I had an unexpected overnight stay in Las Vegas while traveling from Los Angeles back to Cleveland. All flights through Chicago were cancelled because of a snow storm. I could stay in L.A. or take a flight to Las Vegas. Duh! I went to the trusty Trip Advisor web site and looked for something close to the Las Vegas Airport and not too expensive. The LaQuinta just south of the Airport was highly rated and priced right.
This is what I liked. Their shuttle service picked me up at the Airport. At the hotel, there were no slot machines, no bars, no restaurant, no noise, no crowds and no high prices. Free bottled water was also appreciated. The bed was VERY comfortable. It was like an oasis in the middle of the sensory overload that they call the Las Vegas Strip. They had a shuttle to and from the Mandalay Bay every hour. The same shuttle service took me to the Airport at 4:30 AM with no complaints. My driver, Sherman, could not have been nicer. Since the breakfast service was not open until 6:00 AM, they actually packed me a breakfast to go!
What a pleasant surpise this was! If you want good rates and a clean comfortable room instead of hype and hooplah in Las Vegas, this is it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South is located adjacent to McCarran International Airport (LAS) and two miles from the world famous Las Vegas Strip. Our complimentary shuttle service runs 24 hours a day to and from McCarran International Airport. We also offer hourly complimentary shuttle service to and from the Mandalay Bay Resort Convention Center and Town Square outdoor shopping mall. Our clean and comfortable rooms are designed to please any guest. Rooms are available with two queen beds, one king, or a king with sofa sleeper. Two room suites and Spa Suites are available for guests looking for additional space. All rooms come equipped with European-style pillow top mattresses, Keurig coffee makers, flat screen televisions with the most popular satellite channels, free wireless or wired Internet, and much more. Enjoy fantastic views of the Las Vegas Strip or McCarran International Airport. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South offers five meeting rooms, for just about any need. Our meeting rooms can hold up to 120 people depending on the set-up. Our hotel features a 24 hour Business Center, Fitness Room, and Guest Laundry. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South also features a 24 hour pool and hot tub, so our guests can relax after a busy day. Hop aboard our shuttle for a trip to Town Square outdoor shopping mall. Enjoy a pleasant meal at one of many restaurants including Brio, California Pizza Kitchen, The Yardhouse, Bonefish Grille, and Stoneys. Take in a movie at the AMC Theaters or hang out at the newly opened Gameworks. Shop in one of the many fine stores including Apple, Frys Electronics, and H&M, or pick up some groceries at Whole Foods. Our shuttle also goes to the Mandalay Bay Resort and Convention Center; home to Cirque Du Soleils, Michael Jackson One and the Mandalay Events Center. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport South also caters to large groups, including Sports Teams, Family Reunions, and Wedding Parties. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to provide whatever it takes service to ensure a pleasant and successful gathering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South Hotel Las Vegas
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Las Vegas Airport South