“Girls Getaway”

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #21 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here with my friend and her 2 daughters so we wanted more room and when we researched we found this room had a bedroom and a sofa sleeper in the living room, the king size bed was very comfry I normally have a hard time sleeping in hotels but not here. Too bad it was not the same for the two that slept on the sofa sleeper, HORRIBLE they ended up sleeping on the couch with sheets and blankets. The room it's self was quite nice and we had a view of the parris and a parking garage. we didnt come there to stay in the room most of the time anyway. the bathroom was spacious and had a washer/dryer nice shower with good water pressure. The kitchen was a full kitchen with ice/water on the fridge, microwave and dishwasher. we were very content to stay there. We needed more pillows and blankets and they were sent up with no problems. You have to have a key to get past the guard to get on the elevators and the gentleman was very polite and greeted us everytime with a hello or good bye ladies. we walked everywhere for the most part and this place is in a good location to get around the strip. we did buy a buss pass to make it over to freemont street and back. I would stay here again as long as I dont have to sleep on the sofa sleeper. The pool does close at 6:00 which seems odd to me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel was a great experience. It was probably the most quiet hotel I have ever been in. It was near the strip but did not have a casino, you could get to Planet Hollywood by walking through an upscale mall.I had a rental car and self parking was OK..Park as close as you can to 3A in the garage right next to the hotel...All staff at the hotel were very pleasant and helpful...Nothing but good thin gs to say about the Elara!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that has a view of the Trump Hotel and Paris..Get as high up as you can...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed for the first (and last) time the first week in May. My husband's company booked this place and we tried to keep an open mind. The room did not have a remote control for the TV. Fine, call and let someone know. Someone shows up, takes one look and says, it doesn't work- you need a remote. No kidding, that's what we told the operator! I am by no means a germaphobe but having a Qtip sitting on a shelf when we arrived in the room, an M&M under the bed were yucky. The bed was comfy but the pillows were terrible. Having the dishwasher run for 2 hours to clean 2 glasses, a coffee cup and a spoon was a TERRIBLE waste of energy! There must be a more efficient way to do that (maybe a dishwasher on every floor).
Our biggest pet peeves were that ice was only on floors 5 and 50. UGH! And no outside food or drink at the pool. I understand this (awful) rule at a regular hotel but isn't this a "vacation" hotel, isn't that the point of a frig, etc in the room??
The room overlooked a parking garage and the noise at night was bad.
Best thing about this hotel was it was adjoining the Miracle Mile shops- that was very convenient.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the ones overlooking the parking garage.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us and I apologize that your room was not prepared up to our standard when you arrived. Our Housekeeping team has a detailed check list and it is apparent that this was not followed. We are looking to add more ice machines on the floors and one reason why the property was built with the limited amount is that in our 1 bedroom suites the refrigerators have ice machines built in. I can understand your frustrations with not allowing any outside food and beverage but unfortunately even though we are a timeshare, we have to abide byt the same rules & regulations established by Clark County.

Stephen Arent
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I visited the Elara this past week as he obtained it when it was Westgate Planet Hollywood. Hilton is in the process of redecorating the check in area from the loud red poles to a more subtle, calm paint scheme and carpet. Security was nice at the elevator bank as you must hand your door card to the security guy and he inserts it in the machine. No card, no access to the floors!! I like it. Our suite was nice as a 2 bedroom lockout. It faced the south strip, direct view of the MGM and The Signature-MGM. We cooked breakfast each morning in the equipped kitchen. We used the projection screen (8ft). I was not impressed with it at all.

One strange thing happened with the tvs and the electronic blinds. The tvs came on by themselves and the shade in the bedroom operated on its own in the middle of the night. That was annoying.

I love, love the bedding. A featherbed was on the mattress. The pillows were feather and down an the down comforter was covered. So comfy, no need to plump pillows etc. Just lie down and you are asleep.

I didn't like the fact that Westgate played switcheroo when my husband asked for the lockout and didn't get it when he was told the price it would be to lock out but when called back the next person gave some crazy asanine answer. Timeshare wise, HIlton doesn't handle Westgate owners reservations, only Westgate. I like that I didn't have to walk through a casino to get to the hotel. I didn't like that Hilton doesn't do free valet, its $15 a day. To self park, you have to walk through the Miracle Mile shopping area to get to the hotel, luggage and all. Not very convenient.

The shower was great, good water pressure, abundant hot water. Quiet, no wild parties while we were there. I didn't use the pool, but it closed at 6:00p...why?

The thing that I don't really care for in Vegas is people trying to get you to buy show tickets, etc, etc while you're walking on the strip. That really annoys the hell out of me, especially when I just told you NO.

Clean comedy show...see George Wallace at The Flamingo. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for south or north strip view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate you sharing your experience with us and thank you for being a valuable Owner of Elara. I am happy to read that you like our new dream top bed linens as this is a new upgrade we recently placed in all of our rooms here. We also extended our pool hours to 8pm a few weeks ago based on the fact the days are now beginning to grow longer. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with your reservation and if you have any lingering questions, please feel free to reach out to me at sarent@hgvc.com.

Stephen Arent
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was a really nice hotel. The pool is really nice (if you can get there in the morning before 10 a.m., no problems getting a lounge chair in part shade), the rooms were immaculate and most of the staff were helpful and friendly. I have to say the pillows are for sure the best I've ever slept on!

We got in at 8 a.m. and were able to check into our room right away. When we got to the room, we noticed it was a handicap accessible room and the shower was very low for us (we are both over 6' tall). We talked to the front desk and they were able to get us into a regular room without issue.

The view from our room (32nd floor) was Paris and the Eiffel tower which was beautiful at night! The shades automatically went up when we entered the room which was a nice touch.

The only complaints we have are:

1. Normal check-in is at 4 p.m. I guess that's not that big of a deal, but that seems kind of late to me.
2. Check-out is at 10 a.m.! That seems a little crazy to me. Every hotel I've ever stayed in has had a 11 a.m. or noon checkout.
3. Housekeeping knocked on our door both mornings to ask when we were checking out. That really put me off, especially when they asked when we were checking out on a day we weren't checking out. I would think they should get their information from the front desk instead of bothering us when we're trying to get ready.

Other than those minor things, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Book as a girls trip to Vegas, emailed the hotel before hand to say it was our first trip and they upgraded us! Amazing!! Was given a suite, great view of the strip and floor to ceiling windows gave us the perfect views to unwind after a long day. Based inside the Miracle Mall means everything is at your doorstep!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank jojoexplora88
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Four people....took a two bedroom apartment on 27 th floor. Queen size beds, two bathrooms, spa, fully equipped kitchen, fabulous views over city, wifi and very spacious
Situated on the Strip so walking distance to see all the flamboyant casinos which are over the top....never would play.
The tariff was extremely reasonable so we stayed two nights in luxury. Swimming pools and spas outdoors were very good. There is a gym too

Room Tip: Didn't appear to be too busy so didn't book ahead, just drove in and got a good rate but the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends