“It's a pawn shop - not Walmart!”

Gold and Silver Pawn Shop
$36.89*
Big Bus Las Vegas Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #90 of 464 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place is located right on South Las Vegas Blvd - the same street that has all the giant hotels and is called "the strip". As you drive North, the hotels thin out and the road narrows and you find yourself in a commercial neighborhood with payday/title loan places, tattoo parlors, small inexpensive restaurants, massage parlors, and pawn shops. The area is a bit run down but not dangerous and there is lots of traffic. There you find the famous pawn shop.

If you like the tv show, you'll like your visit to this place. IT IS NOT TINY - it is a typical pawn shop. It is not a giant box store - I don't know what these reviewers complaining about the size expected.. Some pawn shops are are bigger - some are smaller. Inside it looks exactly like it looks on the show. Parking lot is next door and parking is free if there are any spaces. The store is open 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. It is not open 24 hours despite the signage - I think there is a window only open at night.

The merchandise is not typical of pawn shop fare which is everyday items like TV sets, tools, laptops, cell phones, cameras, etc. - things you'd expect people to pawn or sell when they need money. There is none of that on display here - the items are all the stuff you see on the show - antique guns, samuri swords, a couple of $100,000 antique cars and a big $35,000 motorcycle, Rolex watches, blocks of silver bullion, posters and custom photos of stars and celebrities. There is substantial space dedicated to cheap G&S pawn shop souveniers.

There is no sign of the four "pawn stars". Considering the neighborhood, I find it hard to believe that people just mosey in to sell George Washington's glasses from 1780, a handful of gold dubloons from an ancient shipwreck, or an original script from "Gone with the Wind" like they do every day on the show. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether these "sales" are routinely staged. The place is a very popular tourist trap - get there early or you'll stand in line.

3  Thank emptynestin

Reviewed September 12, 2013

So I am big fan of the Pawn Stars show. I waited in the long line and when we got inside it was so small, there was not a lot of things for sale beyond watches and old jewelry. Some stuff from the show was for sale but extremely over priced. Also the cast was nowhere to be found. I understand that since they are now famous that it would probably be hard to do regular business if they were on the floor all the time. It was announced that filming was going to start and the store cleared. I had my gold card on me and I am sure if given mire time and the opportunity to meet Pops (my favorite person on TV) I would have bought something. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed September 10, 2013

lots of cool stuff to look at and buy. I wish I had brought something from home to pawn. just to say i did LOL

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was really excited to see the place, and did my research ahead of time. Since the show took off, I didn't expect to see the castmembers, and I was also warned of the size. Once again- it is much smaller than it appears on TV. Thanks to mirrors and creative editing- they make it look huge! But at any rate, it was really cool to see the store inside and there's plenty of interesting things to check out. They had a Green Bay Packers Superbowl emblem on a necklace, you know what I'd go back and buy if I struck it rich!! I wouldn't wait in line to get in, we stopped by within an hour of closing on our way back from Freemont, and we were the only people in the place!

1  Thank bribraaaa
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stopped in the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop. Was a tad dissapointed. Glad we didnt have to wait on line, or I would have been VERY dissapointed.
No "stars" just regular employees. Nothing much to buy, just over-priced "as seen on" items.
I think they are making all their money on VIP tours and Chumlee merchandise. Got some cool pics, but all in all not a tourist destination.

2  Thank bleweyz39