“Nothing is what it seems...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Canyon Tours

Grand Canyon Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Original Grand Canyon Tour Company provides daily service from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Options include aervice by Airplane - Bus - Helicopter - Train. No one does the canyon like we do! For over 25 years we have provided safe, reliable service for those looking to experience the Grand Canyon. From white water rafting to hiking the rim. Canyon floor landings to fly overs. Round trip bus service or day trips. From Los Angeles, Phoenix or Fabulous Las Vegas. The Origial Grand Canyon Tour Company is the name to remember.
Seattle, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nothing is what it seems...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Took a trip to Grand Canyon South rim. The price was decent and the sign of excellence from tripadvisor did a job... First of all- they DO NOT pick up people form the hotel. Well, the do, but not from everywhere. If your hotel is not on a strip or its' surroundings, then you are probably screwed. That's what happened to us. Thanks to our hotel staff, that told us just to to drive our car to the check-in place and leave the car out there at the public parking area. Now, the checking-in... We were told to be there at 6:15 in the morning. "Long trip" we thought. Well, it is a long trip. But the bus left at 7:30!!!! So we had to get up at 4:40 in the morning (including our 6 year old kid), take a shower and drive to the checking point.
OK, we are there, it is 6:05, we still have some time. Running around the Planet Hollywood hotel (the checking point) finally found the place that says "buses" and several people like us waiting for the pickup. I decided to double check with the bus driver, that had just arrived, if that is the right place and received the positive answer. Great!!!! But that was too early... We saw 2 or three buses came in and picked up people, but not us!!! Clock was ticking, it was 6:35 when I called their customer service. What I was told was dissappointing- we were at the wrong place. And there check in was INSIDE of the hotel at one of the entrances!!! WHY DID YOU NOTE IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL, THAT WE NEED TO WAIT OUTSIDE OF THE PARKING AREA THEN??? OK, rushed to find the place, finally got it located (thanks to Planet Hollywood parking assistants) and what we saw was people relaxed, drinking coffee, chatting, etc. We thought we were late and ecerybody was waiting for us only since it was almost 7 when we got there. But apperantly, the bus was leaving at 7:30!!! WHY DID YOU MAKE US TO BE THERE AT 6:15 WITH A 6 YEAR OLD KID? We could easily make it by 7:15 with no rush and still have another 15 minutes, especially if you would include an appropriate information in your email.

The trip was good, the driver was informative. The only thing that I didn't like about him was the fact that he kept mentioning that the tip to the driver is appreciated. Well, you can mention it once or twice, but not at every stop and when it is written in your itinerary. The bus was good, the food was good as well. But I am sure, that most of other companies, that provide the same service would have the same quality of buses and food. So, nothing special about it.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Slava D

• Korean first
Dauphin, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Amazing / Well priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I did the : Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour and it cost roughly $600 USD for the two of us. The company had us picked up in a Limo and also returned us after the tour. I would strongly suggest taking the Helicopter tour as the bus tour , as I'm told, is way to long. The helicopter tour was about 1.5hours in the air, so we still had all day to relax or do other things. Our pilot was amazing. We have nothing bad to say about the company , everything was organized well. I have attached the website link to this review, as there are many different Grand Canyon Tours coming up for review and I want to give credit to the proper company.

5 Thank Melissa C
Sugar Land, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“LONG day for only 2 hours at Hoover Dam”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We did the deluxe Hoover Dam tour from Las Vegas through Grand Canyon Tour Company. I am officially done with any tours that involve a bus. This is billed as a 5 hour tour. We were picked up at 9:15 and we bailed from our bus at 4 pm (thus losing our cab voucher). Had we stayed on, we would not have been back to our hotel until 5 pm at the earliest. The bus driver basically never said a word during the trip. The Dam itself is definitely worth seeing, very interesting, great site. The power plant tour was informative. Having said that, you only get 2 hours there and after waiting in line for the power plant tour that's not much free time at all. After the tour we were supposed to be dropped off at Planet Hollywood for lunch (at 5 pm after not eating since breakfast??? -- plus all you get is a $10 gift card to the food court in the mall and GOOD LUCK finding any place that takes it!) When we got back to the Strip, already running late, the driver decided to go drop 4 people at The Orleans off the strip which added 45 minutes!! Insane! They couldn't take a cab from PH like everyone else was supposed to??? Next he went to Monte Carlo at which point we'd had it. We got off the bus and paid for our own cab. I get that the company cannot control traffic, but they need to be much more prepared. Or they need to tell people this is really an 8 hour tour with no lunch and only 2 hours at the Dam. Oh, and Ethel M Chocolates really isn't worth it. I've seen much better chocolate factories. In all, I'd recommend the Dam but not going on one of these tours. Rent a car and drive yourself.

1 Thank Pookiepoo216
Glenview, Illinois
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Hoover Dam Motor Coach Tour from Las Vegas throug this comapny from the power pass Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

This company does a tour for The Hoover dam through the Las Vegas Power pass. I would suggest doing this amazing. They picked us up from our hotel at 9:am and we went to a hotel and hopped on a deluxe motor coach that took us to the Hoover Dam. We got 2 hours at the damn for $3 more I was able to take the tour of the dam. We also stopped at Ethel M. Chocolate Factory which was cool. The best part of this whole tour was are amazing driver and tour guide Robert Honestly the best most informative and sweetest driver/guide I have had. I would highly suggest this to anyone. Would definitely do this again.

2 Thank Rosalove7
Zagreb, Croatia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“South RIM car tour from Las Vegas via Route 66”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Trip lasted a total of 12 hours. we went from the MGM Grand hotel went on route 66 and occasionally stood on places to eat and something to drink. atmosphere was very correct. On the way we stopped and a Hoover Dam so we visited it. One day for such a trip is great because you see the USA expanses, Barn, Grand Canyon (dessert look that is both in the national park where you can see various animals ...) definitely recommend if you want to spend money on local restaurants, and other things except helicopters and such costs.

Visited November 2013