“Free admission to just watch”
Review of Exotics Racing

and up
Las Vegas Exotic Car Ride-Along
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located 20 min from the Las Vegas Strip, Exotics Racing has 15 different exotic cars to choose from and brings you the original supercar driving experience! You'll get real time coaching from pro racing instructors as you push the limits lap after lap. Driving packages start from for 5 laps. High speed ride-along, gift certificates, group & corporate events also available. Open 7 days a week, it's time to stop dreaming and start driving!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were attracted by squealing sounds from the professional driver drifting around on the track but once we got in, there was no pressure to purchase anything. We got in for free. However, you are required to sign a disclaimer stating that you were at the facility. Once you do that, you are free to watch after you get your visitor's bracelet. It was fun just watching the pro on the track. There is also a food truck in case you get hungry.

1  Thank SonyaG172
ExoticsRacing, Guest Relations Manager at Exotics Racing, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you very much for visiting Exotics Racing and for sharing this experience.

There are newer reviews for Exotics Racing

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a treat for my son and I. I choked a bit at first over the cost to do the 2 cars (5 laps each). We drove the Lamborghini Aventador and the Ferrari 458 Italia. What an experience, we will never forget the adreneline rush after driving these cars. VERY wide smiles all around.
You do get to drive at speed and the instructors that sit as a ride along keep encouraging you to drive faster and smoother.
We started out with a group briefing that descibed what to expect when you went out on track. Most of us felt a little uneasy after the briefing but that was short lived.
Once you get your helmet on and get into the car it all changed after one lap.
First you go out in a Porsche Cayenne for a guided tour of the layout of the track and to learn the turning points on the track.
Once in the car, your instructor goes over details, what to look for and what to expect.
Nothing like the sound of a Lamborghini or Ferrari engine screaming behind your head as the instructor encourages you to give it the gas and hold on to the gear to 7,000 RPM. My first time using paddle shifters and after one lap getting used to them it was great. You do get to pass cars if you are fast enough and this makes for a great drive as you try and catch up and overtake cars.
The Lamborghini Aventador was just brut force and heavier but fast as hell. The Ferrari 458 was smooth as silk and what a sound. The cars are newer models and well cared for.

Recommend that you do purchase the incar video (great memories). This turned out to be a great experience and well worth the cost. We can't wait to return for another drive at Exotics Racing. A first class operation.
PS. Don't forget your camera.

2  Thank Loum613

Thank you very much for visiting Exotics Racing and for taking the time to share your experience with others here in the TripAdvisor community. Very happy to hear your son had such a wonderful experience on track with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Phenomenal adrenaline experience. Spent $750 for 8 laps, the video, and the 2 lap ride-around in the Lamborghini. I don’t have the means to own a McLaren and tow it to a private raceway and drive it on the weekends, so this was the next best option  Love the fact you are told to “drive the car like you stole it.” “drop the hammer” and haul [--]. You are encouraged to go as fast as possible around every turn and straight away. Pass and pass again. The track is a bit short and at the speeds, 8 laps go by in just 15-20 minutes (and that is with a 1 minute break to cool the tires and brakes). Book weeks in advance or go later in the afternoon (2 or so) during mid-week for the best car selection and least amount of crowds. I was able to get my McLaren up to 140 on the straightaway. While that may seem way short of its top speed, the acceleration will blow you away.

All cars are well maintained and in top-condition. You will have a drive-along experienced passenger that has a break on their side and may grab the wheel to help with under or over-steering.

If you know how to truly race (or have racing experience), tell the drive-along guide…they will give you the right amount of instruction.

If I did it again, I would do 4 more laps (12 total). 5 is a complete waste in my opinion. At five, you are just getting a bit comfortable, and then you’re done! No sure if I would split 6 laps across 2 different cars….

The only thing I feel can be improved on is the shuttle service to and from the destination. It is professional, but when I was done, I was ready to go back…did not feel like waiting 45 minutes for the others who were there to finish and fill the limo. But the limo shuttle is the cheapest option.

ExoticsRacing, Guest Relations Manager at Exotics Racing, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you very much for visiting Exotics Racing and for taking the time to share your experience with others here in the TripAdvisor community. Glad to hear you had such a great time on track with us.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

After reading the reviews here I was really excited about doing it. Watching the you tube vids they seemed to sometimes not give you all the laps you pay for.
I had booked the Porsche cayman r and the Ferrari italia, for 5laps each. My first instructor really deadened my experience with the Porsche. He had me in fourth gear all the way round so never got to the sweat spot of the engine. He also had his foot on the brakes a lot of the time in the braking zones. He must have not trusted that I could control my braking. I had done a lot of track days on my sports motorbike were I usually circulate in the medium group, and am quite familiar with the concept of braking and turning into a corner. Made that drive feel really slow and boring.
The second drive in the Ferrari was exactly what I was expecting. Fast ,thrilling, memorable. The second instructor was aware I had done an drive in a car earlier. This may have been the difference. He let the reigns go and allowed me to drive to more of my and the vehicles limit.
If you do go, just doing 5 laps may not give you the experience you expect.

Thank you very much for visiting Exotics Racing and for taking the time to share your experience with others here in the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to spoil myself a bit and I found the best way to do it. I drove a Porsche Cayman R, Audi R8, and Lambo LP550 for a total of 22 laps around their private racetrack. It was expensive, but the is nothing else like this. To able to put these great cars to their paces was something. The instructors are all great and encouraging. Its a lot of feedback and specifics to process at times, but on ce you get going it's awesome. I would recommend this activity if you enjoy fast cars and tracks. Just remember that 5 laps go by pretty fast, like in 5 minutes, and sometimes that's just a warmup. Have fun...

Thank you very much for visiting Exotics Racing and for taking the time to share your experience with others here in the TripAdvisor community. Sounds like a fun combination of cars you drove that day; Porsche Audi and Lamborghini. Each a lot of fun to drive. We appreciate the feedback and glad to hear you had a fun time with us.