“Highly Recommend! Great Outdoor Experience!”

Hike This! Private Tours
Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Highly Recommend! Great Outdoor Experience!”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My wife and I booked this trip last spring, as based on Trip Advisor, this was something we wanted to do. Neil contacted us and the booking was made. He called our hotel in Vegas to arrange things and showed up promptly at 7:30am to pick us up. We drove to Red Rock Canyon and chose the hike as opposed to the rock scramble. So in 100F(40C) weather predicted, we set off and had an absolutely fabulous time.
When you meet Neil it seems like you have known him for years. He soft spoken, courteous and has a natural love of the outdoors and people. He takes care of all the little things for the hike and is a breath of fresh air from the fast paced and party atmosphere of the Vegas Strip.
The only word of caution is that we did 6 miles(10km) on uneven and rough terrain at up to 5000ft above sea level and by noon it was about 100F, so if you plan to do this, you should have at least a moderate level of physical conditioning(or chose the rock scramble) as even Neil was sweating and puffing at the end.
However, that would be the only word of caution as otherwise would certainly not hesitate to recommend "Hike It " and when we are in Vegas again will be "Repeat " customers of Neils!

1 Thank nhlguy

London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A Simply Brilliant Adventure”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My wife and myself had a tour with Neil on Monday 20th September 2010. I can not describe in words how excellent the rock scrambling was and Neil (the guide) himself.

If you are at all into hiking or doing something different then this is a must. Neil only does private tours and everything himself, from picking you up from your hotel, supplying each of you with rucksacks, water, suntan lotion, chapsticks and even a flannel and cap. This is a very personal service but he is funny yet polite and charming throughout.

We did the tour at midday but even in the heat it was fine. The Rock Scrambling was a challenge but Neil goes through all the steps clearly, though he makes it look so easy. He always had alternative routes should anything be too difficult for us.

I recommend booking in advance as he gets booked quite quickly. Having said that he is excellent at accommodating guests and squeezed us in at late notice.

There were no negative aspects to this and was without doubt our highlight of Las Vegas.

Another positive aspect was that he also takes pictures from great points during the tour and then e-mails all the pictures for free.

Tams.

Jackson, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Absolutely Incredible!!!! This...”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Absolutely Incredible!!!!
This experience is difficult to put into words. We did the rock scramble, Neil's most popular trip on Sept 15, 2010. He picked us up at 7am and drove us to Red Rock Canyon National Park. We parked there and went on the "hike". Let me tell you, this isn't a stroll through the canyon looking at the pretty scenery. No doubt the scenery is absolutely amazing, but this is a physically challenging climb up the mountain. It was doable both for my wife and me, neither one of us are athletes, but we are also not couch
potatoes. So be ready for a physical and mental challenge. At the end, we were quite pleased of our accomplishment.
As for Neil, our guide and owner of this outfit, I just can't say enough good things without it appearing unreal. First, even before our trip, he sent me a refund for part of the fee because I had overpaid. That gave me insight to his honestly and character. He is very soft spoken, easygoing, friendly, unintimidating, accommodating, and interesting person I've met in quite some time. Let me tell you, he knows Red Rock Canyon like the back of his hand. He immediately will gain your trust that he'll get you to the "goal" and back safely. He provided us with water and snacks which tasted great after climbing the side of a mountain!!! My only gripe was that he made me carry too many bottles of water!!!
In conclusion, this was a true adventure by my definition, and I would do it again in a heartbeat, only if Neil was my guide.
Thank You Neil for a great day.

Indianapolis, Indiana
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The best thing I have ever done in Vegas!”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I can honestly say this was the most enjoyable thing I have ever done while visiting Las Vegas. Neil was an amazing guide. He not only knows about the geography of the area and how to go about climbing properly, he is a hell of a nice guy! From the start, we all felt we had known him for a long time. He called all of us by name, and you could tell he was very professional from the start. We did the scramble and were not really sure what we were about to experience. He assured us the scramble was the right choice for all five of us, and we would be able to handle the challenge.

He was incredibly prepared. Not only did he have water and snacks, he had items we had forgotten. In our case this was a couple of hats and lip balm. He made sure to point out geographical features and other points of interest. As I stated before he really knows his stuff.

He made sure our pace was right for all five of us in our group. We rested when needed and continued when appropriate.

Neil took photos of our adventure and delivered the discs for those in our party the following day. Talk about quick turn around. The cds were waiting at the front desk of our hotel before 10 am the following day.

I can't say enough about how impressed I was with Hike This!

Neil is an awesome individual, and we are already planning our next trip with Hike This!

I know Vegas is about gambling and such but if you do not include this activity while visiting, you are truly missing a phenomenal life experience.

1 Thank indybrad
Durham, United Kingdom
“This is a 'must do' while you are in Vegas!”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Before our trip to Vegas we discovered 'Hike This' on trip advisor. From our initial email to Neil he was great. Two of our group of four had not done rock scrambling before so we asked his advice, he told us we would see the best views if we did the scramble rather than the hike - he was not kidding! He also advised he had routes for most levels of fitness which put our minds at rest.

We were collected from our hotel at 6:30am as in the July heat you can't scramble much later than 10am. Neil provided us with backpacks which had water and several other essentials in, from our journey to the canyon we all felt comfortable with him. He is a very friendly person who told us lots of interesting information about Red Rock Canyon and the Las Vegas area.

From the start of our scramble we were confident he would take us the best way and felt safe as he had a vast knowledge of the routes. We all felt comfortable in his company, he was vary easy to get on with right from the start and we all had a good laugh during our scramble. The views were amazing when we got to the top of Red Cap , we could see the strip in the distance. Coming down was a lot harder than going up but we all felt like we had achieved something good when we were finished. We are reasonably fit but you use muscles you would not normally use so be prepared to ache A LOT for a couple of days after your scramble!

To top it all off after our trip to the canyon Neil was kind enough to call at a couple of shops on the way back to our hotel so we could look for some new hiking shoes, he is a genuinely nice man who seems like he would do anything to help you if he could. We would definitely recommend 'Hike This' to anyone who likes a challenge and would like to get away from the strip to one of the most peaceful places we have ever been to!