“Could have been better - Elara”

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #22 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Kearney, Nebraska
“Could have been better - Elara”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

As a new member of the Hilton Grand Vacations Club, we chose this hotel for a quick get away. Friendly staff, courteous valet, great location. Rooms are definitely in need of an update and the hallways of this hotel are dark and gloomy. Excellent views from the room of the city. The pool and cabana area is lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have the best views of Las Vegas at night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 730Colleen149
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments and an even bigger thank you for choosing to invest in an ownership with us. I appreciate the kind words regarding our staff as we spend a great deal of time role playing and developing our team. We are addressing your concerns regarding the condition of the rooms with our renovation project. As of today we have 4 floors that are now complete and we have gone to a different color scheme that will enhance the great features the rooms already have. Another exciting project that will be completed by the July 4th weekend is a full service Starbucks we are constructing in our main lobby. The store will be open in true Las Vegas fashion, 24/7, and we cannot wait to offer this great product to our Owners/ Guests.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,526)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Motherwell
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I hate giving bad reviews, especially as there were things about this hotel that I really liked. I liked the location, practically on top of the miracle mile - a short walk to the strip through the mile which was fun. I liked the projector in the room, I actually liked the room in general! However I was really disappointed by some things that in my eyes, ruined the experience for me.

First of all, the room was disgusting when we first got there. Dirt, stains, smells - it was horrendous. you could see spills down the walls, which were sticky and nasty, the same stains or spillage was visible on all of the furnishes, which were black - so it stood out.

Dirt caked the windows, from the floor up, Standing next to the window - you would literally leave footprints in the dirt, and that's not exaggerated!. Next, the shower - this was so bad, that the drain was blocked full of hair visibly sticking out of the plughole. if you ran the shower for a few minutes, you'd find someone else's hair and skin floating around your feet, pleasant! So we complained..

we spoke to some uninterested, sarcastic lady at reception who got "Engineering" to look at our shower, scotty? - and promised house-keeping would visit and clean the room. We got back that night and right enough - the "engineer" removed the hair from the drain and house keeping attended, but had merely made the bed and changed towels. Thanks for that! The room was still a s*ithole. We complained again and were told they would clean it....... They didn't.

Being Scottish we did what any Scot would do.. We stopped complaining and got drunk, had a great time and refused to let it bother us. I liked Vegas, if the room had been cleaner and had reception exhibited a single shred of interest in keeping us happy, and sanitary i'd have left a much better review.. Stay somewhere better - this hotel may be owned by Hilton, but excuse the pun when I say. "It's no Hilton..."

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ryanscotland
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I apologize that you were not impresses with our Resort. I am embarrassed that there were so many deficiencies from a cleanliness standpoint and I have addressed this with our Housekeeping Manager. Our Housekeepers have a detailed checklist of what needs to be completed and obviously this was not adhered to. I will be following up with my Guest Services team as well to ensure that we respond appropriately to all guest complaints so they are handled in a professional and caring manner to ensure that the issue was handled to exceed our guest’s expectations.

Omaha
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I chose this hotel as I had had very good experiences at the other Hilton Grand Vacation properties. BIG MISTAKE. The valet had a permanent "valet full" sign posted -- at least 6 cars in front of me, unloading and being parked however only ONE valet who, after parking numerous vehicles prior to mine -- as I said -- in the "valet full" lot -- informed me I would have to go to "self park" -- after a 6 hour plane flight and navigating LVS with a rental car I ended up on Level 5 of the "self-park" and had to drag bags a block to find the lobby.
After being given my room, (no offer of help with the luggage) I arrived to find a letter from the manager informing me NOT to raise my shades if I wanted privacy from the window washers(!!)

It was like solitary confinement -- and I wondered if that was the REAL reason given all the security. Regardless, next morning, NO shampoo -- called for that. Then, NO coffee CUPS, called for that....they did brings the items quickly, but one had to wonder if they were expecting to rent the room considering the circumstances. When they asked if they could do anything else, I asked if I could have tea instead of coffee -- NO, that was room service. Whole thing was a real pain. I guess they were doing me a favor by letting me stay there -- albeit, I did PAY for the room. My advise -- GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank JMWOmaha
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and I apologize that you did not have a great experience with us. We do clean the exterior of our windows twice a year and we place a letter in the rooms where they will be cleaning. I do apologize that your room was not set up with the appropriate items but I am glad that they were able to respond appropriately. We do have a limited amount of spaces in our valet area and I apologize that we were not able to assist you with your valet needs.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Beautiful rooms and the staff is great. It located in the planet Hollywood MM shops. The location is perfect, and there are no resort fees!! The bed was comfortable, the suite was spacious and the view was awesome! We will be staying there next year.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Crystal C
new delhi
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

this hotel was just an ordinary 4.5 star hotel with great luxury , spacious interiors and avg service but the most clicking and pleasant thing about it is its clever and convenient location as it is just in the center of the vegas strip and connected to a shopping mall

• Stayed June 2013
Cypress, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The entire wall of our suite was a glass wall with breath taking views of the Vegas strip that became a full movie/TV screen with the push of a button. We loved the Jacuzzi tub in our bedroom, full kitchen, although there were no pans to cook with and a perfect location almost at the middle of the strip. The staff was very friendly, but I was disappointed that we were unable to access movies on demand with such a cool projector and screen set up. The lobby was under construction and we had to find other resources for dining, but there are many possibilities in the area. We had a room that had not been updated, but the rooms that are remodeled are beautiful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

2 Thank Afif N
Sussex, New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Suites are large and plenty of amenities. Comfortable beds, in room dining and a fabulous pool. Gorgeous location, a little challenging to find the entrance and proper parking area but once you get past that minor issue, nothing but fun. Security staff, as well as concierge and desk folks were Professional and Very Helpful. Would recomment to anyone, as a Great Location on the strip and the connection to Planet Hollywood and the Miracle Mile Mall says you never have to travel to eat, drink or shop in style!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors provide the best views and most peace and quiet!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends