“Unbelievably fun! Can't wait to do it again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hike This! Private Tours

Hike This! Private Tours
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Unbelievably fun! Can't wait to do it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

We found Neil and Hike This! here on Trip Advisor about 2 weeks before our trip to Las Vegas in late January. We wanted to try something different this trip and we were so glad we did! It was so convenient to be picked up at our hotel, no rental car needed. He had everything we needed; backpacks, water, snacks, even lip balm and hand sanitizer! He had thought of everything! Neil is friendly and fun to hike with. We did the rock scramble at his suggestion, and it was amazing! My husband and I have never done anything quite like this before, and were a little nervous when Neil showed us where our scramble was going to start. But within a few minutes, we had made it up the rocks! We would never have had the courage to try this alone, but Neil made it easy! He took about 40 action shots of us with his camera, and even took pictures of us with our camera. Within 3 days of our hike, we received a CD of all of the pictures and 2 hats. We will do this every time we go to Vegas from now on!

NY
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Wonderful, Unique Las Vegas Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

Neil arranged for a rock scramble for myself and three friends. It was a little misty, but we decided to go ahead with the hike. A storm was moving in over the canyon, and it started to rain. We hiked for about 1.5 hours before it became too slippery to continue.

Mind you, this entire we were having a blast, with our backpacks provided by Neil (including water, snacks, tissues, gloves rain gear etc...) and the rain and trying to scramble up and over. What fun - even if we were all muddy and soaking wet.

When Neil dropped us off - he refused payment at all, saying our trip really wasn't a full out journey that we had agreed on. NO WAY! We had a great time - we scrambled and toured the canyon, he provided transportation and awesome guide service, food snacks and water. We finally insisted on a compromise.

Our driver from the airport told us we were silly to hire a guide - that we should just rent a car and do the drive ourselves. There is no way we would have ever found the trails and paths Neil led us - and certainly no way we would have found our way back to our car. There are no marked trails nor maps for the rock area.

What a great trip, great guy and guide and memories (and mud) to last a long time.

Highly recommended.

Montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hike This LV- Guaranteed to be the best experience in Vegas!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

My husband and I have had the fortune of hiking with Neil 5 or 6 times. We keep returning to Vegas to see what new challenging hikes and breathtaking views he has in store for us. Neil is professional, experienced and knowledgeable. He also happens to be hilarious and has us laughing throughout much of our hikes. He is able to determine your level of comfort and works from there. Having returned so many times, Neil has also had some surprises in store for us (such as a mini Birthday Cake at the summit!). I can't say enough about the unparalleled experience of hiking in Red Rock with such a fun, qualified and skillful guide. You will NOT be disappointed and you will keep coming back for more!HikeThisLasVegas is by far the best experience you will have on or off the strip!!

1 Thank SvetlanaMontreal
Philadelphia, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great break from the strip--terrific guide and experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

My wife and I went on a challenging mountain scramble with Neil and had a great time. Neil couldn't have been a better guide and was great to talk with. The route he took us on was challenging and unique--there is no way a novice hiker could find this route on their own. Not to mentioned Neil provided patient, but useful instruction on the safest way up and down the route. Highly recommended!

Alberta, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highlight of My Vegas Vacation - Absolutly amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

I had the most amazing experience hiking in the Red Rock Canyon just outside of Las Vegas. I have been to Las Vegas 8 times and this was the highlight of my vegas trips. It was the best money that I have spent in Vegas yet. Awesome deal!

me inside my comfort level. He went above and beyond in all aspects of the adventure. The one on one was great for me as I felt that I did not have to keep up with anyone. The lunch that he provided was excellent, awesome photos that I got after with a personalized disc.

I think that everyone (all fitness and skill levels) could enjoy the challenge of a hike or scramble in the Red Rocks! Don't think twice about this one - just do it! It will be the highlight of your trip!