“Excellent food, venue and hotel!”
Review of Twist

Twist
Reserve with OpenTable
Twist is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 4,853 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Harmon
Transit: The City Center Monorail stops at either Aria or Crystals. From there it is 5 min walk to the Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas.
Description: Our acclaimed signature restaurant, Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, is the only venue in the US where you can experience the extraordinary cuisine of Chef Pierre Gagnaire. Located on the 23rd floor of Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, the stunning dining room provides the perfect backdrop for Twist's groundbreaking menu of classic French cuisine with a contemporary edge. Featuring floor-to-ceiling windows and a dramatic glass staircase leading up to a suspended wine loft, the restaurant's most striking feature is arguably its lighting, which incorporates more than 300 gold globes designed to look as if they are floating in the air across the ceiling. Open only for dinner, Twist offers guests the choice of seasonal dishes, a delightful four-course tasting menu or a lavish five-course dining experience. Twist also showcases the finest cuts of meat such as the Californian Wagyu Beef Filet, Nebraska Prime Rib Eye and Pennsylvania Veal Chop. Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, has received the coveted Forbes Five Star award for 2015.
Houston, Texas
“Excellent food, venue and hotel!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

On a recent trip to Vegas, I wanted a fine dining experience that would please my mother who enjoys good food but not snobbery, my sister who is a well-traveled foodie and my beautiful mid-20s niece. Needless-to-say I considered knocking back a couple of cocktails before this adventure as I questioned I could make my entire party happy at any restaurant.

My fears were unfounded as everyone loved Twist! The night began with variety of innovative and tasty amuse-bouches. We all then ordered the 3-course tasting menu. All courses were perfection and the presentations via separate serving dishes innovative. The service was attentive without being over-bearing.

I also chose Twist as I was very interested in seeing the Mandarin Oriental. In other cities, we usually stay at the Ritz, Four Seasons or Rosewood. Vegas hotels claiming 5-stars are laughable. However, the lack of a casino in the MO made this hotel a world away from other Vegas hotels. As the lobby is on the same level as the restaurant, I was thrilled to see a check-in desk with no line. The lobby was both beautiful and modern. And, it was quiet. After five trips to Vegas, I vowed never to come back unless there was an alternative to the large, over crowded hotels completely devoid of service. The MO has given me hope I can come back to Vegas, stay at a truly 5-star hotel, still take in some shows, gamble when I choose to do so but then retreat to a quiet oasis.

Thanks MO! We will be back to Twist and to stay at your property!

• Visited July 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Fancy restaurant for a special occasion”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Set in the Mandarin Oriental hotel, it is an oasis of calm in Vegas. (there's NO casino in this hotel.) The foyer hallway leading to the restaurant is subtly lit and worthy of a photo.

The food and service is worthy of a Michelin star (though I'm not sure if this is official or not). We had the tasting menu and the food was complex and well presented. The flavours didn't always hit the mark exactly though. Wines were well matched. Excellent service.

Overall It was a good experience but for the price, i would probably try a different restaurant in this price range next time.

Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Great food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our second time to Twist. The second time was as good as the first.

I love the menu. There are a lot of creative combinations that are masterfully prepared. I don't think my wife will pass this up on any trip to Vegas.

The wine pairings as suggested by the somm, Will, are always spot on. This is the kind of place I can put the wine in the hands of the expert and know I will get a great pairing for a great value.

One word of caution though...come hungry! It seems that each dish listed on the menu is actually a composition of 3 dishes. What an experience. There is a ton of care put into this food. If you appreciate that, you will not be disappointed here.

• Visited July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Perfection”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Twist is by far one of the best dining experiences. The view of the strip from the high floor of the Mandarin was beautiful. I came here with my friends and we were all blown away. David was our server and he was very helpful and knowledgeable. We had the tasting menu with wine pairings. My favorite was the foie gras tasting. The atmosphere and decor of the restaurant was impeccable! Will be back.

• Visited June 2013
Rancho Murieta, California, Usa
“I love to be a Parisian”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Chef Pierre Gagnaire is one of the best chefs in the world. It is his only restaurant in the USA. Twist is a five star restaurant. Exclusive and elegant, located on the 23 floor of Mandarin Oriental. The view is spectacular, and cuisine is excellent. The ambiance featuring incredible lightning is very impressive.Trio De Foie Gras, Lapin, Rabbit saddle dish, and Main Lobster completely satisfied our palate. Wine selection is really impressive. It was a unique experience. Service was impeccable Unforgettable romantic evening. If you are watching your finances it is not the place to go. However, it is truly a very beautiful and unique experience. One of the kind.

Visited June 2013