“Great views, good service, excellent food. Strongly recommended !”
Review of Voodoo Steak

Voodoo Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Voodoo Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #251 of 4,934 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise
Description: Set on the 50th floor of Rio Las Vegas, VooDoo Steak offers a different approach to your average steakhouse. This Vegas restaurant may not be on the Strip, but it's worth the extra trip, as it sets itself apart with remarkable views and prime steaks and chops. Ideal for romantic, candlelit dinners or big celebrations later in the evening, you'll find the elegant, yet hip space is the hottest off-Strip steakhouse. Come hungry and keep in mind this isn't your average steakhouse. Favorite dishes include lobster bisque, considerably the best in town. The seared foie gras, braised Chilean sea bass, pan-roasted sea scallops and a great selection of dry aged, prime, and Wagyu Beef are other fabulous selections. Vegan selections are also available. The signature drink is the Witch Doctor - and it's literally smokin'. The dry ice potion consists of five rums and fruit juice in a fish bowl-type glass. If this drink doesn't cast a spell on you, we're not sure what will.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I made reservations the night before our trip back to Boston.
I had a family vacation with my wife and teenage kids.
It certainly was the perfect way to say goodbye to Vegas this year.
It was very easy to make a reservation, the hostess and our waiter were incredibly friendly and helpful.
The restaurant is on the 50th floor and the views are great.
The food was just delicious, we ordered petite filet mignon, rib-eye and lamb. Simi Cabernet was the perfect pairing.
We had a wonderful time and will be back.

1  Thank Azulado_01
There are newer reviews for Voodoo Steak

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have eaten at a lot of steak houses over the years but this one is #1 on my food resume now! For starters we had the lobster bisque soup and this is a MUST have!! My gosh it was excellent! My husband had a NY strip and myself a filet. Both were cooked to perfection and were prime quality meat. We had potato puree and truffle mac and cheese for sides to share and they were superb as well. On top of all the great food you get a magnificent view of Vegas on the 50th floor. Just a 5 star experience all the way around. I will be back!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant and were a little disappointed with it.
There was nothing wrong with it - we had a drink at the bar while waiting for our table and then went and had a look at the view from the terrace. All very pleasant. The service was attentive and the food was OK. However, a couple of weeks later, as I write this, I can't remember what I ate which sort of speaks volumes really.

We went up to the club afterwards which was fine, but very crowded. The seating areas were blocked off and we were told by the waitress guarding them that we had a buy a bottle of liquor to sit there. No dance floor to speak of outside either.

So, just a little unmemorable in a city with so many dining / dancing opportunities.

1  Thank Eileen B
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

The hostesses & waiters were polite and friendly as you would always expect in a high class restaurant. However, the food was nothing spectacular. I ordered a salmon & my wife ordered a steak. Both of us didn't finish our food. Now, I won't say the food was bad, just ok. Later, in the evening, I went out to have some supper.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Las Vegas to celebrate his 40th birthday with friends and after dinner went to the Voodoo Rooftop Lounge (located in the Rio hotel). If you’re looking for breathtaking views of the Vegas strip, this is the place to go. It also has a great vibe about it and had a nice range of people (everyone from their 20s to 50s). The music was great-nice mix for all ages.

Tip: After a while it got to be packed outside so don’t be afraid to go inside. You can still get incredible views of the strip, they have another DJ inside (who also plays a great mix of music and genres) and there’s a lot more room!!!