“Penthouse was amazing; spoil the family”

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #21 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Upgraded to a Penthouse corner room on 25th floor after doing a RV family trip around the southwest National Parks. Two bedrooms, full kitchen, big lounge, tv projector provides giant screen and big showers. Main bedroom was UNBELIEVABLE - huge space with floor to ceiling windows pointing out to the strip accompanied by big ensuite. Ordered up soft drinks and wine before going out to a show with the kids ordered room service breakfast the next morning which was set up on the dining table. We have stayed at a number of the great casinos on the strip but this place suited us and spoiled us perfectly as a family. Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The rooms are amazing, the hotel even know it doesn't have a hotel on site, Planet Hollywood is attached via a shopping area and you can go to that casino. You're in the right spot of the strip right in the middle. I was only there one night, but will be going back the next time I'm in Vegas.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

If you're NOT interested in comfort or convenience this is the place for you.
There's no shuttle service, no continental breakfast, after booked 60 days in advance, got a room with a view of the
Roof of parking garage. When I flushed toilet, got a SEWER GAS SMELL THROUGHOUT THE ROOM!!!!!
They did offer free coffee and coffe pot But don't think of using it!!!! They didn't leave any coffee cups!!
I complained at the front desk and his reply...."All the hotels on the strip don't offer these Ammenities either."
The hotel looked grand and clean, but their priorities are only with their hotel and not their customers.
We asked to have the room made up at seven a.m. And when we returned at 2 p.m. Nothing was done, in fact we had
To call to get clean towels. I don't even want to give it a 1 star, it's a NO STAR!!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Margie P
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience at Elara. While we do not guarantee views in rooms we are very dedicated to ensuring that you are assigned the best available room at the time of check in. I am also very embarrassed to hear about your room experience and the customer service you experienced during your stay. We enjoy providing an atmosphere conducive to have everything you need during your stay and unfortunately we fell short. I truly apologize for your poor experience during your stay.

Dana George
Asst GM Customer Service

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Elara is a spectacular hotel, and easily the best Hilton property on the strip. But watch out for the "Grand Vacations" at the end of that title. That's basically another way of saying the hotel doubles for timeshares and they can get away without serving breakfast. Nothing against the former, but shame on the latter. I stayed here the day they switched over to being a Hilton property, so perhaps they've changed policies. The rooms are state of the art, with jet bathtubs and lighting and shades controlled through your TV. The hotel is connected to the Planet Hollywood casino, so the proximity to the strip is the best you'll get from a Hilton property. In short, they set you up with a nice room and not much else.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights when we visited Vegas last weekend. We stayed on the 50th floor and that offered a beautiful view. Enjoyed watching the water show at night from afar. The rooms were clean, nice kitchenette, with a jetted tub, the beds were comfortable, though would say that the pillows aren't very comfortable. It was also nice to not have a smokey casino in the lobby. The shades were great as they blocked out most of the light and being electric they hid away nicely allowing for an unhindered view of the city scape.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 25, 2012

First of all I want to clarify that I haven't been at the Elara, however I was trying to ask some information on kids-rlated limitations, and I've written to Hilton worldwide. They haven't answered my questions (maybe a mistake), so I have written again and this is the answer:
"... regarding age-related limitations. I am forwarding your message to the Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip, as they may be better able to assist you in checking those restrictions. I am asking that they contact you at your email address regarding your request."
I never had an answer.

I don't know if this is a good hotel or not, and probably I will never know I cannot think that a hilton property is not able to answer a simple question by mail.

Cannot find 3 minutes to assist a potential customer ? Well Las Vegas if full of good hotels that are able to answer mail even in a few minutes...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking a moment to reach out to us. I am very dedicated to responding to all of our guests inquiries with Elara and I am not positive that this made its way to the property. You can certainly contact me at dgeorge@hgvc.com with any questions you have and I would be delighted to answer them for you.

Dana George
Asst GM Customer Service

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I spent four nights here with some friends during November 2012. The view, the suite space, the location. the wirlpool tubs and the building security were all excellent. The food (room service and at the bar) is just ok. We stayed on the 51st floor and one of our rooms was just off the elevator hallway - there was a constant wind (not breeze - wind) coming under the door to that room which made a very loud whine / whistle sound so we had to jam a towel underneath the door. We mentioned the wind/noise at the front desk and were told that they thought there was weather stripping on the door. There wasn't, but maybe there is now. The wireless signal was very weak (non-existent) so we couldn't use our lap top. We also couldn't get cell signal in our rooms - we had to go stand out by the elevators to make phone calls. After a couple of days, that was a real annoyance.

I've stayed further down the strip (Mirage) before and I really preferred this area. Great bars and restaurants. Just a more high-end feel to this end of the strip. We spoke with a manager at checkout and she was very attentive and accomodating. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple