“Compared to the Strip,,,,,,”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA
“Compared to the Strip,,,,,,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Unless you are staying in the outskirts hotels for a casino rate of >30.00 dollars a night this place is the place to stay. Here's why---- free breakfast that was very good, clean, and not crowded. Nice pool and hot tub,,, again clean and working at 100%,,, 2 yes 2 hotel shuttles that were staffed 24/7 by friendly drivers,,,, did I mention that they will take you to the city duece bus line that goes down the strip.... and then pick you up when you call.. excellent beds,,,, the entire property is non smoking,,, in Vegas that means alot... ample parking,,, free evening cookies that are fresh baked.... free usa today newspapers.....
I am from Wisconsin and this hotel is run right.. the head housekeeper is really on top of things from what I could see.. and the manager was visable daily and ready to help the guests... But don't take my word for it check with all the airline crews that stay there...
If you don't want the bright lights of the strip but just want a nice place to stay.. I recommend this hotel... but then again try the strip the first time you come to vegas so that the next time you come you will know why I took the time to write this long review, I come to vegas often and have stayed just about everywhere...

Peter
( p.s. no resort fees added to your bill when you check in..)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank mooselodgehunter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Very clean & comfortable beds, 100% non-smoking, nice flat TV with cable, free parking, free fast internet, free breakfast, free-Keurig coffee, free 2 water bottles in fridge, convenient microwave, large desk, comfy sofa bed, ergonomic office chairs, no resort fee, amazing staff, and best of all, you can stay with your dog at no extra charge! Definitely will come back here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located for a trip to Vegas with family and pets. It accommodates dogs and many people use it because of that. There is very little noise from other dogs and it is always safe to walk them even in the night. A hotel nearer the Strip would not have this convenience and I would not feel happy leaving my dog anywhere else while enjoying the experience of Vegas. We used it when we made a medical emergency trip to Vegas and felt that our dogs and our possessions were secure while we were at the hospital.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The room was the absolute cleanest room I've EVER been in. It wasn't just a 'hotel room', it was a mini apartment. The bed was beyond comfortable with five pillows on it. The heat/ac unit was quick to do it's job. The window had three sets of curtains to insure complete privacy. There were seven lamps and two ceiling lights. I was very impressed with the two bottles of water waiting patiently in the large mini frige for us. The flat screen TV swiveled and easily hooked up to our portable DVD player. When I saw the housekeeper in the hallway that morning I asked her if she had any comment cards because I couldn't find one in the room. She said no but immediately took off and quickly returned with a small slip of paper with this website info on it for me. I am a pet person and enjoyed getting dog kisses and chatting with the owners of said dogs. Breakfast had SO many choices I was unable to sample them all. The other diners were very friendly and helped the new ones out by telling them to quickly flip the waffle maker over for the best results. My only complaint, and I struggled to come up with one, is that the massaging shower head had no remote and was a little difficult to reach for a girl of 5'5"! On my next visit I am sure I will see that poorly printed small slip of paper become another of the nicely laminated permanent informational cards in the room! Also, the Yellow Pages was dated 2010, but with free local calls, 411 was so easy. Other benefits - NO panhandlers, no drunks, and no people pushing little cards into your face! The grounds were well manicured and clean. The pool area was also very nice. I look forward to my next visit here!

Room Tip: Ground floor near the exit in the rear of building!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

One of the cons of Las Vegas is the smoked out rooms everywhere on the strip. For the last day of the trip, stayed at this La Quinta before flying out.

Rooms were small, but well appointed with a Keurig, Flat panel tv, microwave and fridge.

The staff were fairly friendly and got me what I needed.

Cons... Internet connection (wifi) was shoddy. In the evening, it would drop the connection quite frequently and would be quite slow. It got significantly better late late at night and in the morning next day.

Sleep quality is good. Great bedding and mattresses. Awesome pillows.

Only other issue.... felt like I was staying in a storage unit. All of the door frames were aluminum, hollow.... so just felt quite cheap. Not even other Courtyards, or fairfield inns were like this. I am sure there is nothing they can do about it now.

May be an issue for some, I stayed in Room 252... facing the airport across the street. Every few mins, you would hear the roar of a jet taking off. Landings were not that much an issue. So if you are a sound sleeper... I would get a room on a different side. Did not seem like there were sound insulation at all.

Everything else was fine for my short 1 night stay.

Would I stay here again? Maybe. If it was cheap cheap, or only game in town, I would. The rooms are a tad small for a longer stay, although quite clean and smoke free. I paid $80 with the AAA rate, but would rather pay $100 for a higher end smoke free place if it was an option.

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice place... but by all means it is not a number 5 hotel in Las Vegas. It is far better than most 4 star hotels on the strips.

Note.... the hotel is by the airport, but about 25 mins from the center strip. The shuttle goes to the Mandalay Bay at the very south end of the strip. So you will need a car if you go elsewhere. Perfect place to stay before flight.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank aeromaks
Bow, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Bar none, best La Quinta I have ever stayed in. Very friendly staff, very well appointed room. Comfy beds and a nice breakfast too. Van service to and from airport was on time and drivers were helpful and courteous. Couldn't ask for a better stay - will definitely stay here again !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mnt2
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I was very surprised and happy with my stay at this La Quinta. I was making a cross country trip and wanted to stay in Vegas, however was traveling with my large dog. I was hesitant about having to stay so far from the strip but the hotel offers a free hourly shuttle service to and from the Mandalay Bay. The room was large and clean and the staff at the check in desk were friendly. There was a small area behind the hotel in the parking lot for my dog to walk around in and do her business. Although it is right by the airport, the sounds of the planes taking off were barely noticeable. Added bonus, the rate was very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2013