“A trip down memory lane”

Brian Hoffman's Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton
More attraction details
Owner description: The newly revised show for 2014 takes Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton to a whole new level. Brian's expert portrayal of Red Skelton has brought to life more pantomimes, skits and one man routines that truly capture Red Skelton's persona. Laugh with Clem Kadiddlehopper, giggle with Gertrude and Heathcliffe, feel the love of Freddy the Freeloader. Add a little "Guzzlers Gin" and you'll be Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton, America's favorite clown prince.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I grew up watching Red Skelton shows as a kid and have seen many of his movie appearances over the years. I saw Brian's performance on a recent trip to the US from Australia, and it was like a trip into my memory banks. He does an execllent rendition of the spirit and essence of this great and versatile actor, as well as giving an insight into Red Skelton's personal character. It is a 'must see' on the bucket list for any Red Skelton fan. Thanks for the memories Brian - Ray 'Red' Skelton (a distant relative).

1  Thank RaySkelton
RedSkelton, Owner at Brian Hoffman's Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Hello Ray Skelton,

I want to thank you for coming from Australia to see my tribute to Red,...your distant relative.

Glad to hear you think this is a "must see" for Red Skelton fans.

till we meet again, "Goodnight now and may God bless"

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I saw Brian Hoffman in March, 2012 (which is posted here). We said we would come back, and we did. Sorry we waited over one year. Brian, this is more an open letter to you, which just happens to be posted on TripAdvisor...We cannot believe you remembered us. Your living tribute to Red Skelton still deserves a spot on the History Channel. I sat in front of the black and white TV watching Red - back then. You must have bought the TV series on DVD, and studied hard, to get Red's mannerisms down pat...the giggles during and between jokes, the looking down at your left hand while thumbing your fingers, the slightly crossed eyes, your immediate response (and sometimes adjustment to interruptions from) the "live audience", are all signature "Red" (Sorry folks if you do not remember LIVE TELEVISION). If Brian's tribute to Red, his knowledge of and brief history of Red, combined with a reinactment of Red's live TV explanation of the 'Pledge of Allegience' does not touch your heart...then you don't have one. See you again, and soon, Brian.

1  Thank Don M

Hello Don M,

I was honored to have you attend my show for a second time.

That is the best compliment I could ever get.

till we meet again,

Reviewed May 30, 2013

As someone who remembers Red Skelton's TV show I enjoyed seeing some of my favorite characters come to life again. While the material might be seen as "dated" by some people, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. The jokes and impersonations were spot-on. Not only is this good entertainment for people "of a certain age", as a clean show with Red's timeless humor, this is also a good show for families.

1  Thank jennilieu

Hello Jennilieu,

Refreshing to hear that the dated material is exactly what you came to see.

Glad to hear you wouldn't want it any other way and neither do I.

Wishing you continued success in all you do

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I saw Brian's performance last Friday evening, and it was just fantastic! He looks like him, he sounds like him, and he just makes you smile. No one should ever forget Red Skelton, he was an American Icon, a patriot, an actor, and quite a performer. I am very glad that Brian is doing this tribute to him. We need more people like Brian in this world today. It would be a much, much nicer place to be. I will go and see this act again when I am in Las Vegas, any day, any time. :)

Hello Lori064,

Thank you for coming to see my tribute to Red and feeling the world needs more patriotic people, like Red Skelton was.

Nice to hear that you will attend my show anytime, anywhere.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I don't think most people will remember Red Skelton these days.
I vaguely remember him from when I was a kid.
Some of the show was funny but dated.
Better going to see ABSINTHE at Caesars Palace. Went there twice and loved it.
Crude but good !

Hello Jamsey,

Thank you for attending my show and expressing your thoughts. So sorry to hear it wasn't for you. We don't get very many visitors from the UK since most folks from there don't know who Red was, even though he played there in the 40's.

If you like rude, crude and offensive humor ( as in Absinthe) then this was not the show for you since Red didn't believe in that type of humor and would take that time at the end of his show and apologize for anything he may have said or done to offend anyone.

Thank you for letting people know the show was funny but dated. (of course it is dated, it's Red's material from the 30's through the 80's)

Wishing you continued success in all you do,
Brian Hoffman ~ Red Skelton Impersonator

Travelers who viewed Brian Hoffman's Remembering Red - A Tribute to Red Skelton also viewed