“great hearty Korean dishes”
Review of Ginseng 3 - CLOSED

Ginseng 3
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Living in a small city I was happy to see Ginseng 3 which describes its menu as Korean Chinese and Japanese. In my trips there, its main strength is Korean and the staff are clearly Korean. The Japanese tempura and sushi were ok and there were only a handful of Chinese dishes that one can find at a typical buffet. The prices are comparable to most restaurants in the area BUT it is much more quiet which is great for conversation. They have a limited selection of wines and beers. Overall service is fast, ambiance is good. If you are unfamiliar with Korean popular music (all the rage in China, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan and Vietnam), you will get a taste for it on the flat screen which features recent videos of contemporary groups and singers.

FWIW the staff were very accommodating when my party of 5 had to split the bill. They were very understanding and worked to make the bill sort out in a fair manner. (I may have been lucky b/c I brought several colleagues on several trips there during my stay).

I highly recommend this place!

1  Thank Jerrzbear

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Their food is ok - expensive though. But I still choose the buffet against this restaurant. The bad experience we had:
My husband and I ordered 2 entre' from their menu and found out that it is no longer available. So frustrated and hungry. The waiter said to me that "their menu was messed up". That excuse is very frustrating. The waiter and the manager was not apologetic at all. Just didn't care at all! Very unprofessional. We left and cancel our other orders. To me, this restaurant is nothing compared to the restaurants in other hotel. So, Never again!!

Reviewed June 18, 2011

We heard this place was so good, so we were anxious to try it out. Really, it was nothing special. Go next door to Quesadillas. That place was yummy!

Reviewed March 20, 2011

We had our daughters wedding reception booked through Ginsing 3. They put us in a seperate room for no additional charge. The food was spectacular, the cost was reasonable and the service was amazing.
I had never had Korean food before but I truely loved it. I would recommend that anyone booking a wedding at the Imperial Palace check with Ginsing 3 about hosting the reception. They will set you up right.

1  Thank donnamayj
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I just arrived from a weekend trip to Las Vegas with my wife and felt compelled to come and write a review about Ginseng 3 located at Imperial Palace.

We had spent most of the day touring the strip and saw countless restaurants but my wife had her heart set on some Chinese food so I decided to search for one. We saw advertisements for Ginseng 3 and settled on it because the food looked fabulous in the flyers we received.

We arrived at the Imperial Palace at around 8pm. We rode two elevators to find this secluded restaurant. Upon arrival, we found that there was not a single customer in the place, but against my better judgment and the fact that my wife was very hungry, we decided to go in and try it out.

The restaurant itself is bright, relatively clean and modern. It features average tables and chairs, and some laminate flooring. Every table receives a small bowl of pickled condiments and spinach. I ordered a beer, which came with a glass that could only fit about a 1/3 of it at any one time.

The menu has about 40 or 50 different dishes, but there is no common theme or price range. The menus have a poor description of the foods, sometimes only 2 or 3 words in length. The entrees start at about $8.99 and go all the way up to around $50! I was thinking about the bbq ribs, but at $34.99 a plate I figured this restaurant was way out of its league considering many nicer places cost about the same. My wife ordered a beef and broccoli dish, and I got Shrimp soup. Then the food arrived...

My shrimp soup came with noodles, one piece of battered shrimp, and some type of fish cake that looked like a piece of battered sponge floating in the broth. The shrimp batter started flaking off before I began eating my bowl and the fish cake crumbled and flopped around when I attempted to pick it up. Soon after, it seemed like I was eating a bowl of floating soggy batter, and you can imagine how appetizing that can be. To make matters worse, the noodles were soggy, making it seem like they had sat for a long time.

My wife's dish was equally awful. Small portions were the special of the day, but for what little we did receive the beef was tough to chew and the rice was somewhat slimy. She ate a few bites and left the plate, while I struggled through my dish until we had enough and decided to call it quits. The waiter, though friendly, either failed to pick up on the fact that we had barely ate our food or didn't care, since it seemed like this is a family owned place and they didn't want to incur the loss. We promptly got the bill, paid it and made a pledge never to enter this place again.

With the thousands of restaurants, buffets, and food stands located in Vegas, you would be hard pressed to find a worse place to eat, in my opinion. All of the buffets we went to had fresher foods and better service, while the restaurants we visited were similarly priced and had much better food. I would definitely not visit this place again.

1  Thank topher91