We choose this hotel because it is central on the strip and the absence of a casino suggested it may be more family friendly. We were not wrong on either count.
We had a one bedroom suite which had a fully equipped kitchen and a large living room. The living room had a sectional that opened up to a hide-away bed which our son used during our stay. As hideaway beds go this was a good one and even I found it to be comfortable. The kitchen was useful for us as we could prepare our own meals (particularly breakfast) if we wanted to. We had a car during our stay so we stopped at a grocery store to get supplies for the room, worked really well for us. If, however, you had no car there are limited opportunities to get groceries on the strip, with drug stores being the only options, so I am not sure how useful the kitchen would be in those circumstances.
- Central location on the strip, easy walking distance to most strip attractions.
- No casino, therefore no smell of cigarettes every time you enter and leave the hotel.
- Very efficient valet parking (recommend this at $15 per day) saves the hassle of self parking in a very busy multi-storey parking lot.
- Pedestrian access is through the miracle mile shops
- Nice room, good beds, and plenty of space in the one bedroom suite
The Not so good:
- Rooms were not well cleaned. There was dust everywhere, and we had to clean the drawers, shelfs etc before we could put clothes away. The rooms were not dusted during our stay.
- The shower was mouldy. The shower door closes tightly and so the stall never gets a chance to dry out, smells of mould. We bought some cleaner to resolve this. Shows a lack of attention to detail. Poor housekeeping overall.
- This is a central strip hotel and is popular with younger adults enjoying the "Vegas" experience. Some drunkenness and resulting noise is to be expected. At the weekend the volume goes up and we were woken a few times on Friday night by late night partying in the adjacent room.
Overall we had a good time at this hotel, as did our son. It is a good strip location if you are using it as a base to explore beyond the strip and the valet parking is good. Be warned that your GPS may not recognize the Elara name, but input the address and things will be fine. No plans to return here, but it is an option worth considering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the most desirable location in Las Vegas, Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations provides an unrivaled resort setting. Towering over the center of the Las Vegas strip, the sleek 52-story tower is adjacent to the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino complex and offers adjoining access to the 170+ shops and restaurants in the Miracle Mile. Just across the street, find the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and City Center to experience the best of Las Vegas. The hotel is also conveniently located to the I-15 freeway and only four miles from McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas Executive Air Terminal and Signature Flight Support. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Towers Hotel Las Vegas