“More bang for your buck”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel32 at Monte Carlo
Ranked #24 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
London
“More bang for your buck”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I really can't speak highly enough of Hotel32. We'd been staying at the Bellagio on previous visits, but ended up spending most of our slot playing time in the Monte Carlo, so decided we'd take a look at their rooms............and discovered Hotel32.

Our flight was delayed and we were a little worried about the limo pick up. We needn't have been, He was there waiting to whisk us away to the hotel. We were greeted at the front door by Ed who took us straight up to Hotel32 and got us checked in.

Our room was a Loft suite, and was lovely....far lovelier than an equivalently priced suite at Bellagio. A total of 4 televisions with a very snazzy remote control! The shower and bath were a revelation too, with the mood lighting and all the different settings. We found the provision of soft drinks and coffee in the lounge was a god send. We usually head off upon arriveal to buy soft drinks and milk, having brought a travel kettle with us, but no need as it was all there in the lounge.

The suite assistants were very helpful. We'd phoned ahead to ask for show tickets, which had all been sorted out for us when we arrived. And on the one occasion that turn down hadn't happened, Roy sorted out a real chocolate treat for us to make up for the missing little chocolates usually left on the bed.

When we were leaving, our limo was a few minutes late, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful, telephoning the limo company and staying with us until it arrived (10 minutes late).

So, our experience was (as with most people reporting back on here) wonderful and we will definitely be going to Hotel32 on our next trip to Vegas.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LondonClaireW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Good value..buffet in hotel good..full up with à full english!.breakfast..See you right until dinner..good pool..lively pub..huge choice of beers..minus 5 ice bar fun..but expensive...cantinas bar Outside hotel lively

• Stayed October 2011
5 Thank dinothedog
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I get to Vegas a few times a year and, since Sept 2009, have stayed at 16 different hotels from Wynn on the North end of the strip to Mandalay Bay on the south end in 25 different room & suite types. Unlike the high rollers who stay in Vegas comped by the casinos, I’ve only taken two comps during my stays. Rather than worry about how much I’ll gamble, I research to find the best bargains possible and book as far as 7 months in advance. I stayed at Hotel32 in a Loft Suite 32-033 September 28 & 29, 2011 on a discounted rate found on twitter open to all called "TeamPREZ Getaway" which gave me 20% off the Loft Suite, 20% off at Brand, the Steakhouse, 20% Off Spa Service and 20% Off Minus5 (a specialty bar) Package.

Having enjoyed my previous stays at the Monte Carlo in the past, I had done extensive research on Hotel32, the boutique hotel on the top floor. I’ve stayed in Monte Carlo’s Monaco, Spa and Diamond suites and was really looking forward to seeing what they did with Hotel32. Was I ever impressed.

Two days before my arrival, I sent an email with my flight info and asked for an appointment to be set up at the salon for a haircut. I received a response from my “suite assistant”, Joel saying that everything was set. Sure enough, upon arrival at the airport, about 10:45AM, there was a limo driver with a Hotel32 sign. I only take carry-on with my on my Vegas trips and use the hotel laundry so there was no waiting for luggage. The driver took my carry-on and said “let’s get you home”. This attitude of making me feel at home was everywhere. Since was alone, I only expected a Town Car. Nope, it was a stretch limo. Upon arrival at the Monte Carlo, I checked in at the VIP lounge and they actually had the suite ready. I immediately went up to check out the new digs for the next two nights. As you can see from the pictures, it is modern and oh so cool. Rather than go on and on about the room, I’ll let the pictures do the talking and I’ll just write about what I liked or didn’t like…

First, the suite is very high tech. Buttons for this and that, but nothing too complicated. Since I go to Vegas often, I’m not in a rush and I do like to spend time in my room/suite as well as going out. This suite has four TVs (living area, dining area, bedroom and bathroom) and was the first suite that I was in that had a Blu-ray player. Since I didn’t bring any with me, I didn’t check it out. However, not only did the suite have the regular Monte Carlo cable, it also has the Direct TV satellite system. I don’t know how many channels it is, but whatever D-TV has can be found here. This is a great amenity whether you are watching one of the many different sports channels, or even for family viewing.

Next up is the coffee maker. I love my morning coffee and hate seeing anyone before I get my caffeine, and that includes room service. Well, this suite has a Jura coffee/espresso maker. The suite is stocked with fresh coffee beans and this machine grinds the beans just before brewing the coffee. I haven’t seen this on the strip before. There is milk in the fridge, but they will also put half & half in it if you ask.

While the bathroom has a Hydrotherapy soaking tub, I loved the shower, with its 8 different sprays of water, 4 from the ceiling, the regular shower head, and three more body sprays from the wall. All have the same force and quantity of spray. Ya, it has color and music settings, but just give me the “basic” water sprays. Now I know what a car in an automatic car wash feels like. Clean everywhere!

The bed was very comfortable what more do you need in a bedroom. I think there was a Blu-ray player there too, and yes this had Direct TV as well.

One nice thing about the room was that the windows were clean and they could also be opened a few inches. I like fresh air and there aren’t a lot of hotels with windows that actually open. Monte Carlo, Mirage on the lower floors and Tropicana all have the ability to open windows. Most of the hotels I’ve stayed in have floor to ceiling glass windows so they will not open.

Joel was my “Suite Assistant”. He did a great job as showing me around, picking up my laundry, making the appointment for my haircut (Rindy in the MC salon has cut my hair three times now and she always does a great job! Thanks Rindy you are the greatest), answering any questions, and making arrangements for my departure. He’s been in the business for years and it shows. Thank you, Joel.

There is also a special “Lounge 32” on the floor which has minor morning (7 to 10 or 11) and evening (4 to 8?) finger foods as well as coffee, water and soft drinks all day long. My first night they had lobster puffs and the second night was some sort of Chinese bun with one a bit of sushi. In the morning, there was quiche and some salmon as well. These are finger foods and not meant to substitute as a meal although some think it does. Oscar does a terrific job at maintaining the lounge during the evening and he can get you whatever you might like. If you prefer spirits, they have that, but you will have to pay extra for it.

One of the benefits of the “Team Prez” deal was 20% off at Brand, Monte Carlo’s steakhouse. I knew I wanted the tomahawk ribeye (tomahawk referring to the bone-in which is huge). It was good, a little steakhouse crispy on the outside in places, but rare, as ordered in the center. B+ for that, but the waiter, Brian, suggested the Brand salad and I went GaGa over it. It was so good. Green beans, tomato, shrimp and bacon pieces with some sort of vinaigrette that was not overwhelming. I’m not a salad guy but bacon & shrimp could be staples in my home any day. Thanks Brian, that was my favorite part of the meal.

When it was time to check out, I noticed $600+ in mini-bar charges from the previous guest were on my bill, but that was quickly rectified. Although the limo service is only to and from the airport, Joel did manage to get it for my next stop, the Mirage. Thanks again Joel.

With all the good things I‘ve had to say, I want to make it clear that I stayed in the Loft Suite. The regular suite and the Studio do not have the same shower, but only a regular shower. And, due to the limited space, they do not have bathtubs either. This is clearly visible to all on their website as is the fact that the limo they provide is supposed to be to and from the airport. Hotel32 made good on every promise made to me, and I really do not have anything negative to say.

That said, I have no hesitation giving my recommendation for a stay at Hotel32 in a loft suite. As with any stay in any hotel, call if you have questions to avoid any confusion. Do your homework and you will not be disappointed. Hotel32 is one of the best kept secrets in Las Vegas. I will be back.

Room Tip: Loft Suites have all the amenities. The Suite and Studios have fewer amenities than the Loft Suite...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
19 Thank MarkDC-Travel
Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed at Hotel 32 in June for 5 nights. We had 2 suites to celebrate our nephews 21st birthday. We had a wonderful time. We gambled alot.. used the spa, pool and many of the resorts restuarants. Hard to believe that anyone could have a bad time here. The lounge staff went over and above to assist us during our stay.. Thanks Oscar. The concierge staff.. Joel, Amber and the others were the best. We wanted for nothing during our stay. It was very hard to leave. Our suite was huge and the shower was the best .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank exfedup
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I'm a Low Roller with High roller tastes. I guess that kinda sums us up in a nutshell. Or at least me anyway..I've Been to Las Vegas before, But my last trip was about 4yrs ago, and I stayed At Skylofts at MGM as the guest of a company that I was doing some consulting for.

This time around..I was paying, traveling with someone who wasn't really that excited about going to Las Vegas, and while I COULD afford the 600.00 nightly Skylofts was advertising on their rate calendar, I was looking to downsize a little, if you know what I mean. Besides, When I'm vacation, I like to get casual. A little too Casual for my comfort at some luxury properties, causes me to feel outta place and uncomfortable. Who needs that on vacation? Unpretentious Luxury? I'll take some please.

So when browsing the reviews of tripadvisor.com and I ran across the reviews of Hotel.32, I was intrigued. I had never heard of it, and wanted to check out their website. For some reason, Hotel32's website will not load on any of my households computers. I've updated my Flash and everything I know to do, and their website just wont load..Monte Carlo's website works...Just not Hotel32's.

So I tweeted them and told them I couldn't access their site. Somebody responded, and the next thing you know..we kinda developed a “relationship.” I still hadn't seen any “official” photos of the rooms and suites...and was really leaning towards Aria and their Skysuite for some reason... What clenched it for me though, was when I asked for a rate calendar via twitter. I knew it would take a little effort on their part to get that to me. I was just some uncommitted Schmoe at that point. Whether it would take the Mgr. asking someone to do it, or what...I figured it would be a good indicator of how “bad” they wanted and “valued” my business....and an indicator of what type of service I/we could expect to receive once we got there, IF we got there. Sure enough couple hours later..there was a msg. with a rate calendar for me...I was impressed..and pretty much hooked at that point.

I had a lot going on in my personal life...so I couldn't really pin down down dates...Any time I had a Question about anything My person at Hotel32 was just a tweet away. When I was ready to book my loft suite...TWO MONTHS LATER I picked up the phone and called her....She handled all my questions..took all my information...she took care of everthing.. I guess you Las Vegas Pros or High rollers are Used to that dealing with Hosts and all....But for a low roller like me...I was impressed before I even left home. How cool is that?

The day we arrive.....We get to the airport. Our limo driver is holding a Hotel32/JoeSchmoe sign at the baggage claim waiting for us...he collects our luggage....takes us to the Monte Carlo where the Doorman greets us by name. Up to the 32nd floor and to loft 24 over looking Aria and the MC Pool area. The loft was spacious...and laid out well. Enough has probably been written about the features..The shower really IS amazing...The Coffee/capucino maker was super, The Lounge was a nice
place to grab a soda or a water or some finger food in the AM or PM.

Apparently, those Crestron controllers battery life is determined by the prior guest usage. I had trouble with the bedroom TV. One call to maintenance got the issue resolved..They told me “Keep the controller on the stand...you know to keep the battery charged.” I felt kinda silly..But I couldnt even turn on the TV in the Bedroom Wouldnt have minded so much if it was the living room...and the ball and chain wasnt yelling at me...because of it.

Ball and chain thought the bath tissue was a little too rough..I Have to agree. We didn't really like having to call room service for Ice after the lounge had closed for the night. Not because we don't like to tip, But we don't mind getting it ourselves, and not having to tip even better.

We had a great time at Hotel32. I wouldn't hesitate recomending it, and in fact DID recommend it to some friends who ended staying in a loft suite at the same time as I did. So from one little tweet, the Hotel got 2 bookings and made at least one repeat customer in the future. Thanks for everything Hotel32 We look forward to seeing you again with the some of the boys real soon.

Room Tip: Pay attention to privacy light. Loft 24 has a perfect view of aria fountains and a tiny sliver of b...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank JoeSchmoe_11
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Let me start by saying that we stayed at Hotel32 at a discounted rate so we did not pay full price, thankfully! My husband I stayed in a studio room for 2 nights and I am happy it was not longer! Please do not believe what you see on their website. Here are the Pro and Cons; I believe it's the only fair way to write this review.

Pros; The complementary limo service to and from the airport is great! It was nice not to have to worry about how to get to the hotel or back to the airport. The check-in process is fantastic. They know you have arrived before you even reach the floor. The rooms are are nicely decorated in a contemporary design. The lounge32 is also very nice. It's has free coffee, tea, water and soda from open to close. The staff are very helpful and friendly, probably the best part of the hotel! Our room was very clean!

Cons; The limo is only to and from the airport. If you would like to take the limo anywhere on the strip it is $80. The elevator, that according to the website is just for Hotel32, is not just for Hotel32. It's for floors 27-32. You need to sign out the mobile concierge, it is not given to you when you check-in, nor does the staff mention or ask you if you would like one. Lounge32 is only open from 7 am to 11 pm. Nowhere on the website does it mention this. Breakfast is mainly finger food, pastries, and some kind of fruit. The only "snacks" that we saw for the 2 days we were there were a bowel of apples. Appetizers are served starting at 4 and there is not much to choose from. Our room was small! Our refrigerator was never stocked with anything, not even water! The biggest con is the false impression of luxury that the website gives you as we did not experience anything that was advertised!

Overall, I would recommend you spend your money elsewhere. Vegas has numerous luxury hotels to choose from, unfortunately Hotel32 is not one of them.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TravelingPoof
San Jose, CA
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Wow, I am astonished by the good reviews on here but maybe the reviews reflect the Lofts/Penthouse rooms instead of the basic and regular suites.

I was stayed on a comped offer in a Suite, a 700+sq ft room. I was hesitant to stay here because I normally stay at places such as Aria/Caesars/Wynn/Venetian/Cosmo, etc. The website advertised free Voss water and Kiel's amenities but when I stayed there in the beginning of August, it looks like those were no longer being offered. Bath amenities given are what you would receive at the regular Monte Carlo hotel. Water was free but was just your small little bottles with a HOTEL32 label on it to replace the MC label that you would get on the casino floor. You also get unlimited amount of free small bottles of Pepsi or Sierra Mist.

As mentioned before, I stayed in a SUITE. Other reviewer on here has pictures of either a Loft of Penthouse which looks really good. I will give a review on the suite. This suite was IMO, worse than others that in the price range if I had actually paid for it. The bed was pretty comfortable and the bathroom had dual sinks. There was only one TV in the room but get this, there was NO bath tub in this suite. IMO, this is unheard of. No bath tub in what is suppose to be a higher end Vegas hotel? Wow. There was also no ironing board or iron to be found in the room. I am pretty sure I could have asked for one but shouldn't it come standard in the room like all the other rooms in Vegas?

The Hotel32 lobby and lounge was cool but the lounge didn't offer too much. Don't be expecting to fill up etc but if you go there the right time, you can snack.

If I had to do it again, I wouldn't do it again. I stayed here for free but I sure would have been pissed off if I had to pay full rate since for the same rate, I could have stayed at any of the other hotels I mentioned earlier.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends