“Best in Show”

Cross street: Harmon
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best in Show”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We've tried a few "highly rated" establishments and were underwhelmed. This struck just the right balance. A little pricey (but what isn't in Vegas?) but the ambiance, food & service were delightful.
I wanted to do the tasting menu (which was a fantastic offer) but we were looking to scale back to grazing as best we could after a big day. We shared the beet salad (delectable) and tried the NY strip and the scallops, both beautifully done. The broccolini & mushrooms that accompanied my scallops were to die for (and this coming from a person who struggles to embrace vegetables) and my absolute favorite part of the entire meal. We chose this restaurant specifically because the chef is from Chicago and we were rewarded! Definitely worth a try and if you want to scale back even further, i.e. not over commit (as we often do), dine at the bar instead of the table.

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
“Sage on the Strip”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Service was great and some of the best food in Las Vegas. Makes you want to forget the big name chefs in town. Try the tartare, veal cheeks and scallops. Decent cheese plate for dessert.

• Visited February 2013
san francisco
“Nice place”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our second time
Stil a great restaurant, but not as great as last year
the meat was still great , but the sea bass was just a fried fish, not much
service also not top for a restaurant of this class

Visited February 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Be Prepared to be Ripped Off on the Drinks”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and two of our friends had dinner at Sage at the end of Jan 2013. While the ambience was beautiful and the food was very good (although my hot appetizer came out luke warm), the bar bill and how the staff handled it left a really bad taste in our mouths. My husband ordered a VIRGIN Mary and my friends and I had a total of 4 Hangar One Orange Blossom vodkas (on the rocks). The bar menu listed that drink as $12 per drink (a reasonable price for an upscale restaurant in Vegas). When the bill came, they charged $15 for the VIRGIN Mary and $15 for each of the vodkas.

We questioned the server about the price of the VIRGIN Mary (seemed outrageously excessive for basically spicy tomato juice without any alcohol) she lamely replied that "they make their mix from scratch" and that's why it is so expensive. Seriously. Give me a break! She said she would check with her manager to see what she could do. They deducted the $15 and replaced it with a $9 bottled water charge (I think they didn't have a computer entry for a Virgin Mary and so they didn't know what to charge). We were annoyed by this but just paid the bill. But, on the way out, I double checked the bar menu and sure enough, I was correct in remembering that the vodka was supposed to be $12 per drink (not the $15 per drink we were charged x 4 drinks). I questioned the bartender on the way out as to the apparent discrepancy between printed price and what we were charged and he replied "We charge extra for the ice because we add more vodka." Sorry, but another lame excuse. How many people order vodka "straight up?" Most people order vodka on the rocks. So, if they really do charge $15 for the vodka with ice, then just print the price as $15 so I don't feel like I've gotten the "bait and switch."

So, either they need to change their bar menu prices to accurately reflect what they are actually charging their patrons OR, even worse, they are deliberately charging more for drinks than they should and padding their bills accordingly. Either way, it left a really bad taste in our mouths and we would never return. Tacky, tacky, tacky and shame on them.

By the way, I have lived in the NY area most of my life and have eaten at most of the top restaurants in Manhattan so this is not being written by someone who is shocked by high prices at restaurants. I don't mind paying ( a lot) for what I ordered. I JUST HATE BEING RIPPED OFF - ESPECIALLY BY A RESTAURANT WHOSE STAFF HAS A REAL ATTITUDE.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ALK2013
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Looking for quick dinner, found delightful tasting menu”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

After tracking through massive lobby back and forth to check in, drop off bags, etc... We were dying for dinner. The farm to table concept sounded great to me. I expected good seasonal menu, but did not expect a reasonably priced tasting menu with a knock your socks off wine pairing for $139 per person.

The Brussel sprout salad was bright with bacon smokiness matched perfectly with a French Vouvray. The Kobe tartare was topped with a slow poached egg yolk that stole the show. Grilled octopus was served with a great mix of flavors and textures with crisp apples and crunchy hazelnuts. Scallops and oxtail were a perfect and unexpected surf and turf.

I am not going to belabor every course, but in looking for a quick bite, this wine and food snob fell into a slice of nirvana. Thank you Marcus for thoughtful and attentive service

Highly recommended.