“Best vegan chocolate chip cookies”
Review of Red Velvet Cafe - CLOSED

Red Velvet Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Pros: Extensive menu for meat lovers, vegetarians and vegans alike. Absolutely scrumptious chocolate chip cookies - fluffy, moist and you cannot tell they are vegan! Cinnamon Swirl and Strawberry Cream vegan cakes are amazing.

Cons: Small seating area, crowded, loud music. I am skeptical of the accuracy of the calorie count of baked goods (on their website). Even just the sugar alone would account for more calories than they claim (27 calories per chocolate chip cookie). They won't give the recipe out so you can't double check. I can't find any recipe for vegan (or any type) of chocolate chip cookie that is this low calorie. Mini cakes are supposedly 170 calories. It would be WONDERFUL if all this is true, but it's hard to believe. The only baked goods that are not worth the calories, low or high, are the Red Velvet cake (artificial taste) and Lemon cake (dry).

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Vegans & vegetarians have many options from which to choose. Food is prepared deliciously. There is also a regular menu. Very tasty.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have had a wrap and desserts here. Both were delicious!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

This place is below the central (end of the model runway) escalator inside the Fashion Mall.

Staff are very knowledgable, friendly and quick.

Food on offer is a varied and interesting choice, with vegan, vegetarian and non-items for sale.

They can make your own dish to suit too and a lot of the food is ready to go in plastic containers.

I was so glad to find this place after eating complete fast food rubbish (and in Las Vegas they give Whole new meaning to fast food and you'll be sick of it by end of the first day) and made sure I bought enough to eat then and take back to my hotel room for afters.

BTW: No one tells you in Vegas you can't get any food after 11pm unless its bags of crisps or chocolate! So when you find a gem like this place, you load up for a healthy breakfast or late night snack, trust me you'll thank yourself that you did.

Nice selection of beers too, with all the organic drinks and juices you would expect. This place is a must visit for healthy eating conscious and vegetarians alike, top marks for freshness and taste.

2  Thank Mr1977
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was looking for a good vegan/vegetarian place to eat in Vegas and did some research before our trip. I found Red Velvet Cafe in the Fashion Show Mall. I visited twice. The first time, I had the signature vegan red velvet cake and coffee. It was AWESOME! A couple days later I went back and had the vegan buffalo chicken wrap. I cannot say enough good things about Red Velvet Cafe. Tremendously awesome in every aspect. The food was out of this world, the service was terrific! The people are friendly and always cheerful. In fact, it appeared the owner was present on my first visit and I begged him to consider expanding to New York!

1  Thank Jarock903