“Best off-strip experience in Vegas”
Review of Hike This! Private Tours - CLOSED

Hike This! Private Tours
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Neil from Hike This Las Vegas is a great guide. I am a repeat customer and every trip with Neil is outstanding. He plans each trip based on the customer skill and interest level. Transportation from my hotel to the trail head, water, food, backpack were all included in the low price. Best money you can spend while in Vegas. Great way to get off the strip.

All reviews
in 36 reviews
"scenery"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed November 11, 2010

Neil is the BEST! My wife and I have used Hike This on two occasions and had a great time. Neil will cater to your physical abilities (even push you a little) to maximize the experience. I will return to Red Rocks every time I come to Vegas - and use Hike This as my guide.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

Booked a hike for a group of 6 adults on 19 October via email from the UK, recommend booking early.
Hiked approx 6.5 miles taking in ever changing scenery. You would never guess this wilderness is just 30 mins from the Strip.
Neil picked us up outside our Hotel at 9.00am and was the perfect guide making sure the hike catered for all abilities. He is very knowlegable about the area. We were recommended to wear trainers, hats and sunscreen but Neil provided water, backpacks, additional sunscreen and snacks.
We were very curious about the Burrows who inhabit this area but did not see any during our walk. After finishing the hike he drove us to an area he knew where they were likely to be and we were delighted to be able take photos and pet them but not to feed them as this is not allowed.
Neil dropped us off at our hotel around 2.00pm.
We would thoughly recommend Hike This a great way to get some fresh air and see natural scenery. We will do it again when we return to Vegas. Thanks Neil. for a great day.

1  Thank eggie
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We went on a Rock Scramble with Neil on October 14, 2010. I decided to book this after reading all of the awesome reviews on Trip Advisor. There aren't any words to describe this adventure so I will just say it was the highlight of our trip!! It's definately a challenge but one worth taking! Once you get up to the top you feel great!! It has the most spectacular views. If you are looking for something out of the norm of the typical Las Vegas experience BOOK THIS!!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My wife and I can't say enough about our rock scramble in Red Rock Canyon. I am 47 and my wife WAS 44....(no she's not dead)....she turned 45 a couple of days later....lol. We are from Ontario and the scenery at Red Rock was amazing. Once Neil gets you off the beaten path it becomes very quiet. All we could hear was the gusts of wind.....coming from my lungs. Neil is very knowledgeable and you can tell by spending those few hours with him that he is a very warm and kind person. At one point we got a beautiful view of Sin City. There is not enough space to tell you how beautiful it is when you get high above the trails and roads other than to say "Breathtaking"! Neil takes his time and works to your pace. We are planning to do another scramble on our next visit back. I would at this time like to say thanks to Neil for an incredible time & thank you for the pictures on the disk you took of us.....they are quite good! (Neil takes some pictures and delivers them to your hotel the next day!)
I would recommend:
- Book well in advance
- Good hiking shoes
- Hat
- Sunscreen
- Sunglasses
- Depending on your fitness level, determines the routes you will take
This is a MUST do for anyone who likes the outdoors/hiking!

2  Thank TonyandTammy