“Amazing”
Review of David Copperfield

David Copperfield
Ranked #85 of 184 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: David Copperfield has been hailed by audiences and critics alike as the greatest illusionist of our time.He’s the first living illusionist to be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He was knighted by the French government. He received a Living Legend award from the Library of Congress. He’s won over 21 Emmy awards for his groundbreaking television specials, and he holds 11 Guinness World Records. Sound impossible? David Copperfield built a reputation on making the impossible look easy.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We knew that by buying tickets for this show we would be well entertained. David's reputation sold he tickets. However we both never realised how amazing he is. From he start it is evident he is in control of the performance but without coming over as controlling. He has a nice relaxed manor which engages with the audience. We were both struct with every part the show. You know they are tricks/illusions but they are so professionally done that you are amazed and puzzled at he same time.
A high quality show.

2  Thank Clachmhor
Write a ReviewReviews (4,029)
All reviews
in 405 reviews
"shows"
in 368 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I were in Las Vegas August 25th-30th being able to only see 2 maybe three shows or events we stood in line at the box office at the MGM for David Copperfield the shows that week were pretty well sold out so we would try last min just to see. The box office lady was so nice first the only seats were near the back and all seats were $120 so we thought we could see 2 shows for that price and the lady said give her a moment and she started calling where I don't know but the fourth call she said she had 2 seats third row ( a table for eight) same price so we took them. $240 for the tickets $50 for a couple of drinks almost $300 all our show budget but let me tell you that was the most exciting show I have ever attended and my wife ( not a big fan ) thought it was worth every penny. We could not have stumbled on a better deal we had so much fun I even got a moment of being involved in one illusion. 52 years old and i felt like a 5 year old in a candy store. Thank You David Copperfield for this fabulous experience. We did not get to go to another pay show but there was so much to do in and around Las Vegas we had a great 25th anniversary.

2  Thank Lorraine S
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We were torn between seeing David Copperfield or one of the Cirque shows, neither were particularly cheap but we got an ok deal with Tix4Tonight so we chose Copperfield.
He's in the MGM Hollywood theatre and we didn't think the venue was great. You're sat on a table with strangers which wasn't great and I thought the view wasn't great either. But when he's performing the illusions he's in with the audience anyway so we had a pretty good view in the end.
Some really good tricks, some obviously used stage hands as audience members, which I'm not overly bothered about. Still very entertaining. But he did one trick at the end that I was lucky enough to be a part of. Won't tell you what it is or how he did it, but it was a great experience, not many people can say they've been part of a David Copperfield illusion. Very brave on his part using genuine members of the audience.
We had a great night and there's one or two things he did which I don't have a clue how did it. He's a pretty funny guy too! You'll enjoy it!

2  Thank Ukohacat
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We really loved his show, it surpassed our expectations - we were in awe during the entire show, trying to figure things out - we are not so jaded as to call the show cheesy, tired, predictable or stale! We found it to be professional, slick, polished, extraordinary. I did think that indeed, some of Copperfield's jokes were tired, dated, not befitting a man of his stature. But his magic, his CRAFT, the staging, to see the show in person - wow!!! Again, it absolutely exceeded our highest expectations!

As others have commented, we were not too excited about the seating - there were three of us and we had a table for four. We had thought that we would have the table all to ourselves, but a poor hapless non-English speaking elderly man was seated at our table by the hostess. We tried to welcome and engage him, make him feel comfortable, but he was without response - to us, and in fact, to the entire show! So, ya, can we say, awkward!? We ended up essentially ignoring him, since he ignored us and D. Copperfield, not sure why he was even there!

2  Thank lexmiller