“Amazing Suites!”

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #24 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Amazing Suites!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed at Elara for 4 nights last week and have to say that the suite that I got was probably one of the best room I ever had in an hotel. I had a wonderful view on the Tour Eiffel from the room and the room was modern and trendy. Price was very correct. I good option to stay at Vegas right in the Strip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank swissyodel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,489)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I arrived for Infocomm 2012 and was early and had to wait around and the front desk held my bags and I went to the pool on recommendation. The pool is awesome with nice fluffy towels and good looking ladies, everywhere:-)

I was given a studio suite which is one bed, bar/kitchen desk and leather couch. It was nice for the time being but I had my brother coming so I needed something bigger. So I went to the front desk and told them I was a gold member for Hilton and they said thatv it did not apply for the vacation properties, which is fine. I then went out to a grocery and picked up some organic milk and orange juice for the week along with cereal and other items as I was going to be there for a while.

Woke up the next moring and it seemed that my fridge broke and my milk and juice had gone south with it. So, I called the front desk and spoke with the manager and he said, "you have 2 options":
1. we can give you a room service certificate for $20 USD
2. You can go back to the grocer and buy the milk and juice again and the hotel will reimburse you.

I said , you can go back to the grocer and buy me the milk and juice or give me at least $50 for room service as a milk or juice is about $15 a piece. At that time I said" well my brother is coming in town tomorrow and we need a bigger suite, hint, hint". And he said let me see if I can upgrade you to a 1 bdrm suite, I said great. So as I was leaving the next morning for my conference all day I go to the front desk and the manager says we will move you to a 1 bdrm suite Mr. Beisher while you are at your conference all day and supply you with unlimited fresh juice and milk for your entire stay. At this point I was very happy.

I come back from my exhausting conference at the end of the day and they hand me my new hotel key for my 1 bdrm suite and I ask them if they moved my stuff and they said yes. I show up to my new room and my stuff was not there!!! So I go downstairs and this time there is a new manager and I start telling her the whole story again about the milk and my brother is coming and I need a bigger room, blah blah, blah. And guess what!! They bump me up to the 56th floor to the 2 bdrm penthouse suite, and it was beautiful!!

So the rest of the week I had this 2 bdrm suite just in time for my bros arrival with unlimited orange juice and milk and the staff could not have been more helpful about moving my stuff and all that. So what I'm saying is that I would be more than happy to stay at this place again even though I will probably not have the same problems as last time and thus haing to stay in the Studio Suite, which is nice!!

Room Tip: 1 or 2 bedroom suites are the way to go, you'll feel like a pimp.
3 Thank thebeish
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I'm not a fan of black porcelain fixtures but the location of this hotel is great. Unlike the other HGV in Vegas, this one is near the center strip and many restaurants. Will definitly stay here again. A good find!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank VC1321
Guatemala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Inside a famous mall is the Hilton Elara Hotel, still like new, at first glance
I dislike the modernism of decoration, but a couple of days after I feel "fitting"
in this place, the gym, the pool and over everything the location!
just on midlle of everything on Las Vegas premiers casino and hotels
The room service is ok, no restaurant at hotel, but inside the complex
there is plenty of options, the suite has kitchenet you could preparer something
the Walgreens is at corner!
The pillows are hard, even when Sam sond me the soft ones, but, who cares
if in this city people never sleep.
The relation price, ubication is excelent

1 Thank carlosenriquegodoy
Beverly Hills
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

First of all, IF you can find the hotel entrance, registration desk, and where to park! you might like the clean, modern suite rooms. They're large, too, with comfy beds & a nice little kitchen area. BUT, beware of the hordes of 20-somethings who swarm the place - they probably think this place is the Planet Hollywood...well maybe it is in disguise...sure confused us!!

The worst part of our experience was the last night (a Sunday) when we had to make it to the airport by 7am....meaning we had to be up & out by 5am...but wouldn't you know, two adjacent rooms blasted boom boxes and slammed doors while yelling & running back & forth between the friends' rooms. Like other posters here, we phoned management - THREE times! - but the noise & disturbances kept up until almost 4AM. NO SLEEP for us, in other words.

Why mgt. caters to the groups of inconsiderate, rude "guests" is beyond comprehension. But lesson learned the hard way, so WE won't ever go back there! And we won't recommend it to anyone we know either. The hotel should at least advertise its desired demographic so "old", middle-aged, well-behaved customers like us won't be so disappointed.

Room Tip: expect party noise to bend the walls & management to ignore your request for quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sweetwise
, Manager at Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay at Elara. I am sorry that our hotel demographics didn’t meet you expectations. Prior to the Hilton assuming management of this property on March 1st we were branded as a Planet Hollywood property and because of this we still have many reservations in the system that were booked prior to us taking this property on. We are actively working to change the demographics to ensure that our guests get the same experiences here that they are used to with any other Hilton property. We do take disruption of our guests very seriously on property and I do apologize that a rowdy group kept you awake on your last night’s stay.

Dana George
AGM Customer Service
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed here and the location was great! It was 108F and I was able to walk through the Miracle Mile shopping area and get to the LV strip @ the Belagio. My room was on the top floor and it had an amazing view! I did not hear any noise at all.
After receiving my bill, I did have to call and have the Internet charge removed, the front desk had told me at check-in that it would be removed b/c of my Hilton status. They quickly removed it, but I still had to call.

Room Tip: try to get a South facing room to avoid the hot sun set, unless that is your thing.
1 Thank MoneyPennyGarden
Hillsboro, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here last year and it was MUCH better at that time. Our baggage was unloaded and it took almost 3 hours to have it delivered to the room even though we called a couple of times and asked if we could come down and pick it up ourselves. Upon checkout we asked for help with the bags and it took about 45 mins and 3 calls down to the desk. When we got there there were no remotes for the tv's so a call to the front desk had the maint. man coming upstairs. The remote was caked with cement/dirt type mixture. Pots and pans were missing and even more sparce then when westgate owned the towers. Hotel staff was friendly and I liked the security guards posted at elevator to check room keys. Although we had a few friends who didn't get checked at all. There were a lot of people all over this hotel at almost all times of night. Location is great though. The beds are comfy and we got a 2 bdrm room it was the small things that killed it for me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends