New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #23 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Best Hotel In Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I have read some of the negative reviews on here about the Elara and I can honestly say my experience couldn't be further from them. From the moment you walk into the Elara it has a different feel to the other hotels in Vegas because it does not have a casino of its own. Therefore there is no through traffic and there is much more of a relaxed atmosphere. The reception staff were extremely helpful and the check in process was swift. We were then pleasantly surprised that when we moved to the elevators where there was a member of staff swiping key cards to ensure that you were actually a resident. This filled us with confidence that no undesirables would be around. When we entered the room it most certainly had the wow factor. We upgraded to a 1 bedroom king suite and requested a high floor. We got the 56th floor which is one of the newly renovated floors since Hilton took over the property from Westgate. The rooms were huge with excellent facilities and were tastefully decorated. The view of the strip, red rock canyon and the fountains of the Bellagio were outstanding. Housekeeping did everything that were required of them and if those who complained about towels and sheets not being changed observed what they were required to do to facilitate this, then housekeeping would not need to look into their crystal balls! The pool was a very pleasant sanctuary where the poolside service was excellent. All in all, after staying in various hotels on the strip including the Bellagio, I can honestly say the Elara wins hands down so much so that we are looking to rebook next year.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Coxy231

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Fab location, amazing view from our high floor one bed suite, great value for the size and location of the rooms - couldn't have asked for more... Right in the miracle mile shopping mall which links Elara to Planet Hollywood and across the street from the Bellaglo for casinos, bars and restaurants (you must try Gordon Ramseys Burgr in PH)

Room Tip: Request a high level room with strip view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ZoeH22
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

well, while reading what a member in june 2013 wrote i could not believe it. we all had spacious clean jr. suites. we were on the 52nd floor. security check by the elevators was perfect. elevators go up very fast. thank you Terry at the reception desk! he was very helpful, friendly. an asset to the hotel staff! the view was outrageous! location was super. on the first level you can walk directly into the miracle mile mall. this mall is worth going into. all kinds of shops and restaurants. you can walk through from the lobby and come out at the end in front of the bellagio hotel (the strip). by the way...we were glad to have chosen this hotel because of the fact that there was no casino downstairs avoiding the sounds of the hussel and bussel from hundreds of people.. better for sweet dreams. rooms exactly like in hotel internet pictures. but we are also hilton hotel fans. never went wrong with hilton!

let me go back...friendly reception. CLEAN rooms with a jaccusi tub (awesome for relaxarion) CLEAN halls, NEW hotel. what else can you ask for. price was very good.

Room Tip: anyone...is good...we had 4 rooms and each was perfect!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been a HHs member for the past 30 ys so I'm a pick Hilton guest. Check in was expidited because of my membership, but I could see several frustrated folks in the regular guest line. I loved the property location, size and rooms. Especially those on the upper half of the tower. Rooms are well designed, decorated and large. Our experience was marginally disappointing only because we 1st arrived to a dirty room that was poorly cleaned. Housekeeping mgmt was quick to respond and reassigned us another room. It was inconvient, but we didn't let it dampen our day. Loved the convinces of the hotel being adjoined to the Planet Hollywood shopping center. Overall the hotel is nice but Hilton mgmt needs to give the property a little TLC since the finishing materials are of low quality; it's starting to show signs of aging...ie: mirror molding in the elevators are falling off, light fixtures and furnature our room was dinged and chipped. Understanding that the Hilton just took over this property i'm hoping they will give it the attention it needs to assure that guest like me have no desire to stay elsewhere.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LivingHappy
Clonmel, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Let me start by saying if every Hilton would look that way I wouldn't be a member HHonors. Let's start with good points, great location, no casino so quiet, good size of rooms although the highest floor have bigger rooms as we have been moved during our stay so we saw big difference in size even though room was same type -1 bedroom suite. Internet quiet good and not so expensive 39.99 $ per week.
Now reality check, first and worst for me lack of any housekeeping -change towels is not enough to call it housekeeping, ok they put dirty dishes in dishwasher but left shower totally dirty old empty bottles lying around, no hoover at all during 11 days of our stay, everything was dusty I really didn't feel comfortable there. And the best of all, housekeeper knocker once quietly we didn't hear they didn't even try get in but instead left a message :SORRY WE MISSED YOU IF YOU NEED ANYTHING CHANGE CONTACT HOUSEKEEPING. What that suppose to be?? I work in housekeeping myself many years ago and let me tell you even if you missed guest you don't just walked away and leave dirty room behind!!! That is just poor laziness. Horrible service. Everything is very dated there. So many better hotels out there. As I mention before it's no casino which I liked when I booked it but I didn't realise it will be nothing else there, tiny pool and small bar in front of it and Starbucks coffee that's al that hotel have to offer.Thank God for miracle mile shops next door as that was the only entertainment.
After not nice experience I went to check out, regulate my balance (internet and phone calls)by cash and when I back home I realise that they charge me same amount on my card. So now after all that I have to sort out this with them.I call today but people responsible for it are in tomorrow so I have to call again. Person paying for all that will be me of course and let me tell you calling America from Ireland isn't cheap. Totally wrong experience and not happy at all. Thanks to other Hilton for leaving me such a good impressions cause otherwise I would never back to Hilton hotel after that stay.

Room Tip: definitely go higher floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank maggiedino
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with me and I apologize that you had experienced problems with our Housekeeping team. They do have a detailed checklist on what to cover when servicing a room and it definitely appears that items were overlooked. We do leave voicemail messages on rooms where there is a do not disturb on as we make sure we respect our guest’s privacy. We do not have any restaurant on property but we do offer Room Service as well as a pool bar and grill that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The addition of Starbucks has been a welcomed amenity to our guests looking to get a jump start on the day. I apologize that your bill was not settled appropriately and that you had to call back to ensure that it was handled correctly. This should have never taken place and I will follow up to ensure that your experience is shared with the team on how mistakes can effect someone’s valuable vacation time.

Stephen Arent
Assistant General Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We were booked into a studio room and on check in requested a room on a high floor, and which was no problem and the check in was fast friendly and efficient.
To get to the
you hand your room key to security who swipe in in a machine to check valid, I see this as a positive step to ensure occupants safety and the people were always friendly and helpful.
Our room was on the 50th floor and was a good size and also had a kitchenette with sink, dishwasher, combi oven and fridge great for keeping your beer and wine cold.
The view was spectacular as the room had floor to ceiling glass and looked out towards MGM/airport /mountains an electronic blind closed out the light and acted as a blackout blinds.
Good bathroom with separate toilet and great sized bed.
Our room service was faultless the towels replaced as required and folded everyday. the room was spotless any cups or glasses used were put in the dishwasher an the program run!
We had an issue with our electronic blind on arrival, please but a call to reception had this sorted within an hour by a great maintenance guy who also gave us some great tips on what to do and even on making sure we were happy with his work.
Good pool with plenty of space.
Hotel in in a great location attached to the miracle mile shopping centre and accessories to planet Hollywood casino.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank iprodrick
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Elara Hilton is located one block off of the strip, connected to the Miracle Mile Mall and Planet Hollywood. We stayed on the "54th" floor, though in reality is 44th but the hotel does not have any numbered floors in the 40's due to Asian culture superstition, so I was told by an employee.

Upon entering the property via the valet entrance, which is one grade below ground level, we were greeted warmly by valet/bell staff, who remained friendly throughout our four night stay. You enter through lower lobby entrance and take an escalator up to the check-in/main lobby area. At the time of our arrival there was no delay (Sunday at 4pm) and was immediately assisted at the HHonors section of the front desk. Prior to going to the desk a Hotel Employee tried to convince me to proceed to the timeshare desk to secure information on the property and to also secure a 500 point bonus for my HHonors account. Not needing to hear a timeshare sales pitch, or in need of 500 points, I declined and they did NOT interfere with my stay one time. By the way, the lobby looked completely boring and has absolutely no interesting decor and/or color. It was completely sterile looking and may be the most boring lobby I've witnessed, which is saying something.

At check-in, the front desk agent, Ray, was very friendly and seemingly enjoyed his job. The only downside to this check-in experience was he did not acknowledge my HHonors Diamond status, nor explain anything about any amenity the property may have had. Upon arriving at my "Premiere Suite", which was two bedroom, I was pleasantly surprised with the room decor and view, which was looking over to the MGM and the airport. The colors of the rooms were quite masculine, red/black/white. The room had sufficient furniture and was very comfortable with above average bedding comfort. The best part of the room was the use of the 8' projection TV which projects directly onto the living room window shade, when deployed in the down position. Each bedroom had a jacuzzi, one a single person jacuzzi, another with a party jacuzzi.

Room service was ok, perhaps a bit better than most hotel food outlets. Please know that if you want food, you MUST order through room service because there is NOT an on-site restaurant, other than Starbucks and some minor foods at the pool bar and lobby bar. The rooms does have a full kitchen so you may utilize that amenity, which also includes a dishwasher and full refrigerator/freezer.

The only negative issue I experienced during my four night stay was the poor housekeeping. It seems they took the shortcuts at every opportunity they could. On my last night, I had to ask housekeeping to throw away the empty McDonald's bags/hamburger boxes which didn't fit in the garbage cans as they left them in the room for two days, and also had to ask them to run the vacuum in each room as this was not done the prior days either. The in-room bathroom amenities were not replenished except when I asked for them to be, which is really unacceptable but not necessarily an issue which would preclude me from staying here.

If you are seeking a well located hotel that does not possess an on-site casino, then this property would be a good selection. The room rates are not bad, and the connection to the Miracle Mile Mall and Planet Hollywood are convenient. This property is one block from the Strip, across from City Center and is about 15 minute drive to airport. Just know it is a Timeshare, not a hotel, so do not expect the same amenities, such as food outlet choices, etc.

Room Tip: choose a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business