Tripadvisor

OR
Order Online
Ranked #1,853 of 5,818 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 21, 2020

After enjoying happy hour at La Monja, sister restaurant located in the same motel, we settled in a booth at this Japanese robata that was recently opened by chef Don Kromher of Other Mama fame. Our server, whose name I failed to note, guided us through the menu including explanations and recommendations. We started with a trio of $ items off the happy hour menu - skewers, chicken wings and vegetable okonomiyaki. The 3 skewers, chef's choice, included beef, chicken and shishito peppers. All were very good, but the peppers proved to be too spicy for us. We truly enjoyed the crunchy chicken wings and the okonomiyaki (pancake) was amazing. Equally delicious were the 2 items ordered off the regular menu, the daily kimchi which was made with cauliflower and gomae, a Japanese spinach salad with sesame dressing.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed December 31, 2019

I am a big fan of Dan Krohmer's other restaurants, Other Mama and La Monja, and I felt Hatsumi does not quite match that level. Hatsumi focuses on yakitori, which turns out to be a safe choice, offering few surprises. I really enjoyed the chicken skin skewer (one of the cheapest items on the menu, by the way), but overall I expected more

Reviewed December 10, 2019 via mobile

Amazing authentic food freshly prepared. Timing of service spot on. Staff really attentive. Highly recommend the Gyozas. Restrooms immaculate. Would definitely come back. Thank u Hatsumi

Reviewed December 2, 2019

Hatsumi is a great new place in downtown LV. amazing unique dishes. Have an open mind and try many small dishes. We tried a few and enjoyed all of them. Make sure to book a table, since the restaurant isnt very big, and word of mouth is making this a hot spot.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed November 11, 2019

I recently visited this restaurant for the first time for a business meeting. The prices are good for the quality of food, however, the portions are somewhat small. The eggplant Katsu is so yummy as well. I’m not a big tofu lover but their 2 options are super yummy. They only had mochi ice cream in 3 flavors for dessert but I think The waitress said they’re adding a new custom dessert soon. The sake was yummy and the walls have some cool art. This place is located in the arts district of downtown vegas. I’ll go back again and order more food (eggplant).

See my other vegas selections @
LifestyleofMoore.com