“I rather stay somewhere else”

Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #22 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
washington
“I rather stay somewhere else”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed there for 3 days, 2 night, the valet parking is free but it is always full,makes me wonder whether they have a real valet parking.

Self parking sucks because they share their parking garage with the mall.

Lobby and the room is nice. Clean. I stayed at the Junior suite. One bed with 1 sofabed with a kitchen sink, microwave, dishwasher, fridge. they provided some plates,bowls and utensils which was nice.

Location is pretty good. In the middle of the strip. Connected to the Miracle Mall.

Why cheap feel on the inside? Here goes:
Their soap, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner use this guy brand that sounds like a famous hair designer. BUT the quality is BAD!
The soap is cheap. I washed my hand with it and realized that the slippery/soapy feeling was not going away. It is not the moist feeling from a moist soap like dove or something.
It is just slippery. it does not matter how long u rinse your hand with water, that slippery feeling will not go away. I decided to buy my own body soap because i dont want to fall in the bathtub because of this hotel soap.

Same thing with the body lotion. bad quality, watery as hell.
I stayed at the Best western at zion previously before I arrived here, they use Vaseline body lotion, nice soap, and provide you with make up remover sheets from neutrogena.

It is true that they dont charge you with daily resort fee. that means no internet.
Their internet is $9 per day.
And it is true that if you have AT&T, good luck with making phone calls or browsing using your phone. There is no service.

I rather stay some place else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pitak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,520)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2012

For value, the rooms at the hotel formerly named PH Towers are great. We had 2 bedrooms with a central lounge/kitchen, large windows and blinds that turn into a movie screen for projector. Our view was towards MGM and desert - great to wake up to. Up at the end of the strip it's a bit far to walk but you can and there are buses when you get too tired.

Couple of negatives: many of the shuttle buses stop at carpark underneath too far away entrance. Awkward when dragging multiple suitcases and carrybags and if you enter in the wrong entrance you have to walk a long way through the mall - more directions or staff assistance is required. Also, we booked a show for Blue Man Group through hotel but had hassles when we arrived as these vouchers were considered invalid (some payment conflict issues b/w hotel and show managers) and had difficulties when trying to contact hotel concierge to confirm payment - then later we were also told by another staff that we should have got a discount anyway.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Cate N
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed for three nights, and would return.

The good stuff: I got upgraded from a regular room and for $89/night on what seemed like a busy trade show week, ended up in a 1 BR suite with a south view to the MGM Grand and, well, Hooters.

The room was vast and filled with toys. There were 5 TVs I think, plus a projector system that beamed an 8 foot image on the living room window blind. There was an audio system, as well, and electronics that raised and lowered blinds, controlled lights, and so on.

It had a full kitchen with stuff actually in the drawers, and the bathroom had a washer/dryer thing tucked away. Bed was comfy. Floor was really quiet. Shower was hot and roomy. Tub was huge but didn't use.

Check-in was easy and fast, and within a few steps you were into the Miracle Mile mall and connected to the Planet Hollywood Casino. Pool looked inviting, but no time.

Not so good: Housekeeping missed a lot of the little stuff. My bath mat was stained. The bathroom counter wasn't wiped down all that well. There were little things that were missed in vacuuming. The remote control was anything but clean. I always have anti-bacterial wipes with me and they got used before I really touched anything.

The projector system was very hard to figure out and shut down, so by Day 2, the bulb had burned out. I work in the AV industry and I couldn't figure out what to do, so how mere mortals manage, I don't know. Those bulbs aren't cheap.

The safe didn't work.

The thing you flip over the door as doubled security just flat fell off, with no pressure on it.

The toilet was a separate stall and was black, which always seems creepy and creates questions about cleanliness. It also had a heavy glass door that clanged when it closed.

Despite the newness, there were things that has been allowed to slip inside the room and in the hallways.

The clientele strayed to a younger crowd (might have been the giant rave thing that weekend) and it looked like party central. With these rooms, you could just imagine the noise and buse to the furnishings. I am not sure I would stay here on a big weekend, or any weekend, as I bet it's a bit of a gong show.

Security checks for key cards before you get near elevators, which I've read annoys some people but I think is great.

Overall: A notch below the Vdara, but still very nice. Whoever runs housekeeping needs to get that "house" in order.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank canuck169
Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Arrived on June 7th. Was told at 2 our room wasn't ready till 4. Patiently waited. We had booked a two bedroom suite. When checking in at 4 we were notified we were on the 7th floor. Having booked months ago we were wanting an amazing room - and after some sweet talking we were upgraded to a penthouse on the 55th floor for 300dollar extra a night, which after some more sweet talking was waved!! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The maids literally and politely cleaned around our disaster of a room after nights of partying while joking around with us. Only negative was the constant walk through miracle mile to casino or strip. Pool was also so so although we were there to party, it was nice, but very quiet and tame (to a Vegas comparison). Room was amazing and service was great. Would definitely stay again as it was an amazing value for what we received. I wanted to come here and say most reviews are people who go out of there way to complain compared to the thousands who leave happy and don't bother. If your looking for spacious and luxurious rooms at good rates elara is your spot. I prefer it over MGM mirage and PH.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrew T
Denver
Reviewed June 12, 2012

4 Night stay June 2012. Your off the strip just Barely, but close enough to everything. We had a room booked but got an upgrade to a Junior Suite. Which was amazing. The room was the size of a small apartment. Living room/dining/kitchen area had everyting you needed. Microwave, coffee maker and a fridge. Seating for 4. The king size bed in the seperate room was very comfy for a a hotel bed. The bathroom had plenty of room with the bathtub/shower seperate from the mirror area and a seperate area for just the loo. The hotel is very well kept. the pool was great with a bar and waitress. They had cabanas for rent which were plentiful. The check in was a breaze and the room area is under the watchful eye of security, so no one past this uness you are a guest. The hotel hooks up to the Miracle Mile shops which takes you to the Planet Hollywood or the Strip. Will make this a place to stay in Vegas on the next trip.

Room Tip: No Restaurant or Spa, but you did not need them as everything was at your walking ease.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Redskin80
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was originally trying to stay at the Vdara but due to EDC and the fight, prices were skyrocketed. I stumbled across Elara on priceline and thought based on the price and photos it was too good to be true. Thanks to the trusty Tripadvisor reviews I was convinced to book a room.

The hotel is connected to Planet Hollywood behind the strip, if you're lucky to get a room on the low 30s facing the strip you'll be able to see the Bellagio water show and Paris. The hotel was a former time share that got converted into a hotel. The room is very modern with black granite, black color scheme, Hollywood era decor and has a kitchenette. I have to emphasize for the price it was great.
Here are my gripes about the room: thin walls--I could hear my neighbor's entire conversation and sound effects, light switches are not easy to maneuver (in fact my friend and I were playing guess which switch goes to which light), while the bathroom is modern, it isn't very well taken care of (such as dirty bath tiles and sinks--I can foresee poor maintenance which is unfortunate), the water pressure is NONEXISTENT--seriously I was in the shower double the time trying to rinse out the shampoo from my hair.

If other hotels (i.e. Vdara, Aria, Palazzo, etc) are charging an arm and a leg I'd recommend you stay at Elara. However if the price is different by $50 I'd fork over the extra and stay elsewhere. The hotel may not be on the strip but a brisk walk away will have you facing the City Center and if you want to avoid heat altogether just walk through the connected shopping center.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the strip in the high 20s to lower 30s--the higher you go up the less view of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank place-name-here
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2012

4 nights here in early June and it is now owned by the Hilton group. We had no issues at all with this hotel, staff were very friendly, rooms were clean, fresh and to a good standard. We were put on the 36th floor and had a great view over the strip, Bellagio, Paris/Eiffell tower. Air con unit worked well, big TV, Fridge, dish washer (never used as always out!) and filter coffee machine were all supplied. This Hotel is in a great location, close to the strip, on top of the miracle mile shops, connected via MM to Planet Hollywood casino/bars etc, opposite to Bellagio and next up the street is Eiffel tower/little Paris. Vegas is a great place to visit as an adult but not sure its a place to take a little one, its not called Sin city for nothing. Average temperature on our visit was cooler than normal, 86-100F! Use the ABC shops in MM for convenience shopping and stock up on "Rockstar" energy drinks and you will have a great holiday in LV.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for great views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple