“Nice place for an overnight”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South
Ranked #9 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Pittsburgh
“Nice place for an overnight”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nice, clean, comfortable hotel close to the airport. We didn't hear any airplane noise, so sound insulation was pretty good. There isn't much within walking distance (pizza places and the like) but it's ideal for an overnight.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pittsburgh_cyclist
Chris A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here three nights at the end of January on a non-business trip and can confirm the high reviews of this facility. It is excellent! Very friendly, very clean, updated, with exceptional beds and a better than usual free breakfast.

Noise was not an issue at all! I'm a very light sleeper, but I never, ever heard the planes. I did ask for a quiet room in my online booking, and obviously, they honored the request. Even outside in the parking lot, noise was really not an issue with the planes.

I rented a car, so transportation was not a problem, and the location of this place was perfect for jumping onto major arteries or going to the strip.

This was my first stay at La Quinta, as I am a business traveler who frequents the other chains. But this will not be my last. I'm seeking out La Quinta locations from now on. Everyone was very friendly. My two business travel requirements for hotels were met - quietness and a great bed. I can't speak to the shuttle service, as it would be required if you do not have a car.

This one is a winner for me.

Room Tip: As for a quiet room, and you will get one. I did so and never heard any airport noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nashvillecat
Virginia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was by far the best La Quinta I've ever stayed at. We wanted to check out Vegas on our move cross-country, but none of the strip hotels I could find were cat-friendly. Luckily, this hotel is very pet-friendly with no pet fees, and it's right around the corner from the strip. So close that there was a view of the strip from our room. We took the free shuttle to Mandalay Bay and had a really fun time.

The rooms themselves were crazy clean. I'm very picky about hotel rooms and this one felt more like an actual nice hotel--most La Quintas have that icky highway motel vibe. Everything felt very new, and the beds were comfy. The lobby was cute and the staff were some of the nicest hotel employees I've encountered.

The hotel is non-smoking, which is awesome as nothing smelled like smoke, and the room was dirt cheap.

The only issue some might have is that the hotel is close to the airport, meaning you can hear the planes landing and taking off. For me, that was a non-issue as I love planes and my husband and I both sleep very soundly. For light sleepers, I could see the jet noise posing a problem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a newer LaQuinta and has some great people working here. Rooms are very nice & clean and surprisingly, being so close to the Airport, you do not hear their noise. I would have rated this a "5" had it not been for the noise that you could hear from the hallway. There is a shuttle available to take you to the Airport and to the Strip ( only goes as far as the Mandalay Bay ). Breakfast was so-so; I have had better at other LQ's. I would stay here again because of the great room & great rates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Yorba Linda, California, USA
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The La Quinta Las Vegas Airport South is a newer facility that combines great service with a great hotel at a great location. You are minutes from the Strip and La Quinta provides shuttle service to not only the airport, but several spots downtown and the Strip. Our room was quiet and most comfortable. I have stayed here before and will again. Breakfast is good also.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family