“Excellent food and service”

Frank and Fina's Cocina
Ranked #1,016 of 4,934 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I don't know how long it has been since we dined here but it was a spur of the moment call while we were visiting a lighting store nearby in the same stripmall. You can't almost tell that the place is open, given the large wooden doors which shroud the entrance. Once inside though, we found the food exquisitely prepared and served professionally. Price was decent, atmosphere neutral, but food was excellent. Would highly recommend

There are newer reviews for Frank and Fina's Cocina

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Las Vegas suffers from a lack of good Mexican restaurants: most of the local outlets would fail were they located anywhere in the States of New Mexico or Colorado, in our opinion.

One notable exception to that observation is the local establishment, Frank and Fina's Cocina.

We have been eating at this restaurant for many years, dating back to when it was half its present size.

The restaurant features some nice, fresh variations on standard Mexican dishes and some interesting dishes from other regions, such as an excellent Cuban beef dish, Ropa Vieja.

We also strongly recommend the Shrimp Diablo - very spicy and aromatic.

The food is fresh and well-prepared and a good variety of specials is available.

The service is uniformly friendly and excellent. Some of these staffers have been working there for several years, and it shows in their efficiency and attentiveness.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went there for lunch to sample the food as I wanted to place a large order for my daughter's graduation party. My review is for the catering experience. For about $20.00 per person (including tax) we got a massive amount of food, 3 types of fajitas (including shrimp, which was incredibly tasty and plentiful) carnitas empanadas, spinach and cheese tamales, and the tastiest cheese enchiladas I ever had. They were so soft, they tasted like they were wrapped in pasta, not tortillas. All this plus rice, beans, guacamole salsa, lettuce, cheese and tortillas. Everybody was very impressed by the food. I was also VERY impressed by the personal service, the owners themselves brought the food and helped me set it up. Very nice people, and Fina, the lady who helped me with the order, was very helpful, professional and pleasant. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a dinner at Frank and Fina. it is a bit far from the strip but it was worth it. If you like otentic mexican food this is the place. I had a fahita which was good. the beef was not the best quality.
Nachos to the table were ok (i prefer them warmer/fresher) and salsa was a little bit diappointing (Seems like canned salsa and not fresh).
Maybe next time....

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Frank and Fina's --- is a nice place to go. Some people love it, and some don't. I happen to think they have real good food.