“The BEST ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

$146.00*
and up
Black Canyon River Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the beauty of the Black Canyon of the Colorado River. We offer a unique experience of smooth water rafting with professional guides and pilots. Experience the majesty of the canyon walls, keep an eye out for the eagles, big horn sheep, falcons, herons and more! Don't forget your camera!
Illinois
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The BEST ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My famil and I went on this Trip August 14. ALl I can can say is that I can't wait to book for next year!!!! After a nice bus ride we got off at the Haciend Hotel and got on bus. The views were amazing especially the steap rd down where you get your raft.
We got on and they gave us a souviner lunch bag that had a Turkey Sandwhich, Chips, Cookies, Water. If you go hot they had cold towels for you. It was about 109 the day we went but I like that!
Our guide was awesome she said that she was only on the boat once a week. She was VERY informative.It was sooooooo BEAUTIFUL I could have stayed on the boat all day. We pulled over twice once to get out and eat and swim and then again to swim. We saw many sheep and lizards.
We finally got to Willow Beach where we got on anothe bus. :( . LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!!!

1 Thank Summertime4me

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome rafting trip (tips if you go.....you should) Well worth the $!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Didn’t feel cramped. You grab a lunch knapsack as you board. You keep the nice knapsack lunch bag. My lunch consisted of a Turkey Sandwich -mustard/mayo on the side, Chocolate Chip Cookies, bag of chips, an apple, and a water bottle that you can refill on the boat. Vegan meals avail.
You'll probably get a little wet and water does come into the boat every so often. So wear comfortable walking sandals you don't mind getting wet. The pilots soaked some towels with water and gave it to the people that wanted it to deal with the heat. They do driver to all shaded areas. They were both fun and funny but not corny or stupid funny but very funny and knowledgeable. You can ask them questions during the ride at any time. Pointed out many interesting sites and facts. They even turn the boat towards the things they point out so many people can take pics.
We did two brief stops. One is to enjoy lunch. You can go swimming if you want. They warn you about the cold water, people did swim.

1 Thank ddwnyc
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Fun in Black Canyon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a wonderful time with our guide Scott yesterday on the Black Canyon Adventure's raft tour. I got a group of 10 friends together in addition to my family of four and we all had a great time. I highly recommend this tour.

1 Thank LainieG_12
Olney, MD
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great day trip from Vegas for kids and adults”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was one of the best things we've done on vacation. I went with my 11 year old and I was a tad worried about the 112 degree heat. It was hot, even on the water but our guide dunked a pail of hand towels into the 52 degree water and that was how we kept cool. The trip is about 3.5 hours once you are on the raft. We stopped twice to wade or swim off little beaches. We saw a few bighorn sheep and some blue herons. The scenery was stunning.

They provide a decent boxed lunch in a little cooler that you can keep as a souvenir. Bring sunscreen and a camera. Sundays and Mondays are the days they do not allow most motorized boats, including jetskis.

Can't say enough good things about this activity!

2 Thank lilymama
Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Absolute Must, great to take kids on too!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Booked this through Groupon, we were picked up at our Hotel by Brian who was an absolute delight and very informative director on places and interesting facts. We were then bused down to the base of the Hoover Dam and put on rafts. The view of the Dam from the bottom is something else to see. The trip down the river is a leisurely cruise with no whitewater so very safe for children, the rafts are large with plenty of seating and comfortable. Lunch provided and plenty of water. Great time, thanks guys!!!!!

3 Thank Dream Traveller