WINNER WONDERLAND

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #22 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Fabulous room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We checked in here after a long drive from Yosemite. Unfortunately, I had left my ID in my bag which I had left with the porters at the valet car parking. When I tried to check in, I was told I couldn't without ID, which is fair enough. However; I explained the situation and asked if the receptionist could phone the porter to bring my bag to reception (I had the number), I was flatly refused and told that I had to go back to the car park to get my bag (which was on a different floor). My wife did not look forward to this but we managed to check in with her ID after some negotiation.

The room itself was very good and comfortable.

My wife then tried to get change for a note she withdrew from the hotel cash machine in the reception. She was told to go to Planet Hollywood.

The check out process, in contrast, was very efficient and the receptionist was very friendly.

In summary, a hotel which is well placed and comfortable. I normally enjoy staying in Hiltons (I have Diamond Frequent Stay membership) but was put off, on this occasion, by the service.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 350doc
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you left your wallet in your car at check in and had to provide another option for us. We do have strict procedures when it comes to verifying ID’s and the handling of such private information. We have these in place to make sure we are protecting yourself and our other guests against things like fraud. I am glad to have read that your room was comfortable and your check out was a positive experience.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,402)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have a studio room for 2 with king bed on the 28 floor, flat screen tv and microwave kitchen. The large window overlooks part of the Las Vegas strip view. The hotel is within walking distance off the strip. Overall, it's a good and comfortable facility and we would recommend it to all our friends and family.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

1 Thank Suthai A
Columbus, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I'm a platinum with Marriott and a silver with Hilton. I travel a lot. This is my only negative review in 30+ years of traveling. HGV called me several times after 11:30pm before my trip. I said it was to late to be calling. I was told that I have to understand HGV is on west coast time. I received my confirmation e-mails in Japanese. Prior to arrival I was told, not asked, that my tour appointment was being changed from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Therefore, I had to change my itinerary to meet yours. It took 29 minutes to be spoken to for check in. When asking the clerk for restaurant (dinner) information I was told to come back at 9:00am and talk to the Concierge. Upon exiting the elevator (23rd floor) it smelled like spoiled milk. The room (2318) was smaller than a Residence Inn standard room. The soap dish had soap scum from the previous occupant. The room didn't have tissues for two days. The trash cans were not emptied twice. I filled the bathtub with warm water, got in, turned on the jets, and they blew out chunks of black mold. I was bussed from the Elara to another hotel for my tour. This felt like bait and switch. My tour guide was outstanding. If we were in Columbus, Ohio I would have stolen her away and made her one of my sales reps. I had such a bad experience that there was no way I would become an owner of a Hilton Grand Vacations package. Marriott will stay my primary hotel. However, I am thinking of moving Hilton from my secondary to third place (swapping with Hyatt.) I did not feel the Elara was an elite hotel. It was not a Grand Vacation. I felt that the Elara was a low end (Marriott Residence Inn) business hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

8 Thank James C
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am glad that your salesperson did such an amazing job! I will definitely pass along the positive comments to our team so that we can recognize her. I apologize that your tour time was changed and that the change caused you to not make the most out of your vacation time. I will speak to my Housekeeping team regarding the odor on your floor as we do have Floor Managers that should be taking care of any issues like this. I am also going to have my Engineering team take a look at the Jacuzzi to discover what the issue was with the jets.

Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is not one of the most "famous" Vegas hotels but it's wonderful.
Located on the strip, it is a new hotel (since 2009) with about 45 floors.

Rooms are large and comfortable, everything was very clean, friendly staff and overall good atmosphere.
it is also very reasonably priced (I paid $140/night and got a very high value for my money).

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors - there is a great view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sooke
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

All the staff was excellent. The location is perfect as it is in the middle of the strip but not in a casino. Very nice lobby. The rooms are okay though they are getting a little tired. Lots of scuffs and marks on the furniture. Well used for sure and the hallways are dark and dirty. Our jacuzzi tub was broken and the hotel ran out of hot water during our stay as well which was a disappointment. Having to pay extra for wifi is annoying. I was told when making my reservation that there was complementary Starbucks which was not true. We were there for 5 days but the pool was closed all but one. One of the more off putting parts of the experience was getting transferred to a high pressure time share sales pitch following my reservation. That alone has put me off Hilton brand. All in all, there is potential for an excellent experience though I am not sure I would risk it again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate the kind words regarding our team as they work extremely hard to provide the best experience possible for our guests. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with your room and that you were told you would receive complimentary Starbucks. I will be sharing your comments with my Sales team regarding your experience and I appreciate your comments.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Almost every hotel in Las Vegas is located pass a casino, so the crowds are often in every corner and the noises of the slot machines, aside of the tourism hours, could reveal to be annoying. So, comes Elara hotel as a great option to be either very near to the Strip (it connects to the Miracle Mile shopping mall and Planet Hollywood), but also calm, without casinos and, as so, the crowds. It has a 24/7 Starbucks in the lobby (great finding to jet-laggers), and good access to taxis, rental companies, etc. Our room was located in the 26th floor, with great views. Better options invlude rooms up to 50th plus floors. We definitely recommend it!

1 Thank ArthurMombach
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Asked for a room with a view..as it was our 10th wedding anniversary and it surpassed all my expectations !!! Jacuzzi in bedroom, huge walk in shower...fab dining area..massive lounge..Also great pool area with lush cabanas..and lovely bar area..what more could you want ...all staff encountered were extremely helpful .Would most definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family