fitness room, but my favorite part was the free breakfast. After paying $16 for a Belgian waffle and a cup of coffee at the Mirage, I really appreciated making my own at no charge!

If I ever go back to Las Vegas (big if), I will definitely stay here.

2 Thank LaurelParker
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel was friendly, fairly new and very customer service oriented. Pool/spa open 24 hours, shuttle service to airport, shopping at Town Square and the Las Vegas strip was on time and the drivers were friendly (even offering cold bottles of water from a cooler!). We were there for one night prior to an early morning flight - would definitely return and consider a longer stay.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Patricia I
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The rooms are nicely done, very clean and appear to be new. The beds were very comfortable and we heard no noise from the airport. It very easy to access the rental car return from this location. For the price, this place is hard to beat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas057
Lone Pine, California, USA
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I really do enjoy my stays at this La Quinta. I always stay here when I am traveling by air to and from Las Vegas. The staff is very good, the rooms are always clean and the hotel is very convenient to the airport. The shuttle drivers are professional and will get you to your terminal on time - often only a ten or twelve minute drive! I have stayed here many times since they opened for business.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta