“Good value”
Review of Grand Canyon Tours

Grand Canyon Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Original Grand Canyon Tour Company provides daily service from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Options include aervice by Airplane - Bus - Helicopter - Train. No one does the canyon like we do! For over 25 years we have provided safe, reliable service for those looking to experience the Grand Canyon. From white water rafting to hiking the rim. Canyon floor landings to fly overs. Round trip bus service or day trips. From Los Angeles, Phoenix or Fabulous Las Vegas. The Origial Grand Canyon Tour Company is the name to remember.
vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good value”
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We were picked up promptly at 6:15, delivered to the Hard Rock Hotel. Check in went smooth. They had coffee and juice and some packaged pastries for breakfast. The bus was on its way promptly at 7am. We stopped at the Hoover Dam for about 15 minutes. I had already been there before so it was enough time for me. Next stop was another 15 minutes or so basically to stretch and restroom break. Then another 1 1/2 hours to the next stop where we had lunch. Lunch was decent. Salad bar, soup, simple buffet and cake for dessert. Next stop Grand Canyon! Had a one hour stop and then to another location for another hour. If you have never been to the Grand Canyon it is a must see. It is worth the long bus ride. I found 2 hours was enough. I basically wanted to say I have seen the Grand Canyon. If you want to spend more time there don't book the bus excursion. We did a couple of stops on the way back and were dropped off at our hotel by 8:30 pm. The bus driver was very nice and friendly. A bit of a comic at times. He was very efficient and had been driving bus for 20 years. The bus was nice and we had movies and shows about Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon all the way there and back. All in all a good trip. I found the trip was worth the cost.

4 Thank CanadianGalVancouver

• Korean first
Thornhill, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Grand Canyon West Rim w/Skywalk”
Reviewed June 6, 2008

The booking agent I spoke to on the phone from Grand Canyon Tour Company was pleasant and knowledgeable. We booked the West Rim van tour with the Skywalk option for $149 per person. It included hotel pick-up and drop off, with a buffet lunch at the west rim. After a prompt 6:15 a.m. pick-up, we were taken to the depot where we finalized payment, and by 7:00 we were on our way. Our vehicle was an 11-passenger van and was fairly comfortable. The drive to the west rim was 3-1/2 hours, including a few stops (Boulder City, NV; Dolan Springs, AZ; Hoover Dam). Upon arrival at the west rim, we were loaded onto a bus and taken to Eagle Point - site of the Skywalk. Two of the four people in our party thoroughly enjoyed the Skywalk, while the other two (including myself) found it somewhat unnerving. All four of us did complete the walk from one end to the other, however. After that, back onto the bus, where we were taking to Guano Point, which turned out to be far more scenic than Eagle Point, with a lot more trails. A buffet lunch was also served at Guano Point by the native Indians (very good - pulled pork, tortillas, coleslaw, corn bread, corn on the cob, macaroni and cheese, chicken, cobbler...). After lunch we had an hour or so to explore, after which we got back on the bus and were taken back to the west rim main entrance, where we met back up with our driver. On the way back, there was one scheduled stop at a "chocolate factory" in Dolan Springs (great popsicles!). Our driver also stopped at a park in Boulder City where wild big horn sheet were grazing. Overall, our experience with Grand Canyon Tour Company was a good one. Our only complaints were that our driver (Lachaise?) made several questionable passes on the 16-mile dirt road leading into the west rim, and that her knowledge of the region could have been better. We were dropped off back at our hotel at 6:00 p.m., which left lots of time to enjoy our last evening in Vegas.

9 Thank Roam the World
Boston, Ma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Never use this tour company (stay away) they mislead aout there tours”
Reviewed June 4, 2008

In a nutshell

Bus shows up over an hour late

Was told tour would be 8 hours hotel to hotel
Total tour time 6 hours

Was told I would be in the Grand Canyon for 3- 4 hours
Total time in the Canyon 1 hour 5 minutes paid over $500 for an hour in the Canyon

Was told the Bus would make 3 or 4 stops. Made 2 stops first one was 20 minutes the second one was 45 minutes

Tour was in Japanese (HUN) for $500 bucks you think they would have an English speaking tour guide

When I wrote customer service (Joke) they took over a month to get back to me by email
Only a one paragraph saying sorry you did not have a good time.

When I called them this is what they had to said

I booked a tour with the Grand Canyon Tour Company for May 7, 2008. The tour I selected was “The Original Canyon South Rim Air and Ground Tour” I scheduled this tour on the advice from Patty who works at the Grand Canyon Tour Company as she said the tour had the most value for the money.
She stated that the tour would be 8 plus hours hotel to hotel. She also stated the tour would be in the Canyon for about 3 or 4 hours and making about 3 or 4 stops. I told her that sounded great and booked the tour.

The tour in a nut shell turn out to be 6 hours long (hotel to hotel) The bus pick up us an over an hour late and we only had two 2 stop one for 20 minutes the other stop 45 minutes for a total time at the Canyon 1 hours 5 minutes in the Canyon not the three or four hours I was told by Patty.

Close to a month passed when Shelly Yankley finally emailed me with a response but she never responded to any of my issues. (See her response below) So I called Ms. Yankley and she said they only book the tours for Holiday Tours. I told her I felt I was over charged for the tour and the sales person (Patty) mislead me with false information about the tour. Ms Yankley exclaimed that Patty has worked many years with the Company and she would never mislead anyone about the tours. When I said she (Patty) said the tour would be 8 plus hours long Ms Yankley said that maybe I was mistaken and confused with some other tour. I told her “no I had the right tour because that what was recommended by Patty”.

I then asked Ms Yankley about the company web site which says the tour length is approximately 7 1/2 hours from hotel to hotel. She told me if you read the top of the site it states that this is always one of our best selling tours. We were told we would be picked up at 9:00 AM and did not get picked up until after 10:00 AM and were dropped off at 4:00 PM for a total of 6 hours. Her comment to me was she can’t help traffic so that why the bus was late and we were dropped off earlier.

When I booked the tour I told Patty I wanted to pay cash for the tour when I got there. She said that would not be a problem and made note on the E-Ticket confirming I could pay cash. When I got to the airport no one knew how to handle this request so I told them forget about it. When I asked Ms Yankley about it she at first said that Patty would never say that. Then when I told her I had it on the E-Tickets she then said Patty should have never said that and I should have called the company right away.

The tour was in Japanese as that was just about the whole bus. Now I understand 98% of the passengers on the tour were from Japan and you were catering to the clientele. Yes, the bus driver did make some comments in English (mostly sale pitches for other tours) but the tour itself was for the most part in Japanese. When I asked Ms Yankley about this she said they do not provide tour guides and they must have hired someone for the tour. When I told her that indeed he did work for the tour company she said again we do not provide tours guides. Then I asked her why someone in the front of the bus was pointing out things in Japanese. She never answered me. Now I don’t have a problem with people from Japan but I should have been told that the tour would have been in Japanese

I also stated to Ms Yankley I made a number of calls to the company the day of the tour about the bus being late and she said no computer records of me calling and they track all calls. So I pulled my cell phone records and told her I called her company on 9:09AM, 9:25AM and 10:04 AM about the bus being late and I would be more than happy to fax it to her. She than changed the subject and said you got a full tour”.

I called her a second time on June 3, 2008 and she said again they only book tours for your company and there not much she would do. I then asked to speak to her supervisor she said to me he was not in but would you like me to have him call you back.
I said please and I have not heard back from him as of this email.

9 Thank prjoly

Been to Grand Canyon Tours? Share your experiences!