“unexpected jewel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel32 at Monte Carlo
Ranked #20 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“unexpected jewel”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

my sister was planning her birthday celebration in vegas and her husband chose monte carlo. i go to vegas a lot, but i usually stay at MGM with a comp. i called monte carlo just days before, and i was able to use a comp at hotel 32.

even though this is the penthouse, i was literally floored by the accommodations. the suite was as nice as any high end resort in vegas (wynn, encore, venetian, bellagio, renovated mgm, etc...).

my favorite aspect of the suite was the shower! felt like i was bathing in a waterfall. the staff is very accommodating. the lounge was always stocked with snacks and beverages. i could not have asked for a better experience and i will certainly return here again in the future.

5 Thank Jaime B
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hi Jaime B!

Thank you for your comments and happy birthday to your sister! We are honored that you chose to celebrate with us and thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations at the hotel! Many of our guests find LOUNGE32 convenient and we are happy that you were able to take advantage of it during your stay. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed at Hotel 32 for a business trip to Vegas. It was my first visit to Hotel 32 but certainly the best stay I've had in Vegas. The spacious and exceptionally clean Studio Room was comfortable and quiet. The Suite Assistants were courteous, pleasant, and went out of their way to be helpful. And the Lounge was the icing on the cake. There's no question my next stay in Vegas, for business or pleasure will start with reservations at Hotel 32.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lyonsaw
Hi lyonsaw!

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Studio and found it comfortable during your recent business trip! It is also great to see that you had a great experience with our Suite Assistants as well. Again, your comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Ventura, California
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel 32 ( our 5 th time ) just as with our previous stay they went above and beyond to make our stay exceptional! We went out for a Thanksgiving get together with our family, there were 12 of us and we felt as though we were the only people in the building. Ask for ice, it's there. Need plates, hang up the phone and the door bell rings with them. Our room overlooked the pool and the Aria resort and we had beautiful sunset views and could look down the strip. All in all it was one of the best stays we have had.

Room Tip: There are no 'bad rooms' but if you can get a loft or a penthouse, well worth the extra mone...
Hi Hans T!

Thank you for your comments and your loyalty! We are excited to see that you had a great experience and enjoyed the view from your room during your recent visit! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again soon!

Kalaheo, Hawaii
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My husband and I spend quite a bit of Las Vegas for work and wanted to try something a little different when we went out for my 40th birthday in October. We spent two nights in one of the Pents and had a ball entertaining in the unit we were given. By far the best part of the room was the shower, with its various wall jets and rainwater overhead. I think my husband took 4 showers a day he loved it so much. I also appreciated the small touches including handmade chocolates with turndown service and fresh fruit and treats left in the living room. The one issue we had was with the tv's. We had a wall of 4 in the main room and it took awhile to figure out how to get them on and onto different channels. Eventually we got it, but felt a little like technology overkill. Decor was modern but did not feel too cold or harsh.

As mentioned in other reviews service was great. We took advantage of the hospitality room for breakfast as well as late afternoon snacks and the folks working the room were friendly and quick. It was a great option as I am not a big breakfast person, and a mimosa and yogurt or fruit was nice. The concierge was also very helpful setting up a pool cabana and some special transportation we needed for a friend's wedding. They also seemed friendlier than concierges we have dealt with at other hotels.

Overall we enjoyed our visit, and found Hotel 32 a great bargain compared to what most other suites go for in Las Vegas. I will definitely stay there again in the future, as the rooms are nice, the location at the center of the Strip excellent and service left nothing to be desired. If you are looking for an upscale experience without breaking the bank I definitely recommend Hotel 32.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Strip.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jenz99
Hi Jenz99!

Thank you for your comments and happy birthday! We are honored that you chose to celebrate with us and thrilled to see that you enjoyed the room features and hotel accommodations during your stay! We are also happy to hear that you had a great experience with our staff as well. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon!

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife found Hotel 32 on the Internet in an article about the best kept secret in Las Vegas.

It proved to be a true statement.

In general H32 was an excellent place to stay. The staff were attentive and eager to help in any way possible. Breakfasts and dinners were always good and the staff very attentive. The offer of a mimosa in the morning was a nice touch. A nice quiet place to wind down for a while in the evenings.

And speaking of quiet, or lack thereof, the restaurants we went to in the hotel were so loud we could not hold a decent conversation. That will probably keep me from returning to either one on our next trip. I prefer a noise level low enough that I can relax and enjoy my evening meal. If that is not on the "menu" I'll find a restaurant that delivers it.

I was less that satisfied with the room amenities, but not for reasons most would be.

First though the rooms were excellent overall.

The room had a chaise lounge for seating. That piece of furniture, while trying to make the room look upscale is a waste of space. I could not sit on it and be comfortable, and only one person can sit on it a a time. A small sofa or table with two chairs would be more appropriate. Tall backs on the seating would be appreciated as not everyone is 5'-2" tall.

They need a light outside the closet. It is difficult to discern the difference in dark colored clothes and into the wall safe. A minor problem, but on that should be dealt with.

Small stuff, but important to some.

I recommend staying at this hotel. I almost don't want to because if it becomes too popular it will be harder to get a reservation.

We have already decided to stay here during future visits to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: We prefer a non-strip view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Krytter
Hi Krytter!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear that you found our staff attentive and enjoyed your room during your stay! Your comments are greatly appreciated as they allow us to improve and evaluate the experiences we create for our guests. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future!

colorado
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Perfect in every sense of the word! Limo was waiting when we arrived and from there on 100%perfect! Gracious service throughout our stay. Thank you to Sonia, Amber, and Oscar who took great care of us! We had 3 rooms one connecting to a loft. Beautiful furnishings and very spacious. Hospitality room was clean and comfortable. Great light breakfast and dinner snacks. I am very picky and the rooms were clean and spacious. Grandparents joined us second day and with wheel chair assistance they loved this hotel floor. Thank you hotel 32 for a great stay! Son turned 21 while we were there and was treated to chocolates, mimosas and a ton of fun! We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Choose loft room so nice!!!
1 Thank beatle15
Hi beatle15!

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and happy birthday to your son! We are excited to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel during your stay! We are also happy to see that you had a great experience with our staff and thrilled to share your kind words with them. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We're not frequent Vegas visitors. We don't gamble and aren't enamored of the Vegas experience. I recently attended a convention in Vegas and when I began planning the trip, I was looking for a nice hotel with a concierge or club level experience. A little bit of research led me to a Forbes.com article about this undiscovered gem, Hotel 32. I believe Forbes described it as one of Vegas' best kept secrets. Forbes got it right! Hotel 32 sits atop the Monte Carlo and although they style it as a boutique hotel, it acts more like the club level of the Monte Carlo. The difference is irrelevant. The room was clean and well appointed. It was also virtually sound proof! The only time we could hear any noise was when we were in the bathroom or near the room's door. We had a great view of the MGM and NY NY. Our only issue with the room was the bathroom lacked a fan or a place to hang your towel near the shower. The bathroom had a phone (who uses this?) but no fan. Housekeeping and turn down were exactly as they are supposed to be. The room was clean every time we walked in. We never needed to ask for anything; it was anticipated and taken care of. Housekeeping would restock our refrigerator each day with more bottles of water. Turn down would leave us some chocolaty treats, replace towels and fill our ice bucket.

The lounge was pleasant, but be advised that the food offerings were modest compared with other club level lounges. There was one hot item for breakfast and a few cold offerings. In the evening, they'd serve one hot appetizer and a few cold items. There was also a small dessert. The food was put away by 8:00 and there were no snacks during the afternoon. That said, the food was very good. We were actually quite impressed with the quality and the staff continued re-stocking food making sure every guest had plenty. The lounge attendants were helpful without hovering.

Indeed, he service at Hotel 32 makes it worthy of your visit. Wow! The suite assistants are gracious and attentive without being obnoxious. They were well-humored and thoughtful. Good service has almost completely disappeared in our society; when you experience it, it's remarkable. In our experience, club level service can vary someplace between modest to excessive (as if they're hounding you). The suite assistants at Hotel 32 found exactly the right balance. One thing in particular we found helpful, the same assistants were there at the same time every day. They learned our names and were very gracious hosts.

We didn't spend much time in the Monte Carlo itself, so I can't speak to the hotel's amenities. However, the valets were lightning fast. The valets in the evening learned our names and welcomed us back each night. That's excellent training and fantastic service.

Lastly, because of a computer issue, we weren't able to check out on the 32 floor with the suite assistant and she directed us to the VIP lounge in the lobby. I had a question about my bill and the employee in the VIP lounge called for someone from the main desk to come assist me. Both women were exceptionally patient to help me and fantastically gracious.

You see what I'm saying? Our stay wasn't perfect, but the service was so superlative that I'm giving this property my highest commendation. Mistakes will happen at any hotel or restaurant. Nobody and nothing is perfect. But the staff of Hotel 32 (and the Monte Carlo) will treat you so well, you'll forget to be bothered by any minor inconvenience.

Room Tip: If you call the hotel as you're leaving the airport, they will have a bellman waiting for you as...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Slappy W
Hi Slappy W!

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the view from your room during your stay! We are also happy to know that you had a great experience with our staff and excited to share your kind words with them. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!