“A Dangerous Trip!!!”
Review of Grand Canyon Tours

Grand Canyon Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Original Grand Canyon Tour Company provides daily service from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Options include aervice by Airplane - Bus - Helicopter - Train. No one does the canyon like we do! For over 25 years we have provided safe, reliable service for those looking to experience the Grand Canyon. From white water rafting to hiking the rim. Canyon floor landings to fly overs. Round trip bus service or day trips. From Los Angeles, Phoenix or Fabulous Las Vegas. The Origial Grand Canyon Tour Company is the name to remember.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family of 8 had planned to go on this tour to celebrate a 60th birthday birthday. Unfortunately the only good thing about the tour was the tour guide, Brandon. He made the day semi-bearable. The grand canyon was completed fogged in so we did not see anything. Also it snowed and the roads were incredibly dangerous. The roads were all ice and there was 2 roll overs and a jack knifed tracker trailor. We called the company and spoke directly with the owner and he didn't care. The tour should have been cancelled because of the weather and the condition of the canyon, but instead the owner cares more about money than the SAFETY and satisfaction of his customers.

Posted a picture so you could see what we paid to see. ridiculous!

1  Thank Erica H
Steve T, Manager at Grand Canyon Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Please refer to the management response given to the above review titled Ridiculous as this is the same group of 8.

There are newer reviews for Grand Canyon Tours

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was far and away the worst experience I have ever had in my life from a tour company. Our family of 8 went on this tour and I can't believe how irresponsible they were in allowing this tour to take place and how awful the customer service was after the fact.

The bus drive is five hours to the Grand Canyon. The fist thing the driver said when we got on the bus was "Does everyone know what the weather forecast is for today? There will be a lot of snow at the Grand Canyon and with the warm weather in the canyon there may be a lot of fog so you may not see much. Please remember that I don't work for the tour company directly and I did not decide to keep the tour on for today."

By the first stop there was rain, by the second their was heavy snow. Needles to say, when we got to the Grand Canyon there was nothing to see.

This is when it got bad. By the trip back the road was a sheet of ice. There were multiple very bad accidents on the road on the way back. It was very scary to be on these roads.

Now, I completely understand that weather can be unpredictable and although the tour company should have known that there would be nothing to see, that's not all my biggest complaint.

The weather forecast was for bad snow storms on the tour day for days before. If they have been doing this for 30 years they should have known that they were putting us at risk by allowing that tour to go out at all. The driver knew from the second that we got in the bus that it was not going to be a good tour.

The only reason this tour gets 1 star even is because the driver actually got us home in one piece.

Even worse, they had unbelievably bad customer service after the fact. Upon calling them they told us that if we knew the weather was going to be bad in advance we could have cancelled and not put ourselves in that situation. Not only should we not have to be the ones to make that call (we're not from the area and aren't familiar with the weather and they've been doing this for 30 years), but the cancellation policy strictly states that cancellations within 48 hours would be charged full price plus a gas surcharge! That is over $800 for our group!

Their response to our complaints was basically that they did nothing wrong. They felt they did the right thing allowing the tour to happen when horrible weather was being called for. The only thing they were willing to do was provide a voucher for 12 months. We're from CT, how would we possibly get back out there to use these vouchers? We wouldn't, and they know it.

Overall an awful experience and I strongly recommend looking elsewhere for a tour company to see the Grand Canyon. Maybe you won't have this bad of an experience, but is it worth putting your lives in the hands of such an irresponsible company? I think not.

I hope TripAdvisor reads this and reconsiders their "Certificate of Excellence" for this company.

2  Thank Jamie H

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I originally booked my tour to the south rim, but bad weather cancelled that tour. I was determined to see the Grand Canyon, so I paid an extra $30 to go on the west rim tour. Our bus driver Roy was really awesome. He was comical and provided lots of great information on the tour. There were many stops for the bathroom and food along the way. We stopped by the Hoover Dam to take pics. The new bypass bridge is something to see. Once you get to the Hualapai Indian Reservation you change buses. At the big white tent you then take shuttle buses to the three look out points. The Grand Canyon was beautiful!! I did the sky walk bridge, although I don't think its worth the extra money. We were at point two and all of a sudden it started snowing! The food was okay, it just wasn't seasoned well. Everyone at the reservation were very friendly. Overall this was a great tour and the Grand Canyon is a sight to see!

Thank you so much for your honest review. I hope next time you will be able to experience the magnificence of the South Rim. Steve : )

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I went on a tour of the Hoover Dam and another tour of the Grand Canyon with GRAND CANYON TOUR & TR. We got 2 hours at the Hoover Dam which was definitely not enough time. We barely got out of the power plant tour before it was time to leave.

The time allowed on the Grand Canyon tour was more appropriate (about 90min each stop), but it was difficult for me to enjoy when I had to constantly check the time to make sure we didn't miss the bus. We went to the South Rim, which made it a 15hr day. If I were to do it again I think I'd rent a car and plan on staying the night somewhere near the park. Or perhaps I'd choose the West rim tour, which is closer to Vegas.

The tours were pretty much on schedule and the guides were very knowledgable. A long ride was made better with entertainment from the guides and also a few movies.

Thanks so much for your review . Bus tours are not for everyone that is for sure, Yet they are affordable and the prefered option for those who do not wish to hassle with driving themseves in a unfamiliar environment, as well as providing a great platform for picturesque viewing. I think a helicopter or plane tour might have been a better option combined with a overnight package. Thanks again for traveling with us. Steve : )

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visiting Las Vegas, a trip to the Grand Canyon is a "must-do", and with so many to choose from I'm so pleased I chose The Grand Canyon Tour Company. The trip was excellent value and, from the minute we were picked up by the shuttle from out hotel (bang on the scheduled time) the day simply got better and better. Checking in was efficient and gave time to enjoy a leisurely coffee before an interesting and very informative drive to the Hoover Dam, with a brief rest room and refreshment stop en route. The coach has a restroom, so all comforts are taken care of.

The Hoover Dam is an outstanding achievement, and the background and history were ably explained. We were also given comments regarding the current water shortage position, which make us realise the potential problems for this area in the years to come.

Our driver Robert was an absolute joy and is a real asset to the company. His commentary was just right, informative, entertaining, and never over-bearing. He has developed the gift of knowing just how much to say, with a wonderful combination of knowledge and wit. I employ staff at the hotel I manage in the UK, and would take Robert on ANY day!

The West Rim was simply breathtaking; the welcome from the indigenous Hualapai Indians were welcoming and very informative about their homeland, happy to pose for photographs and give information about their home. The Skywalk gives an unrivalled opportunity to gaze into the depth of the canyon, and the surrounding re-creation of typical Native American dwellings very interesting. Moving on to Guano Point, the views are equally spectacular, before the final transfer to the Hualapai ranch for lunch and traditional entertainment, combining Indian and Cowboy music and dance. It's not "gourmet" food, but I was more than happy with the traditional BBQ style meal, which made me feel I was truly living in the past. There was also a range of other activities to enjoy at the ranch, before the drive home, which included a visit to an Arizona equivalent of a motorway services, complete with bar, coffee bar, snack and souvenir shop, all at great prices and staffed by the wackiest and friendliest owners I've ever come across!

We we returned to our hotel at the advertised time, leaving the evening free to get back into the city attractions.

Forget the hustlers on the Strip selling tours, I would recommend this company and tour to anyone looking to experience the natural beauty of the Grand Canyon. Thank you GCT and especially Robert for a truly memorable day.

2  Thank SteveJ2586

Wow , we are so happy to have provided you with such an enjoyable experience. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Grand Canyon Tours. On your next vacation we would love for you to choose one of our other fantastic destinations, Steve : )

Been to Grand Canyon Tours? Share your experiences!