“Breathtaking views and mouthwatering dishes”
Review of Voodoo Steak

Voodoo Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Voodoo Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #267 of 5,049 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise
Description: Set on the 50th floor of Rio Las Vegas, VooDoo Steak offers a different approach to your average steakhouse. This Vegas restaurant may not be on the Strip, but it's worth the extra trip, as it sets itself apart with remarkable views and prime steaks and chops. Ideal for romantic, candlelit dinners or big celebrations later in the evening, you'll find the elegant, yet hip space is the hottest off-Strip steakhouse. Come hungry and keep in mind this isn't your average steakhouse. Favorite dishes include lobster bisque, considerably the best in town. The seared foie gras, braised Chilean sea bass, pan-roasted sea scallops and a great selection of dry aged, prime, and Wagyu Beef are other fabulous selections. Vegan selections are also available. The signature drink is the Witch Doctor - and it's literally smokin'. The dry ice potion consists of five rums and fruit juice in a fish bowl-type glass. If this drink doesn't cast a spell on you, we're not sure what will.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted to experience a spectacular view with good food. We found it here! Being from Chicago we wanted something in similarity to the Signature room which Chicago is known for, Voodoo lounge is not the Signature room however it's a great view of the Strip and wonderful food and service! Tony was out waiter and he was fabulous!

We started with the coconut shrimp as an appetizer and it was fabulous! We ordered the Chilean Sea Bass & Pork chop both which were mouth watering! I'm a huge Sea Bass fan and this was by bar the best I'd ever tasted! Juicy & great flavor and tenderness.

While waiting for our food to arrive we stepped out on the balcony and enjoyed the peach sangria which was also very good! The patio does need a nice update but the view is great! Tony came to get us when our food was ready, which was very nice! Definitely a place to try if you would like a view with great view, fabulous service and wonderful food this is the place!!! Enjoy!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

we ate here on the wednesday night of our trip,stunning view of strip from here,food was really nice and drinks did flow alot but was expensive but it was a friends wedding so was a one of, you coulnot eat and drink here every night you'd be skint,glad we came here though stunning location.

1  Thank SHAZZA3
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We decided to splurge for one really nice meal while staying at the Rio. I am scared of heights, but really wanted the birds eye view.

I hail from the part of the country that produces the food everyone else eats, so I am rarely impressed by a steak. But my steak at Voodoo might be the best steak I've ever had. The sides are good, nothing mind-blowing like that steak was . . .

It was weird, we took the elevator up and came out into this plain hallway. We walked by some office doors and came to the hostess desk. We learned later that the normal entrance was closed down for the evening.

No complaints about the service. It was slow, but I'm glad they weren't try to rush us out. The views really are spectacular. Even better after the sun goes down. I was disappointed because the outdoor deck was closed due to wind. Though I guess I didn't want to get blown off!

It was pricey food, but so are lots of places in Vegas. If you for some odd reason find yourself at The Rio, I would recommend Voodoo.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

What a nice experience Voodoo Steakhouse was. We had reservations for 8 but were running late and that was no problem as they weren't particularly crowded--it was midweek. We were seated at a table by the windows facing the strip. I've dined at MIX, Foundation Room, Eiffel Tower and Alize and I think I liked this view about the best. It was nice looking at the strip length ways--not just up or over it.

The waiter Jacinto (I've probably misspelled his name--sorry) was great. Attentive but not overly so. He suggested we take our drinks out to the terrace after we'd ordered. We did and enjoyed the view/drinks/conversation for about 20 mins. When we came back in he brought us our first courses and there was no "hiccup" with the food quality or service in being gone that amount of time.

The food was great--ribeye and king crab for me with a lobster bisque to start. Everything was top quality and cooked perfectly. The bisque had an interesting apple slaw garnish--it was a nice counterbalance.

I think it helped that we were there midweek and fairly late at that. We got there about 8:45 or so and didn't leave until about 11 but that pace was of our doing and included 2 stops out on the terrace. I doubt if we could have gotten away with that on a Saturday night.

Wonderful view, great service and equally good food. I highly recommend.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

There were 6 lads in our group all aged 35 ish and we had our best night in Vegas...

Service was excellent but we were not in any rush and none of us had exacted standards. I asked our waiter a couple of specific questions about the wine and oysters I had chosen and he immediately knew the answers.

The food was very good and I have no complaints. It was however expensive but when paired with the view you have to agree it is worth it. I have no doubt for the money we spent we could have found a better steak in Vegas but that wasn't the point.

The atmosphere was vibrant amd the after party/club was a blast. We certainly made the most of our time there and we all had a great night, it was probably over priced but none of us could have cared less!