“Too bad specials not available during the week”

d.vino Italian Food and Wine Bar
Ranked #662 of 4,948 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were staying at the Monte Carlo and one night for dinner, we figured we try this Italian eatery. (We did have a $50 dining credit, so wanted to use it.) It is a bit of a small place, but there was no wait for a table. We went to dinner on a Tuesday night and business was not that fast and furious.

We had a very friendly waitress and were served pretty quickly. The meals did taste good, but I did find the portion sizes to be a little small. The prices, however, were not! We also were informed that the 3 course meal deal for $25 was not available during the week, only weekends. Bummer - especially since you would think during the week you need to entice people to come and eat at your place, not on weekends.

Anyway, my Mother had the Seabass and I actually had to order a side of potatoes, because the dish only came with spinach. Hmmm. My partner and I each had the marsala dish and it came with mashed potatoes. The falvours were all very good, but with these tiny portions - you cleaned your plate quickly and then went back to the bread to keep feeling a little more full. There was also no salad included in the meal.

The water was served in a slender watter bottle (filled with tap water). It was room temperature, which was not that appealing. Also, with 3 people at the table, that bottle emptied quickly and you constantly had to look around to get another full bottle of tap water.

Overall, I am giving it an average rating, because I feel the value ratio was not proper. Too pricey for the portion size. Service however, was good.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We've stayed at the Monte Carlo several times and have seen the ads for d.vino throughout the property. We had tickets to see KA at the MGM Grand, and decided to eat at d.vino prior to the show.

The greeting by the maitre'd at the entrance to d.vino almost had me backing out immediately, it was so cold. The place is almost empty, we're a group of 4, are you really going to look at your seating chart to see if you have somewhere to seat us?

Once seated it took some time for our waiter to take our drink orders, and then there was a looooooonnngggg wait for the drinks to arrive. I assume the beer was brewed just for us during the time we waited.

We had appetizers in addition to entrees. The meat and cheese tray for the table was excellent - probably the best item of our meal. The calamari was very good. Our entrees were disappointing. I know it sounds harsh, but I've had better sauce out of a jar. The pasta was mushy, not al dente. The food was lukewarm when served.

In summary, I'd consider going to d.vino for a happy hour drink and appetizers, but I won't go back for dinner again.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Monte Carlo were the resturant is conviently located on the casino floor. The first time we went we had no reservation and was seated right away. The service was great and there was a wonderful menu of food and wine. The food was fresh and delicious and the perfect presentation at the right temperature. The second time we came back for the Sunday Red sauce 3-course $30 special. Again, no reservation and seated politly and quickly. the food was wonderful and same great big portions and big taste. We loved both dinners and will come back when we are in Las Vegas for the great food, value, service and convient location.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Got a special deal with a prix fixe dinner here and tickets to Blue Man Group. The waiter was very nice and attentive, and the food was good. The selection was somewhat limited (caesar or fried mushroom risotto for app, spaghetti, chicken parm, flank steak + ? for entree, and a small yogurt-like dessert) but we all found something we liked. Quiet location and good selection of wine and beer.

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Our concierge at THE HOTEL had recommended this for dinner after blue man group. We were looking for a nice Italian place for a group of 10. I was surprised that the restaurant is located right on the casino floor across from the blue man group theatre. They seated us very promptly and had us in a separate room in the back, which was nice since it gave us an opportunity to talk without too much noise. I had read pretty good reviews here, but must say I was slightly disappointed. Our server did not seem very attentive, and several people in the group noted her behavior and commented on it ranging from "a bit sassy" to "rude". I hoped we would get better service for a large group, but I guess she knew she could count on her gratuity for a group over 8 and she did add roughly add a $50 tip. I love Italian food and have visited Italy several times. I was not impressed with the food. Only bread we had was a very soft and spongy focaccia bread with an olive oil dip. The bread tasted like something you could buy packaged at an Italian deli out of a plastic bag, not a good sign for things to come. We had a mixed cheese and sausage platter and calamari as appetized. Small plates, more stale now thin slized baguette bread with the platter, calamari were ok, only dip was marinara (not my favorite). My main dish was pappardelle, which also were just ok. Desserts we ordered were crime brûlée and tiramisu. I think we just ate half of the desserts. Tiramisu was mostly thick ladyfingers, very dry tiramisu. Two very thin layers of cream, hardly any coffee or liqueur taste. I have tasted many versions of tiramisu and love different variations of this dish, but this was by far the worst I have tried. Verne brûlée had fresh vanilla, but was cold, firm and not tasteful. No presentation on either. Overall I would definitely not come back and am sure there have to be better places for Italian food.