“Well done in Las Vegas”

Ranked #24 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Seattle, Washington
“Well done in Las Vegas”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nice, comfortable hotel. Easy access to the Strip. Love the non-smoking environment. Pool was great and in the sun all day. We had an excellant rate on our room. Would stay at the Elara again. Desk employees were super helpful.

Room Tip: We were on the 52 floor, facing south. Beautiful view of mountains, and Strip lights. The central A...
2 Thank lovetotravel50_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,505)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

A nice new hotel located inside the one mile mall. Nothing special for the price.
With so many Vegas options along the strip not sure if we'd stay here again. A little impersonal and not much vibe.

• Stayed July 2012
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've stayed here many times just this past few months so I think I can write a very fair review of this property. The rooms are indeed nice, but the service (excluding the great guys in valet) is lacking. Myself and several co-workers stay here constantly as stated, but no one save the valets ever even recognize or go out of their way to greet us. Check in is always miserably slow. Also as a Diamond I've not received one upgrade. The pool is nice, but to bad it closes at 6pm even if it's well over 100 degrees - this is just crazy. When we questioned the management they simply smile, shrug their shoulders and say they will "pass the info along" (employees told us management did not want to pay to staff the pool a few extra hours which makes me think business must not be very good...) The drinks are obscenely priced and bar service poor, Though I personally have not experienced it my co-workers have often witnessed some pretty rowdy behavior - I have seen many "Thug types" in the lobby and I noticed they have started to check every single guests room pass before they will even let you near the elevator - I'm sure they would say extra security, but kind of odd none the less. Location is good as its pretty much on the strip (and close to where I do business as well). If you're looking to party it's probably a great place, but I cannot recommend it for business travelers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Travelin_Man069
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
I would like to apologize to you on behalf of Elara for the lack of attention my staff has provided to you and your business partners during your stays with us. We did do a study on the pool hours and due to lack of usage we did make the business decision to close at 6pm because the facility wasn’t being utilized. Due to feedback like yours I am happy to report that effective Thursday July 26th the pool hours have been extended back until 8pm. Prior to the Hilton transition the property was branded with Planet Hollywood and that is why you see a very diverse young party crowd as we continue down the path of the rebranding we can assure you that your experience will become more of what you expect to find with Hilton. If you would like please contact me for your future stays at dgeorge@hgvc.com and I will personally attend to your reservation. Thank you very much for the great feedback on the Bell staff. They work very hard to ensure that every interaction they have is a memorable one.

Dana George
AGM Customer Service
London, England
Reviewed July 19, 2012

July 13th through 19th. 1 Bedroom Junior Suite - 17th Floor, Room 1707.

This was my 13th trip to Vegas and I've stayed in most of the major hotels. This time around I got a great value deal through Expedia, including a free upgrade to a Junior Suite.

The hotel is located at the rear of Planet Hollywood and is connected to it via the Miracle Mile shopping mall. It's a short walk to both the Casino and Strip.

Check-in was quick and easy. However check in starts at 4pm sharp, so I had to wait around for an hour until my suite was ready. It was well worth waiting for.

The room was clean, and modern with everything you could possibly need. Separate living room with galley kitchen. This included fridge, dish washer, coffee machine and cutlery. The bedroom had a Kingsize bed with Jaquzzi tub. The bathroom had a good sized shower.

The suite also included two 42" HD TV's and a TV also in the bathroom. The windows are tinted and floor to ceiling. For extra privacy the suite also has electronic window blinds. The large red leather sofa also doubled as an extra sofa bed.

Housekeeping ranged from very good to okay. I did have to call for my room to be cleaned on one occasion. Housekeeping arrived with 5 minutes to clean the room but the room was not dusted. This was a problem because the air conditioning pumps out a lot of fibre and it builds up very quickly on the black glossy furniture.

The hotel wifi was reasonable value but the signal was barely adequate and frequently dropped in and out. Another problem was noise insulation from other suites. One night the suite next door had what sounded like a Spring Break party and I could hear everything. Fortunately, the suites next to mine were empty the remainder of my stay. But in all fairness, this is a problem in all strip hotels.

Security was very good and the elevators were guarded constantly. Only those with working room door cards were permitted to continue to the elevators. Note: they check the validity of your room key card. Security also carry out checks on each floor. One evening I failed to close my door properly and security alerted me to this.

I never used the pool facilities but the pool area looked clean and large enough. Though there are much bigger pools in Vegas.

Overall I very much enjoyed my stay at the Elara, even with the small issues encountered. The suites were of good size and in very good condition. The location was ideal based in the centre of the Strip and the Miracle Mile Mall is at the foot of the hotel.

I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Mark_London
Never dull in hull
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a friends wedding, there was a group of eight of us and we all wanted to stay in the same suite. This was the only hotel that was able to provide a four bedroom suite. They worked it by using the large room at the end of the corridor and two adjoining rooms to the side, it worked very well with an amazing corner view. The only problem we found was check-in. It may have been that we were a group of 8 and we all wanted to pay seperately, but it was a nightmare trying to get the check-in guy to understand!
The room itself was very clean, plenty of room, great floor to ceiling windows and a hottub in the main bedroom!
The pool was fantastic, not too crowded. They had a ledge where you could lie in the water, very cooling in the vegas heat. It got the sun all day (unlike some pools opposite that we could see).
The reception lead directly in to the miracle mile shopping area and the planet hollywood casino (the hotel does not have one of its own). This then leads right onto the strip opposite the bellagio fountains, so a perfect location for exploring.
All in all i would recommend as it was good value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank sunworshipper082
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We spent three nights in Elara on our week-long trip in Vegas. We were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite. The room was spacious and nicely furnished. The full kitchen and the consolidated washer/dryer machine were very nice for extended stays. The décor throughout the hotel had a lot of red and black (if you like this color combination). The king bed was very comfy and even the sofa bed was nice.

The hotel was located at a cornor of the Miracle Mile (M) shopping mall which is connected to the Planet Hollywood (PH) Hotel. It shares the parking lot with the mall and PH (the Elara lobby is on the same level as the 3rd floor of the parking garage). The center-strip location is convenient for walking to City Center, Bellagio fountain, and other attractions. Overall the location and the value are hard to beat in Vegas.

On the other hand we also encountered a number of issues: Room not cleaned well, soaking well carpet near the Jacuzzi, TV not working, no cooking supplies in kitchen, the shared parking was challenging due to “repair” of three floors. During the first few hours our experience was not great; we felt that we’d made a mistake booking this hotel – after many great experiences with various Hilton properties. But the hotel staff was very responsive and helpful to address all the issues, and the stay was fine from then on.

I was told that Hilton had recently acquired the property. It seems that there are a lot of changes to be made for the transition, both hardware (facilities) and software (services). I see a lot of potential with this property; I will likely stay here again after the “transition” has been completed.

3 Thank TP1234
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. I do apologize that the start of your trip was met with so many issues. It is never our intention to displease our guests in any manner at all. I have forwarded this to both our housekeeping team and facilities team as we continue to bring this property up to Hilton standards our guests feedback is what drives our teams success. I also would like to apologize for the parking garage. Unfortunately we don’t have the luxury of having our own and our business partners at times make decisions regarding the garage that we simply have no control over. We are truly hoping that their work is completed very soon so it does not disrupt our guest experience.

Dana George
AGM Customer Service
Colorado Springs
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed in a studio room on the 53rd floor July 13-16, 2012. We loved the room and the location of the hotel. We had a pretty good view of the south Strip and the airport (which some people might not like, but we enjoyed watching the flights and choppers)

The room was clean, well appointed and had everything we needed - including the coffee maker and fridge. The bed was very comfortable - especially after a long day on the Strip. There are no "resort fees" at the Elara. These "fees" (add on charges for things that should be free) can easily add a hundred dollars to a 4 day stay at other hotels.

The location of the hotel is great. Since the hotel is attached to the Miracle Mile mall it is easy and safe getting to and from the Strip plus there are plenty of places to eat, shop and drink.
The pool was nice and uncrowded - even on the weekend. We saw enough pools at other hotels to know that this is very unusual.

The hotel staff was friendly and attentive. Considering some of the other "guests" we encountered it is amazing that they can keep their cool. I know I would not be able to. No matter what you think, drunk is not attractive.

We felt secure in the hotel. You do have to scan a hotel key to get past the guard at the elevators. The doors to the rooms are super heavy and you do have to make sure that you get them completely closed. One time when my wife had not completely closed the door, a security guard showed up within a minute knocking on the door to inform us that the door was ajar. We saw security guards on our floor several times checking doors.

The only blemish on the trip was Friday night and Saturday morning the people in the next room were noisy. Sounded like a group of 20 somethings partying - but hey, it's Vegas. I'm way past the partying stage, but I remember times when I made way too much noise. If you want quiet nights go to Branson.

3 Thank wishuwerehere_2day