“Enjoyable Hilton Property”

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #21 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had a three night stay at this property and overall really enjoyed it. I asked about upgrading my room at check-in and was able to do so for a slight rate premium. I got a one bedroom suite on the 53rd floor. The room was very nice and clean. The king sized bed was very comfortable. Great view of the Vegas strip!

Overall the resort was well maintained. It had a nice pool area with plenty of deck chairs. The staff was courteous but not especially friendly. There is no casino at this property, which I liked. The property was much quieter at night! However if you are coming to Vegas for a 'blowout' this property might not be the best fit.

Since the Elara is connected to the Miracle Mile shopping plaza, there are lots of dining and retail options. Plus you are close to the strip and are a short cab ride to the airport. I liked the location.

The only minus is that this is designated as a Hilton vacation ownership property, so be aware that it is likely at some point you will be approached about fractional hotel ownership aka a timeshare. So if you consider that a huge turnoff, you might want to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask if you can upgrade during check-in. It may cost you a few dollars more, but I found it worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I'm HHonors Gold Member over 5 years, after 15 years of traveling 2 times a week have to say that 'Elera Hilton Grand Vacations' is the lowest quality Hilton hotel that I have ever been to all around the world...

-Super strong sewage smell all over the hotel
-Very dirty elevators
-The room was all oily (hands marks) (same thing after I changed my room)
-Brown marks on the towels
-Very noisy (security don't care after asking them to take care of it)
-Super rude staff & security
-Super unprofessional supervisors (Don't care about anything just gives you this stu... smile)
-Electric curtains buttons not working (had to be in the dark the entire stay)
-Much more...

this stay made me so uncomfortable that I am thinking give away my HHonors status away for good ...
I know this might sound to extreme but I contacted 'Hilton Hotels Customer Service' and I all I got in return is "We re sorry" nothing more, not we will make sure it all will be fixed nothing ...
now you decide if you wanna be in a program that doesn't care about anything ...

Please change the hotel name to 'Elera Hilton Low Vacations' it sounds more like it

super disappointed and i still don't understand why the place that should feel like home make you suffer and hurts..

Final word: Hell !!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money, health, time on this hotel
12  Thank Ethan N
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations. I understand that from time to time issues will arise but it is important to me with how we react to correct the issue and ensure that our guests enjoy their time here with us. I am disappointed that your stay was not a positive one and I do hope that you provide Hilton with another opportunity. I can be reached at sarent@hgvc.com if you would like to discuss this further as well.

Stephen J. Arent
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Here's a hotel that you should definitely not pass on. Ideal mid-strip location. Just off the strip but not far enough to be an issue. Great pool, great rooms and great Starbucks.
No free WiFi in the room which was a disappointment. Staff were accommodating and we weren't pressured to see a time share presentation, which my girl friend was worried about.
Beats the Luxor and Flamingo I stayed at before!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve W
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Had a great time in Vegas, nice hotel, close to everything we needed. Great pool and room. Room had a great view of area. Hilton hotel beds are always great and the room was roomy and everything worked well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
3  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed June 22, 2014

we had a group stay for a conference. the hotel is very business friendly and good for a family. A few people brought their family and really enjoyed the pool area and proximity of restaurants. Walking distance to the Bellagio. Rooms are large and comfortable

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
1  Thank jerryj179
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I recently stayed twice at this hotel about 6 weeks apart. The first time, I was in a standard guest room. The second I had a 1 bedroom suite. Both rooms were nice, but the 1 bedroom was definitely spacious and had a few extra features that were cool. One bedroom suites had a whirlpool tub in addition to the shower, a washer/dryer, and a projector TV that shines onto the automated window blinds. It also had a full size fridge (with in door filtered water), stovetop, and dishwasher.

The hotel is an easy and fast walk away from all of the City Center, Cosmopolitan, Bellagio, Paris, and Planet Hollywood casinos. The first stay was for a conference at the Cosmopolitan and I saved over $100/night by staying here and it wasn't inconvenient at all. In addition, since this hotel doesn't have a club, it was much quieter to sleep at! A quick walk through the attached Miracle Mile shops and you are on the strip. If you rent a car or drive to Vegas, parking is free in the attached Miracle Mile shops ramp. I was able to find a spot fairly easily in the ramp but it does get pretty busy in the middle of the day especially approaching the weekend. The hotel does not have a resort charge, which saves about $20-25 a night over some of the other casinos. You do have to pay for internet, though unless you are there for a convention and book through the convention (I got free internet the second visit).

The hotel has a security guard who scans room keys to keep random people out of the halls, which I really liked. The pool is really nice and has cabanas to get some shade for a while. The music was loud, which is typical in Vegas... If you are a person who likes the energy of Vegas but wants to get some good sleep or get away from it after a certain point, this hotel is a great place to do that! I would definitely stay here again!

5  Thank Jumbo789
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I loved the position of this non casino hotel. Middle of strip and leading onto miracle mile shops. We went to lots of casinos and loved coming back to this peaceful hotel. Close enough to action but quiet enough to relax. Staff were great, I loved being able to make tea or coffee in my room. Bed comfortable and clean. Quiet room on floor 15.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple