“Grand Canyon West rim tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Canyon Tours

Grand Canyon Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Original Grand Canyon Tour Company provides daily service from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Options include aervice by Airplane - Bus - Helicopter - Train. No one does the canyon like we do! For over 25 years we have provided safe, reliable service for those looking to experience the Grand Canyon. From white water rafting to hiking the rim. Canyon floor landings to fly overs. Round trip bus service or day trips. From Los Angeles, Phoenix or Fabulous Las Vegas. The Origial Grand Canyon Tour Company is the name to remember.
The Woodlands, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Grand Canyon West rim tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I originally booked my tour to the south rim, but bad weather cancelled that tour. I was determined to see the Grand Canyon, so I paid an extra $30 to go on the west rim tour. Our bus driver Roy was really awesome. He was comical and provided lots of great information on the tour. There were many stops for the bathroom and food along the way. We stopped by the Hoover Dam to take pics. The new bypass bridge is something to see. Once you get to the Hualapai Indian Reservation you change buses. At the big white tent you then take shuttle buses to the three look out points. The Grand Canyon was beautiful!! I did the sky walk bridge, although I don't think its worth the extra money. We were at point two and all of a sudden it started snowing! The food was okay, it just wasn't seasoned well. Everyone at the reservation were very friendly. Overall this was a great tour and the Grand Canyon is a sight to see!

Visited March 2013
Steve T, Manager at Grand Canyon Tours, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your honest review. I hope next time you will be able to experience the magnificence of the South Rim. Steve : )

• Korean first
Derry, New Hampshire, United States
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Company was good; just not sure bus tours are for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I went on a tour of the Hoover Dam and another tour of the Grand Canyon with GRAND CANYON TOUR & TR. We got 2 hours at the Hoover Dam which was definitely not enough time. We barely got out of the power plant tour before it was time to leave.

The time allowed on the Grand Canyon tour was more appropriate (about 90min each stop), but it was difficult for me to enjoy when I had to constantly check the time to make sure we didn't miss the bus. We went to the South Rim, which made it a 15hr day. If I were to do it again I think I'd rent a car and plan on staying the night somewhere near the park. Or perhaps I'd choose the West rim tour, which is closer to Vegas.

The tours were pretty much on schedule and the guides were very knowledgable. A long ride was made better with entertainment from the guides and also a few movies.

Visited March 2013
Thanks so much for your review . Bus tours are not for everyone that is for sure, Yet they are affordable and the prefered option for those who do not wish to hassle with driving themseves in a unfamiliar environment, as well as providing a great platform for picturesque viewing. I think a helicopter or plane tour might have been a better option combined with a overnight package. Thanks again for traveling with us. Steve : )
Blackpool, UK
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Unmissable and Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visiting Las Vegas, a trip to the Grand Canyon is a "must-do", and with so many to choose from I'm so pleased I chose The Grand Canyon Tour Company. The trip was excellent value and, from the minute we were picked up by the shuttle from out hotel (bang on the scheduled time) the day simply got better and better. Checking in was efficient and gave time to enjoy a leisurely coffee before an interesting and very informative drive to the Hoover Dam, with a brief rest room and refreshment stop en route. The coach has a restroom, so all comforts are taken care of.

The Hoover Dam is an outstanding achievement, and the background and history were ably explained. We were also given comments regarding the current water shortage position, which make us realise the potential problems for this area in the years to come.

Our driver Robert was an absolute joy and is a real asset to the company. His commentary was just right, informative, entertaining, and never over-bearing. He has developed the gift of knowing just how much to say, with a wonderful combination of knowledge and wit. I employ staff at the hotel I manage in the UK, and would take Robert on ANY day!

The West Rim was simply breathtaking; the welcome from the indigenous Hualapai Indians were welcoming and very informative about their homeland, happy to pose for photographs and give information about their home. The Skywalk gives an unrivalled opportunity to gaze into the depth of the canyon, and the surrounding re-creation of typical Native American dwellings very interesting. Moving on to Guano Point, the views are equally spectacular, before the final transfer to the Hualapai ranch for lunch and traditional entertainment, combining Indian and Cowboy music and dance. It's not "gourmet" food, but I was more than happy with the traditional BBQ style meal, which made me feel I was truly living in the past. There was also a range of other activities to enjoy at the ranch, before the drive home, which included a visit to an Arizona equivalent of a motorway services, complete with bar, coffee bar, snack and souvenir shop, all at great prices and staffed by the wackiest and friendliest owners I've ever come across!

We we returned to our hotel at the advertised time, leaving the evening free to get back into the city attractions.

Forget the hustlers on the Strip selling tours, I would recommend this company and tour to anyone looking to experience the natural beauty of the Grand Canyon. Thank you GCT and especially Robert for a truly memorable day.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank SteveJ2586
Wow , we are so happy to have provided you with such an enjoyable experience. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Grand Canyon Tours. On your next vacation we would love for you to choose one of our other fantastic destinations, Steve : )
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

My family had a very enjoyable trip of Grand Canyon West Rim with this company last week. In fact on the day before we had been to the South Rim tour but we did not make it due to bad weather. They rescheduled the trip for the next day even though it was no fault of theirs. I would like to thank them for the good will gesture. I would have missed a life time experience with out this. The tour was very well organized and everything went well as planned without any issues.

I would like to make a special mention for our bus driver Frosty.
He provided us with some great information through out the journey and kept us entertained. We never got bored throughout the journey. His sense of humor was great. Special thanks to him for making this a wonderful experience.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank V_KUMAR_12
Hamilton, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Grand Canyon Tour Company West rim tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I went on the West rim tour with this company in early December 2012. It was a nice day trip as I was short on time I chose to visit the closer west rim from vegas. The company would not pick me up at my hotel as it was not on the strip, however they made arrangements for a pick up at a nearby hotel. The morning snack was useless as it was an unhealthy donut and coffee, however delicious lunch was provided later at the canyon by Hualapai native american's. We stopped at the hoover dam on the way to the canyon which was nice although the bus parked at the back of the dam and therefore we could not take any pictures of the the front of the dam which would have been more interesting. I'm not sure if there was a reason for this. The canyon itself was stunning. It was quite windy so I suggest you bring layers. Our driver "frosty" was great provided interesting facts about the area on route to the canyon. I did could have done without the terrible "B" level movies that were played on the bus tvs which could not be muted.
Overall it was a a long day but the best way to see the grand canyon in a short period of time.

Visited December 2012