“Internet service & pillows”

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #20 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Internet services, are per computer not per room. We have 2 computers and had to pay double. I called prior to arriving to ask about internet service, but was not informed about being charged double since we have 2 laptops, I didn't ask the right question, otherwise I would have brought my own hotspot. Pillows are flat, and housekeeper told me they are all that way. Still rated it 4 stars for decor, comfort, and cleanliness.

2  Thank kimrn258
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. And thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay. I would like to take an opportunity for follow up with you on the challenges you had. We make every attempt to put best practices in place so our guests are able to enjoy their stay fully. We are currently looking at options of changing the device charge to a per day charge for our internet services. Also we have gotten approval for a new linen package so very soon we will have the same linen quality that is reflected at all of our Hilton properties.

Dana George
AGM Customer Service

There are newer reviews for Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in a 1bedroom suite, the room was huge with full facilities, washer/dryer, spa bath, full kitchen, there is even a tv in the bathroom. There is a projector to watch movies, large lounge suite, king bed. Lots of storage. Staff are friendly, the walk to the strip is not far you walk through the miracle mile. They have a large pool, we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: With the one bedroom suite has everything is worth the extra money and if can get a high floor the v...
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed here in April and loved it decided to come again. When we came earlier in the year the property had just changed to Hilton from Planet Hollywood Westgate Towers. This time the rooms were not cleaned as well and when we arrived the surfaces in the bedroom had not been cleaned. The rooms were generally not in as well maintained condition and while the size and space is great I felt disappointed. The sun shone on this visit but you had to keep moving sunbeds as the building across the road (which they are building another tower) blocked the sun for quite some time. Love the position but unlikely I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I got to enjoy three nights at the Elara Hotel in Las Vegas the week of October 22. The hotel is very conveniently located within the Miracle Mile shopping center. It doesn't have its own casino, but the Planet Hollywood casino is a short indoor walk through the shopping mall. Thanks to an upgrade, I enjoyed my time in one of the one-bedroom suites, which I can highly recommend. For not a lot of additional money, you end up with a kitchenetter that includes a full-sized refrigerator with ice and water in the door (no running to the ice machine). I picked up something to drink on my way through the mall (there are two sundry shops, one if which is very clsoe to the hotel entrance) and saved quite a bit over the more expensive drinks at the bars downstairs thanks to that fridge. In addition to the kitchenette, the suite features a large sectional sofa. The powered window shade in the living room doubles as a screen for the HD projector, which makes a screen at least eight feet in diameter. You can access television, the channel guide, and even change the room temperature right from the remote. I was on the 51st floor overlooking the Eiffel Tower, and when the screen was up, I enjoyed a great view looking north up towards the Stratosphere.

The bed is firm and comfortable, the pillows stiff and plentiful, and the bathroom spacious and well-lit. There are a total of four TVs in the suite (including the projection system), and aside from a lack of water pressure in the shower, I had a very enjoyable stay. Staff was helpful and courteous.

Besides the obvious ammenities, I liked the upgrade and the hotel's location because I didn't have to endure a single group of drunken revellers stumbling noisily down the hallway at all hours, something I have experienced often during my visits, even at higher-end hotels.

If you are looking for a Hilton property in Las Vegas near the strip, the Elara is an excellent chioce, and the suite upgrade is a great value for the money!

Room Tip: Spend a little more for the suite if you plan to spend a lot of time in the room. Also, rooms on th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ulmubi
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed in a junior one bedroom suite and at first glance the room looked alright, but after examining it further upon returning from my business dinner, I realized it was filthy! There were hairs in the Jacuzzi tub and even on the pillows for the bed. The cabinet door to my washer/dryer combo in the bathroom literally fell off the hinges at the bottom when I opened the cabinet to find out what was inside. The bathroom door had a large screw sticking out of it that caught my hand repeatedly and the veneer cabinets were all chipped up and cracked along the bottoms. I don’t ever expect hotel rooms to be perfect by any means, but this definitely was worse than most I’ve seen.
On top of the actual room condition, I experienced an extremely odd occurrence with housekeeping. I had the do not disturb light illuminated on my door because I had a ton of work to get done and couldn’t be interrupted. I received a call from housekeeping asking if they could come in and clean. I explained that I was buried in work and didn’t need to room cleaned. She seemed upset and kept saying that she really needs to clean my room. I once again explained it wasn’t necessary and I really needed to focus on work. About a half hour later it sounded like someone tried to key into my room, but I had the safety locks on so I didn’t get up to investigate. A few minutes later someone knocked on my door. I ignored it because I was busy and wasn’t expecting anyone. A few minutes later they knocked again loader and longer. I got up and looked at the peep hole and it was the cleaning lady. I opened the door and said I’ve already explained multiple times that I do not want my room cleaned and do not want to be disturbed while I’m working. She insisted that she at least needed to change my garbage because she needed the credits????? Nothing like this had ever happened to me before and I was completely caught off guard. I told her no, as she continued to say I just have to, I need to clean your room to get credits. I reluctantly let her in and she went to the phone and dialed something and then stated picking up stuff off the kitchen island. I told her to stop because those were items I still needed, then she proceeded to empty the trash. I actually had to tell her that I would like her to leave immediately so I can get back to work. It was so strange! I travel all the time all over the United States and this is the first time I’ve ever experienced anything like this.
That being said, the rest of the staff that I encountered all seemed to be friendly and accommodating. The room did come equip with a full refrigerator, microwave/oven combo and a large projector that displayed movies across the window shades and the location of the hotel on the strip wasn’t bad. The price was decent for the room and if I had been in Vegas just to party it up, everything else might not have seemed so bad, but I can honestly say I don’t intend to ever stay here again. There are plenty of other hotels for the same price that are clean and nicer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed one night over a busy weekend - concerts, bull riding, NHRA. It seems as if everyone was in town and rooms were at a premium. We were able to book a studio room for over $100 less than any neighboring strip hotel were a little apprehensive as to what we would find.

Located behind the Planet Hollywood, the lobby is located in the Miracle Mile. Check in was quick and easy, even though listed check in time was at 4:00 pm and we were there about 2:30. Our room was right off the elevator alcove and we were afraid noise may be an issue. However, that proved not to be a problem, even on a busy sold out weekend. The room was clean, in good repair and tastefully decorated. The bed was comfortable and the kitchenette a nice touch. I enjoyed the fact that the entire hotel is non smoking, and non gaming.

The Elara is definitely on our short list of places to stay in Vegas.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We wanted an 2 bed apartment as we were travelling as a couple and a single. This turned out to be a superb choice. This is situated just on the Miracle Mile and due to the (merciful) absence of a casino floor it takes 5 minutes to get on the Strip (as good as any large Strip hotel). The accommodation area is very large and our view of the Strip and desert were excellent. The sofas were very comfy and the whole red/ black/ gray/ white decor is eyecatching although not 5 star elegant but loved Marilyn on the wall. Kitchen area is indeed a full kitchen with a full sized fridge/freezer and microwave so great to have coffee and cold drinks at hand (there is a grocery store in the Miracle Mile) NB no kettle so bring one or use microwave. Washer/dryer in bathroom a godsend. Beds comfy and kingsized. There were indeed 6 TVs. It was spotlessly clean despite previous comments. Security were totally polite and it is sensible to have to produce your room card. Pool is fine mostly although the music drove us away on occasions -in fairness they only turned it up when youngsters were around-I could do without the whole "daylife" trend personally, Busy at weekends of course (recession. what recession, city was packed!)
Bottom line-I would absolutely stay there again, I felt more relaxed than on my previous visit as it felt more like home (although the Bellagio is lovely) Thanks Elara it was fun and your staff are great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at Elara. As you said you felt like it was home and that is exactly what we strive for here. Our team is committed to ensure they are attentive and make your stay wonderful. Thank you again so much!

Dana George