“moni71” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Tours of Las Vegas

Quality Tours of Las Vegas
Ranked #104 of 228 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Quality Tours of Las Vegas are the founders of the Las Vegas to Hollywood Tour, with over 12+ years experience in the Las Vegas tour business. We perfected this tour in our own unique way to be like no other. You get to have lunch with the stars, you get to go shopping with the stars and we drive you around Beverly Hills, VIP style. You get to be a celebrity for the day!!!
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“moni71”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I do not recommend this tour/company to anyone. STAY AWAY!!!!!!! I did the california tour from las vegas. We were to be picked up between 6:00 am and 6:20 am at New York/New York North Tour Entrance on August 29, 2013. At 6:25 am, I called the office to inform them that I'm still waiting to be picked up. The office stated they would call me back. They called me back in five minutes to indicate that the bus driver is 5 minutes away. At 7:15 am, still waiting, called back to cancel the tour and get a refund. the representative stated they should be there any minute. They did arrive about 5 minutes later. The excuse they gave was that they had alot of people to pick up. Because they were over an hour late on everyones pickup, the amount of time on each stop in LA/Beverly HIlls was shortened sufficiently. For example, the stop to the santa monica pier was to be over an hour long, we stayed for only 40 minutes. At the dolby/kodak theatre, we were to be there for 1 hour. We were there for only 25-30 minutes. On rodeo drive, we were to take an hour (1) tour, ended up being only 30 minutes long, We were also suppose to take a tour of celebrities homes, that was not done at all. We went down sunset blvd, hollywood blvd very quickly. also, went to the Hollywood sign, were there for twenty minutes, then headed back to Las Vegas. The Tour Guide Gabrielle, was not the greatest tour guide. She mainly spoke about las vegas and its history. I was upset because I did not take the las vegas tour. I did not want to know about the history of las vegas. I took the tour of los Angeles/beverly hills tour. I wanted informative information about los angeles/beverly hills and its history. Also, quality tours provided false advertisement when it came to their shuttle buses. Quality tours advertised luxurious air conditioned shuttle buses. This is not true. The shuttle bus was about 20 yrs old, air condition was not working property, the seats were uncomfortable, you sat so close to the person next to you, you had no space to sit comfortably. I along with other people on the tour were complaining. no one on the tour was happy. other people on the tour were going to file complaints against the company regarding this tour.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank monica f
greg13, Owner at Quality Tours of Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
It's rather unfortunate you didn't enjoy the tour. Aside from the late pickups, we did receive great feedback from other tour guests on the Aug 29th tour and services provided by Gabriella and tour staff. The previous review by Erica references how much she enjoyed the Aug 29th tour, with the exception of the late start.

Our apologies again go out to those affected by the late pickups on Aug 29th. Pickups usually take 30 to 45 minutes maximum, however on Aug 29th, there were 20 people and almost all were couples staying at different hotels spread across downtown Las Vegas and the north and south end of the Las Vegas strip, which took about 1 hour and 20 minutes (a record high for us). There were a total of 8 stops, averaging 10 minutes per stop. The driver also ran into unannounced entrance closures due to construction at MGM Grand.

Gabriella and staff did their very best to entertain and accommodate everyone's needs. All guests were treated to a fabulous off-menu lunch at the Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hills, with over 32 items to choose from, including alcoholic beverages at our expense. None of this was mentioned in your review.

Perhaps it didn't seem that way to you, but you did have 50 minutes at Santa Monica beach (the itinerary is 45 to 60 minutes, depending on time constraints), you also had 1 hour in Beverly Hills (lunch, plus shopping on Rodeo Drive) and 1 hour at the Hollywood Blvd (the itinerary is 1 to 1.5 hours, again depending on time constraints). You got to see, and were escorted, to all the main attractions (Grauman's Theatre, Dolby Theatre, Walk of Fame, Hollywood Sign and so forth).

The tour vehicle you traveled in was certainly not 20 years old, but rather a well maintained new model 2011 shuttle with reclining seats, DVD movie screens and surround sound. Our vehicles have comfortable seating, plenty of leg room and are considered the better choice for long distance travel.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A good day out but not brilliant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I did this Hollywood tour on July 21st,Picked up on time for an early start by Gabriel and Jackie,a couple more pick ups and we were on our way.I must say the bus was quite large for only six passengers.A nice stop to see Santa Monica pier and beach,then off to the Cheese cake factory for lunch,Gabriel took our order on the bus and we had little or no waiting time when we got there,food was fantastic.Then a half hour or so look around Rodeo drive,OK I suppose but not for me.Then probably the worst part of the trip was the tour round the so called stars houses,and this is where the tour went downhill for me.We were completely lost,and were literally driving round in circles,for what was quite a long time.This part of the tour was never going to be the highlight for me,but seeing the same streets half a dozen times made it worse.Then eventually and with great relief we set off to see the Gruman Chinese theatre and the walk of stars,this was quite good but very busy as you would expect.Not nearly enough time here.Then on to see the Hollywood sign,and this was now quite late into the afternoon,I must say I expected better,we were miles away,I thought we were going to be up a lot closer than that,and no sooner had we got off the bus,and I mean no more than 10 minutes,we were being rushed back on because we were running late.Anyway,we set off on the long drive back.All in all I enjoyed most of the day,Down side,the tour of the stars homes,would have been bad enough had we known where we were going,let alone being completely lost in there.Up side,I met another solo traveller on the trip and my holiday just got better from then on.I must say to quality tours,make sure that your tour guides have the knowledge of the whole tour before sending them out with the fare paying public,a lot of wasted time because of being lost.

Visited July 2013
greg13, Owner at Quality Tours of Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you posting your feedback. We're glad you had a good day out with Gabriela and Jackie. They're a great team and we receive a lot of good feedback. With regards to the celebrity home tour, it seems there was a misunderstanding. Although you may have noticed the same route more than once, it wasn't because anyone was lost. We occasionally receive special requests to visit the homes of certain celebrities, and if the home is missed during the drive-by (especially if it's a first time visit), then the driver has to circle back around the same route again, rather than make an illegal u-turn. The route was not part of the regular tour, however since there was some extra time, Gabriela and Jackie thought it would be a good opportunity to make some tour guests happy with a special visit to certain homes.

We now provide 2 lookout views of the Hollywood Siqn (one is on Mulholland Drive and the other is from a building off Hollywood Blvd). We're the only tour company that offer this many opportunities to view the sign. Our private SUV tours do offer a closer view because they're the only vehicles that are allowed access to a very narrow road leading to the sign.
belfast
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Awful we got lost and I mean way lost. Honest review save your money and stay away!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This is is the email I sent quality tours about our awful trip. I give them 28 days to give me feedback on their investigation but I keep gettin the brush off that a supervisor will be in touch. Needless to say we are still waiting. We are now looking to see if we can take this matter further. If anyone wants more info please email me and def believe me when I say this trip was so bad!!!

I'm am sure many people from the LA tour yesterday will contact you about the trip. I have never had such a bad experience on a tour before. It started so well the guy who picked was engaging and very friendly he however didn't come on the tour with us. The tour guide we had Gaberilla knew very little or nothing about LA she pointed out so few interesting sights and didn't say one word coming home. She lacked clear knowledge and was very hard to understand and hear at times. We should have known we were in trouble when she bought maps in the rest stop. The rest stop was also an awful decision very dirty with only 1 toilet I am sure there are better along that route.

We had booked the Warner brothers tour but we were told there was a 2 hr wait and we decided sadly to forget this. 1 couple didn't and later told us the wait was 7mins. I'm not saying the tour guide was lying but I don't understand how when she walked the couple into Warner brothers se didn't then realise there was no such wait and pass this onto us. The tour guide told us we made the right decision to leave warners as we would see do much more- little did we know this was so wrong.
We got lost going to Santa Monica and I mean really lost. Over 1.5hrs! A fellow passenger and a worker had to use their gps to find our way out. We got 1hr in Santa Monica and then for lunch at 3pm. There was no chat from your staff to us to tell us anything about rodeo drive. We didn't even know how to find it, I had to ask someone on the street. After lunch were told we had 30mins but to wait as they had a surprise. We all waited the tour guide said "why you all still here you now only have 20mins". So we had 20 mins on rodeo drive. Very little pointed out then we arrived at Chinese theatre. Again we had 20mins we again asked random people how to find handprints. Our tour guide went shopping.
Finally to add more misery onto the group we got lost again on the way. People were so angry and upset we were actually thinking was it a wind up. Honestly you would not believe the tension on the bus.
I have ever been on such a bad tour, what a waste of our time and hard earned money.
I'm also requesting a partial refund as the trip did not meet what was advertised in any way. Please stop these 3 girls taking tours it will put you out of business.

4 Thank fussygirl06
greg13, Owner at Quality Tours of Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Our apologies that your experience wasn't pleasant for you. Your patience was appreciated with regards to the supervisor's response. We did keep touch with you through email as we waited patiently for all tour guests from the Jul 2nd tour to respond to our questionnaire. Surprisingly, not all the responses were negative. Some guests expressed their understanding that the driver (Jackie) and tour guide (Gloria) for Jul 2nd were new and had to face some unexpected challenges. Other guests had higher expectations regardless of the circumstances.

The traffic in L.A. was more extreme than usual, and using alternate routes resulted in a few wrong turns, but for the most part, the tour itinerary was completed. Because of the last minute route change, the rest stops were not the usual places. The tour guide was most certainly distracted, not having experienced these types of challenges before, which explains why she was not as informative as she could have been.

We would like to clarify that there was a misunderstanding with regards to the Warner Bros VIP tour. There was no real wait time. The time between arrival at Warner Bros Studios and the VIP tour is offset with lunch at Warner Bros Cafe. Our apologies if this information was misunderstood.

Also, the stopover on Rodeo Drive was not too much shorter than usual. Although you were only given 20 minutes, the itinerary usually only allows for 30 to 40 minutes. The Rodeo Drive stopover is mainly just to check out the boutiques. The stopover on Hollywood Blvd was more in the range of 40 minutes (regular time is 1 hour) and although the tour guide was quite distracted and may not have conveyed all the details, she would've gladly explained where the hand prints were located had she been asked this question before hand.

Since there was so much tension on the bus (as mentioned in your review) perhaps the level of communication lacked on both ends. Regardless, we do apologize again that the level of service was not at it's usual high standard. Although Jackie and Gloria had a rough time out on Jul 2nd, they've since become the new Hollywood tour A-team. We now receive tremendous feedback for their continuing great service and we anticipate their level of service will continue to be top notch for years to come.

A $100 gift voucher has been issued to you for your inconvenience. We'd like another opportunity to take you out to Hollywood for a better tour experience next time you're in Vegas.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Had an Amazing Time on the Hollywood Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was such a long, tiring day, but sooo worth it. My Mother and I booked a week long vacation to Las Vegas and decided to do the Hollywood tour the second day of our trip. After looking at many tour companies online before we left, Quality Tours looked like the most exciting option, most of the reviews on here were positive and they did not disappoint. Quality Tours provided almost everything they promoted on their website.

We were picked up from our hotel around 6:10am in a clean, comfortable SUV, which brought us to another hotel where our shuttle bus was waiting. There were 17 guests on board and since we were one of the last to arrive my Mother and I were sitting at the back of the shuttle bus. Right from the beginning our tour guide, Gabriella, mentioned that the back of the bus can become hot due to the A/C unit and had advised us that if we became too hot, we could take her seat up front. She also mentioned that due to recent changes, we were not able to get as close to the Hollywood sign as promoted on the website. As of the beginning of July, groups of 6 or more were no longer able to go the the regular viewing area, but Gabriella did everything she could to get us the best view possible.

We were provided a drink and muffin for our breakfast. Throughout our ride to LA, Gabriella kept checking in on us to see if we were too hot or needed any drinks. Both our driver Jackie and tour guide Gabriella were amazing. Gabriella provided a lot of history about Las Vegas and LA and it was fun to learn more about these two cities. She also gave us great information on places we should see/do while in Vegas. We first stopped at the California boarder to take pictures at the state sign. Gabriella took photos for all of the passangers. We had a few rest stops and finally made it to the Santa Monica Pier. Gabrielola took our orders for the Cheeswecake factory and then we were given about 45 minutes at the pier and it was great to be by the ocean again. After that we went to eat lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. The food was amazing and did not disappoint. Eating at the Cheesecake factory was a big reason why I booked with Quality Tours as other companies only provided sandwiches on the bus. Quality Tours also promotes on their website that at the Cheesecake factory we would be sitting in the VIP section where "all the celebrities like to eat - they called it lunch with the stars" So when I booked I really thought "Yeah right" but as soon as we sat down for lunch, I looked to my left and there was Cee Lo Green sitting right beside us!! It was pretty cool. We all sat together but there was not enough room for Gabriella to sit so she stood and ate her food without complaint. I felt bad for her but she wanted to make sure we were all really happy with the service.

After we ate, we were given about 30 minutes to shop on Rodeo drive. After that we were taken to Hollywood Blvd but along the way Grabriella was pointing out historic landmarks of LA which made me realize I actually need to do a trip to LA just to visit all of the amazing places we were passing by. Since Gabriella wanted to make sure that we got to see the Hollywood sign as best as we could she took us to a mall to get our first view, after that we went to the Gruaman's Chinese Thearte and Hollywood Walk of Fame. Grabriella also pointed out great suvenier shops that had the best prices. Once were were done there we were taken up Mulholland drive to get another view of the Hollywood sign.

Once done on Mulholland drive we started our way back to Vegas. On the way back, Gabriella sat at the back of the bus with a map and was doing up cards for all of the passengers listing all of the attractions around Vegas that she was mentioning earlier that we should all try to visit.

I just want to say that Jackie, our driver, was amazing! I felt so safe with her behind the wheel and she was so pleasant the whole day. She really was trying to get everyone excited for the day ahead. With the amount of driving that she did that day (downtown LA and LA traffic on the way back) It really blew my mind at how hard she works and how much she actually enjoys her job! Gabriella was just as great! She provided a lot of information regarding all the places we passed and really tried to make sure everyone got the experience they wanted.

After reading some of the not so great reviews on here, I really wished those people could have been on our bus and had the same experience that my Mother and I had.

Thanks Quality Tours for such an Amazing Day!!

4 Thank Riki M
Thank you for the "amazing" review. It's so refreshing to read such elaborate and heart-warming feedback. Jackie and Gloria have become the new A-team. Considering the challenges they had to face when they both first starting doing tours with us, they've both since become experts on the Hollywood tour in such a short period of time.

The Vegas to Hollywood tour is by the far the most challenging tour for any driver and tour guide to learn. They must face challenges on a regular basis. For instance, traffic shifts around from street to street at inconsistent times. Gaining experience en route while learning how to dodge traffic can be a lengthy process. Also, the narrow road leading to the Hollywood Sign also poses some challenges for a new driver trying their best to get up close during rush hour. It's also a big challenge for new tour guides having to learn a lot about Hollywood history and culture, while gaining experience on providing a high level of service to our tour guests. It certainly helps that Greg, being the number one Hollywood tour operator, has trained them to do the tour they way he knows best, but it also helps that Jackie and Gloria have a lot of experience and charisma of their own, which made it possible for them to be so successful at what they do. We're fortunate to have them on our team and anticipate their level of service will continue to be top notch for years to come.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Tour Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I visit Las Vegas once a year and this year we decided to take a tour to Hollywood. After checking many websites, we decided on Quality tours because of all the positive reviews we read especially about Greg. We played phone tag and e-mail tag during booking and confirmation but you have to realize they are a private company and you are not the only customer. We were picked up about 6am and we were absolutely delighted that Greg was going to be our tour guide. We were picked up in a Lincoln suv and had only one other couple to pick-up which they were a delight.
We began our journey to Hollywood and about an hour into the trip Greg pulled over at the Welcome to California sign for pictures and so we could stretch our legs and grab a muffin & juice. The trip to Hollywood is long and traffic was more congested than I expected which does take time to maneuver through but Greg did a fantastic job driving and made it go faster by pointing out different sites along the way and stopped several times for breaks.
Our first stop was Santa Monica beach, Wow, what a beautiful beach! We then headed to the Cheese Cake Factory for lunch, they were ready for us we sat down and were served immediately. The food was excellent. We were then able to walk Rodeo drive and spend some time in a serene park adjacent to Rodeo drive. We left Rodeo drive on the way to Hollywood, along the way Greg would point out and explain different points of interest. Greg dropped us off on Hollywood blvd to see the walk of fame, theatres, etc. This area was jammed with people, reminded us of New York City didn't expect it to be so crowded.Off we headed to the sign passing several stars homes, got great pics at the sign and views of the city. Now back to Vegas.
This tour was everything we had hoped it would be and more. My wife and I would like to thank Greg for making this tour so enjoyable, everything that peiople had said about Greg is true he is a wealth of knowledge and makes the trip fun and exciting. Thanks for the memories!!!!

Rich & Dana
Pittsburgh, Pa

6 Thank Richard R
Thank you for the "great" review. It's always a treat to hear how much everyone enjoys Greg's tour. Being the number one Hollywood tour operator, Greg certainly knows Hollywood, especially since he's been doing the tour for over 7 years.

We're glad you enjoyed lunch at the Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hills (which is our signature feature included in the tour package). It includes over 30 lunch items to choose from (chicken, turkey, pork, meatloaf, fish & chips, sandwiches, burgers, pizzas, pastas, salads, soups, and much more), including any beverage of choice, and the portions are quite large. We posted the menu in the Vegas to Hollywood tour page on our website for those that wish to take a first hand look. You're also welcome to make side-dish substitutions for people that prefer to eat healthier. It truly is a fabulous lunch, with it's posh decor, and it is a popular celebrity eatery. This is why we named it "Celebrity for the day tour" featuring "Lunch with the Stars" at the Cheesecake Factory, and "Shopping with the Stars" on Rodeo Drive.

We're also pleased to say that as a privately owned company, we feel we're able to deliver a more personalized service to our tour guests. We've since hired new drivers and tour guides (like Jackie and Gloria) that were trained by Greg, and we're happy to say that they too have been able to deliver the same top notch tour to our guests. As an expanding tour company, we want to be absolutely certainly we continue to provide that personalized service that we take with extreme pride.