“Terrific Entertainment!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of National Rodeo

National Rodeo
Ranked #104 of 258 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: National championship held at the Thomas & Mack Center in December.
Mesquite, Nevada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Terrific Entertainment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Wow - over 2 hours of nail-biting, edge-of-my-seat excitement watching the bull riders, the bucking broncos, the team ropers, the barrel racers and the calf roping! Patrons all decked out in Western attire and everyone cheering on their favorite cowboy or cowgirl. What a fun-filled, non-stop evening! Even a toddler sitting next to us was mesmerized the entire time. Can't wait to return next year!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Melanie G

• Turkish first
sheffield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We keep coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have travelled from the UK to attend the NFR every December since 2006 and are already booked for this year.
Go to 5 nights at the Thomas and Mack and watch on the big screen in the Mirage on the other nights.
We have always booked a package of hotel and tickets through a US travel agent but now tickets can be bought directly from the NFR Experience website I am sure I could sort out everything myself.
It is well worth the 10 hours 45 minutes flight each way, all sorts of western events going on in town during the NFR, love the shopping at Cowboy Christmas , the Sands expo and Mandalay Bay.
Hopefully we will continue to visit every year, the experience cannot be beaten!

Visited December 2012
4 Thank penelopeb
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My 1st trip to Rodeo.. GB Herts chicks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I went to the rodeo last year, Dec 2012
Oh by the way I travelled on my own, I came all the way from Great Britain
I purchased all my tickets before I arrived in Vegas ok here goes;
1st night “nose bleed” seat but ok, because I can converse with people fairly easily
Got talking to a lady from Dallas & her husband, they started to leave at 8.30pm...(strange !)
Then I realised why, the queue for the shuttle was so long I waited for 30 minutes

So I got the drift this is what I should do next time.
I left at 8.30pm got on straight away
Back to my hotel within 20 minutes the most (I think) Fab!!

I had a great time would I go again ....
Yes but, I would take someone with
Because I not into gambling person went to a few after parties at the other hotels
Personally I think this is a place for groups/family & couples not a person on their own

I would like to say a “big thank you” for everyone whom gave me advise
On my 1st Rodeo,

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Get your tickets early”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The people who attend the rodeo are vey polite and civil; unlike other venues like concerts or basketball games. But tickets are hard to come by and don't do the scramble seating where you can sit in an unused seat. That is a bad deal.

1 Thank steffiscowboy
Tucson, Arizona
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Lots of fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The rodeo was great fun, and tickets affordable, compared to other shows to see in Vegas! If you like rodeo at all, you won't be disappointed. The cowboys did a great job and there's several huge screens overhead so you don't miss a thing, no matter where your seat is. It's held in the South Point Hotel, which is a beautiful hotel. There are vendors near the rodeo with lots of beautiful things to look at and buy. We really enjoyed our night at this rodeo and it met our hopes! Being there in person is far better than watching it on TV, as there's a ton of excitement!

Visited October 2012