“A gorgeous view to frame the wonderful service and food”

Twist by Pierre Gagnaire
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Harmon
Transit: The City Center Monorail stops at either Aria or Crystals. From there it is 5 min walk to the Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas.
Description: Taste the artistry of acclaimed Chef Gagnaire, whose Paris restaurant has earned Michelin stars, and learn why his Las Vegas venue continues to receive accolades. Enjoy a 23rd floor view and a perfectly paired vintage from the suspended wine loft.
Reviewed April 4, 2016

A definite must for anyone who loves good food. The service and presentations were spot on. The room is perfect for a romantic or business meal…you can actually hear what the other person is saying! A rarity in Las Vegas. We loved our food. This is an especially wonderful place to come as a vegetarian. The tasting menu for vegetarians was off the charts!

Date of visit: March 2016
Write a reviewReviews (621)

Reviewed March 28, 2016

We chose the tasting menu with the wine pairing.

The service was excellent. The Sommelier in particular was outstanding. His wine choices were spot on for tasting menu's intended flavor. I say "intended" because the only thing that tasted as it should have was the poached egg dish.

The flavor complements and presentation of the courses were not particularly original; however, the flavor complements were appropriate.

Unfortunately, despite a well established roadmap for the meal; the overall execution was exceedingly subpar. Although one might be tempted to blame the support staff or sous chef, I believe that Pierre Gagnaire did not put his team in the best position to succeed.

First of all, the proteins were not sourced from the freshest suppliers. A considerable amount of effort is required to secure high quality animal protein in the middle of the desert. Either Pierre phoned this one in, or he has no idea what fresh veal, spiny lobster, scallops, and sea bass are suppose to taste like.

For example, fresh spiny lobster typically has a mild delicate flavor compared to the overpowering sweet flavor of Maine lobster. The choice of a citrus compliment is appropriate, but not at all original or inventive. Unfortunately, Pierre's spiny lobster sat around too long and developed a powerful bitter after taste not unlike that of a persimmon which ruined the entire course.

Finally, my biggest pet peeve was the overuse of sous-vide method of protein denaturation. I use the word "denaturation", because I don't consider this actually cooking. I couldn't be more offended than if they put a microwaved meal in front of me.

Pierre do you really think that the human pallet is not sophisticated enough to note the difference between the blood sweat a tears of chef genuinely slaving over a stove and a laboratory prepared specimen?

When I pay 700 dollars for a meal, I expected it to be cooked not experimented on in a vacuum assisted gadget.

Date of visit: March 2016
Mandarin O, Public Relations Manager at Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2016

We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to provide your review of TWIST by Pierre Gagniare. We are pleased to learn that our sommelier provided fantastic recommendations but are disappointed to learn that the dining experience did not exceed your expectations. As a five-star restaurant, TWIST is known for it's impeccable food and service, however we apologize that this was not what you experienced during your time with us. We have sent you a direct message and hope that we will have the opportunity to speak with you soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2016

I would say this is Michelin quality French restaurant sans attitude and with killer decor and the view to match. I've been to Picasso and Restaurant Guy Savoy in Vegas, and I would rate this as number one out of three. We had 5 course tasting menu and every course was executed well. Sommelier's recommendation for a decently priced Bordeaux wine was spot-on. Well done, Pierre Gagnier. I would love to visit your restaurant in Paris as well.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed March 21, 2016

Great dinner with wine pairing is a must! I loved the view. The service was excellent. This is must for any Las Vegas trip

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed March 17, 2016

Stellar attentive service unlike anything experienced before. Food, superb. Thank you to Anthony and team for the experience.