“Good design, value, location, but the little things...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #24 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Brooklyn, New York
“Good design, value, location, but the little things...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

The room was very comfortable, the bed heavenly, the bathroom spacious. But the hotel is located behind Planet Hollywood and the Miracle Mile shopping complex, meaning that to get to/from your hotel you've got to schlep through a huge shopping mall, a bit confusing the first couple times you do it. Also, we were there during the EDC so the hotel was packed with kids who were completely off their faces. This caused security to have us scan our room keys every time we wanted to use the elevators. The room service was very quick, which was an added bonus on a sleepy Sunday departure in Vegas. However, 10am check-out in Vegas? Give me a break.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, that way you won't be facing a parking garage.
2 Thank SnoobyGreenberg
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for the feedback and I am happy to have read that your room was comfortable and we have been receiving just rave reviews on our beds! EDC is probably one of the most interesting weekends of the year however we do check everyone’s keys on a daily basis so this was not a procedure that we did just for that special weekend. We implemented this procedure to ensure that only our registered guests have access to our Resort’s amenities. 10 am is our posted check out time and there are occasions where we make exceptions when the Resort is not full. It is an hour earlier than the majority of Strip properties but we have this in place due to the fact that our rooms are so large and most come with a full kitchen and Jacuzzi tub. We also guarantee your room is ready at 4pm where other properties might not have the same policy.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Excellent facility, service, and location. Staff was very helpful and the location is prime for restaurants and proximity to all activities. The hotel is centrally located to the strip and parking is not much of a hassle. It does not have casinos, which is a positive when trying to just get to your hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

2 Thank ormondfolks
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I spent five days there this summer. Overall the hotel is really nice. Non-smoking room, rooms were very private (meaning you can't hear your neighbors TV or other going-ons), the bigger room with the projector was awesome, nicely decorated and the full kitchen was great. I loved the smart room concept. Room service was awesome as well! Best room service response I have ever experienced. They always delivered our food earlier then expected. I liked having a security officer checking room keys before we got on the elevators. Cleanliness was really good in the lobby and common areas. The gift shop workers were also very nice. The pool was real nice as well.
Now for the not so good stuff-There were a couple of times that we hailed our own taxi because the valet guys were busy with their own conversations. Not a real big deal but I thought it was interesting. They don't allow outside food or drink in the pool area. He didn't make me throw my water out but warned me not to take it out of my purse. Really? It was 105 degrees that day. There was one day that our room didn't get serviced at all. We were gone for most of the day and we made sure that the service room light was on. When we called to see if we could just get more towels, it was more then an hour from the time we called until they showed up with the towels. The next day we stayed in the room the whole day and they called and knocked on the door consistently even after being told we didn't need it. It was inconsistent. Lastly, I asked the concierge for restaurant recommendations for our anniversary dinner. I told her I was looking for a nice quiet romantic table and didn't want to get dressed up. She referred me to STK at the Cosmopolitian and said they had a view of the strip. I made the reservation and was very excited to surprise my husband. We got there and this was a bar/restaurant with open seating. No quiet tables as everyone is pretty much sitting together and they also had no view of the strip. Luckly the waiter of all people saved our day and walked us over to a neighboring restaurant that was much quieter and exactly what we are looking for and snuck us in with no reservations.
Overall, would I stay there again, because my major sticking points for a hotel were all met. I probably wouldn't ask the concierge for any recommendations. Being attached to a mall doesn't hurt either.

2 Thank April C
Kearney, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

As a new member of the Hilton Grand Vacations Club, we chose this hotel for a quick get away. Friendly staff, courteous valet, great location. Rooms are definitely in need of an update and the hallways of this hotel are dark and gloomy. Excellent views from the room of the city. The pool and cabana area is lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have the best views of Las Vegas at night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 730Colleen149
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments and an even bigger thank you for choosing to invest in an ownership with us. I appreciate the kind words regarding our staff as we spend a great deal of time role playing and developing our team. We are addressing your concerns regarding the condition of the rooms with our renovation project. As of today we have 4 floors that are now complete and we have gone to a different color scheme that will enhance the great features the rooms already have. Another exciting project that will be completed by the July 4th weekend is a full service Starbucks we are constructing in our main lobby. The store will be open in true Las Vegas fashion, 24/7, and we cannot wait to offer this great product to our Owners/ Guests.

Motherwell
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I hate giving bad reviews, especially as there were things about this hotel that I really liked. I liked the location, practically on top of the miracle mile - a short walk to the strip through the mile which was fun. I liked the projector in the room, I actually liked the room in general! However I was really disappointed by some things that in my eyes, ruined the experience for me.

First of all, the room was disgusting when we first got there. Dirt, stains, smells - it was horrendous. you could see spills down the walls, which were sticky and nasty, the same stains or spillage was visible on all of the furnishes, which were black - so it stood out.

Dirt caked the windows, from the floor up, Standing next to the window - you would literally leave footprints in the dirt, and that's not exaggerated!. Next, the shower - this was so bad, that the drain was blocked full of hair visibly sticking out of the plughole. if you ran the shower for a few minutes, you'd find someone else's hair and skin floating around your feet, pleasant! So we complained..

we spoke to some uninterested, sarcastic lady at reception who got "Engineering" to look at our shower, scotty? - and promised house-keeping would visit and clean the room. We got back that night and right enough - the "engineer" removed the hair from the drain and house keeping attended, but had merely made the bed and changed towels. Thanks for that! The room was still a s*ithole. We complained again and were told they would clean it....... They didn't.

Being Scottish we did what any Scot would do.. We stopped complaining and got drunk, had a great time and refused to let it bother us. I liked Vegas, if the room had been cleaner and had reception exhibited a single shred of interest in keeping us happy, and sanitary i'd have left a much better review.. Stay somewhere better - this hotel may be owned by Hilton, but excuse the pun when I say. "It's no Hilton..."

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ryanscotland
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I apologize that you were not impresses with our Resort. I am embarrassed that there were so many deficiencies from a cleanliness standpoint and I have addressed this with our Housekeeping Manager. Our Housekeepers have a detailed checklist of what needs to be completed and obviously this was not adhered to. I will be following up with my Guest Services team as well to ensure that we respond appropriately to all guest complaints so they are handled in a professional and caring manner to ensure that the issue was handled to exceed our guest’s expectations.

Omaha
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I chose this hotel as I had had very good experiences at the other Hilton Grand Vacation properties. BIG MISTAKE. The valet had a permanent "valet full" sign posted -- at least 6 cars in front of me, unloading and being parked however only ONE valet who, after parking numerous vehicles prior to mine -- as I said -- in the "valet full" lot -- informed me I would have to go to "self park" -- after a 6 hour plane flight and navigating LVS with a rental car I ended up on Level 5 of the "self-park" and had to drag bags a block to find the lobby.
After being given my room, (no offer of help with the luggage) I arrived to find a letter from the manager informing me NOT to raise my shades if I wanted privacy from the window washers(!!)

It was like solitary confinement -- and I wondered if that was the REAL reason given all the security. Regardless, next morning, NO shampoo -- called for that. Then, NO coffee CUPS, called for that....they did brings the items quickly, but one had to wonder if they were expecting to rent the room considering the circumstances. When they asked if they could do anything else, I asked if I could have tea instead of coffee -- NO, that was room service. Whole thing was a real pain. I guess they were doing me a favor by letting me stay there -- albeit, I did PAY for the room. My advise -- GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank JMWOmaha
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and I apologize that you did not have a great experience with us. We do clean the exterior of our windows twice a year and we place a letter in the rooms where they will be cleaning. I do apologize that your room was not set up with the appropriate items but I am glad that they were able to respond appropriately. We do have a limited amount of spaces in our valet area and I apologize that we were not able to assist you with your valet needs.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Beautiful rooms and the staff is great. It located in the planet Hollywood MM shops. The location is perfect, and there are no resort fees!! The bed was comfortable, the suite was spacious and the view was awesome! We will be staying there next year.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends