Check in was a breeze and the first room impression was nice. Unfortunately, it was downhill from there. The front desk staff and the drivers are very nice; more later on the rest of the staff.
The room was large, had microwave and fridge. The bed was comfortable, but on the firm side. If you do not have your own pillows, the ones provided are great. The TV has Starz and limited channel choice. Our TV had channel reception issues; few channels were out. We called several times and were also told the maintenance would check it. They did not. On a second night after calling again shuttle driver checked and fixed it (bad cable connection).
The place is noisy; one expects that being next to the airport. But there is no sound insulation in the room itself. Zero. If you have a visitor with ingestion problems and he needs to use the restroom, you may want to leave to room or use ear plugs. We felt like standing next to the person doing his business. Pretty disgusting.
Our thermostat was also off by 4 degrees. So when we set the temp to 72F we thought the room will be 72F. It actually showed 68F; too cold. It was after all, freezing outside. Plus it took about 10 min for the unit to start producing any warm air. This could be just an issue with this room but who knows.
The breakfast is rather sad, limited in selection and quantity. On our first morning (and we were the first one there) they had 7 bagels to start the day with and they all looked rather tired. Asking for fresh ones was met with cold stare and terse reply that they are fresh. We also tried the hard boiled eggs. Peeling them revealed unsavory green sheen; safe to say we did not eat them. Next day we brought our own breakfast.
Oh yes, they have real silverware and plates, but I would rather eat great breakfast like we had in Comfort Inn in Flagstaff from paper plates than lousy breakfast on real plates offered here.
The hotels hall carpets are in bad need of cleaning. Plus the duct tape to fix a tear does not add to the ambiance either.
The biggest no no that we experienced for the first time was a 'snooping' maid. She went through some of our things we left in the bath, throwing bags away we use to store items in (like toothpaste, floss, etc.). I guess she knows better what we need or use than we do. IMO this is a reprimand offence at the least, possibly employment termination if repeated offender. And yes, we let the front desk know.
We paid $402.08 for 3 nights (we stayed over New Year Eve). We will be back in LV, but we will not stay here again.
My expectation of value must be different from other TA user since I have had mixed experience with top rated hotels. As I write this the hotel is rated #5 out of 275. Put 4 in front of the 5 and I would agree because it this place is truly #5 then Las Vegas is in more trouble than it already is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South is located adjacent to McCarran International Airport (LAS) and two miles from the world famous Las Vegas Strip. Our complimentary shuttle service runs 24 hours a day to and from McCarran International Airport. We also offer hourly complimentary shuttle service to and from the Mandalay Bay Resort Convention Center and Town Square outdoor shopping mall. Our clean and comfortable rooms are designed to please any guest. Rooms are available with two queen beds, one king, or a king with sofa sleeper. Two room suites and Spa Suites are available for guests looking for additional space. All rooms come equipped with European-style pillow top mattresses, Keurig coffee makers, flat screen televisions with the most popular satellite channels, free wireless or wired Internet, and much more. Enjoy fantastic views of the Las Vegas Strip or McCarran International Airport. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South offers five meeting rooms, for just about any need. Our meeting rooms can hold up to 120 people depending on the set-up. Our hotel features a 24 hour Business Center, Fitness Room, and Guest Laundry. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South also features a 24 hour pool and hot tub, so our guests can relax after a busy day. Hop aboard our shuttle for a trip to Town Square outdoor shopping mall. Enjoy a pleasant meal at one of many restaurants including Brio, California Pizza Kitchen, The Yardhouse, Bonefish Grille, and Stoneys. Take in a movie at the AMC Theaters or hang out at the newly opened Gameworks. Shop in one of the many fine stores including Apple, Frys Electronics, and H&M, or pick up some groceries at Whole Foods. Our shuttle also goes to the Mandalay Bay Resort and Convention Center; home to Cirque Du Soleils, Michael Jackson One and the Mandalay Events Center. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South also caters to large groups, including Sports Teams, Family Reunions, and Wedding Parties. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to provide whatever it takes service to ensure a pleasant and successful gathering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, LaQuinta, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South Hotel Las Vegas
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Las Vegas Airport South