“Casual Dining - Wynn Style”
Review of Society Cafe - CLOSED

Society Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2011

The Society Café in the Encore side of the Wynn Resort & in my opinion the better choice over the similar restaurant, Terrace Point, inside the Wynn.

The Society Café has somewhat formal decor but somehow is a more relaxing and luxurious environment. Our server was attentive but not pushy. We were there around noon & at first I was hoping for breakfast - Happily on the lunch menu they have a section called "Still Breakfast at Lunch" ... but after thinking about everything I had already eaten on vacation I decided on a Market Chop Salad & my husband got the Lobster Roll.
They give you pretzel bread with the meal. I am personally not a fan of pretzel bread but my husband liked it. The salad was very good & just the right amount. The Lobster Roll came with friend & my husband liked both very much.
The combination of the atmosphere,decor,staff & food is EXACTLY what you expect in a Wynn property - all superb. I am sure we will eat there again when we return.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

We decided on a 3 course dinner for $40. I got the salmon with quinoa and it was great! My appetizer was the mac & cheese bites (little nuggets breaded and fried) with truffle sauce and that was super. Dessert was a bag (cute presentation!) of donut holes with caramel and chocolate sauce and that was a waste of calories--I only ate half of one.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

After our Vegas wedding, we took our wedding party here for dinner. They held the fabulous hot pink couch for us, as I requested. We drank excellent wine (a New Zealand Sauv Blanc and an Argentinian Malbec) and everyone loved what they had, including - Mac & cheese bites, Split pea soup, Tomato Bisque, Tuna tacos, Lollipop Chicken, Meatballs, Carmelized Sea Scallops, Chicken oysters, Sliders, French Fries (regular and sweet potato), Roast Salmon, Jidori Chicken, Ribs, Pork Two Ways, Donuts, Whoopie Pies (esp. the pumpkin and I don't like pumpkin!) and the really really tall chocolate cake.

Our guests loved it and when we got the final bill, it was less than we expected for a Vegas wedding reception.

3  Thank JenniWa
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We were on our way to XS and thought we better line our stomachs. We were taken to a table in the middle of the restaurant, the decor is beautiful and the atmosphere was buzzing as it seemed to be full of fellow like minded people. The staff were lovely, happy to help when ever you needed advice on a dish, they even approached us when they seen us taking photos of each other and took a few photos for us. Would come back here all the time for just the staff

Reviewed December 30, 2010

This may be a somewhat unfair review considering the thoroughness of our other Las Vegas reviews but ....
We ate at Society Cafe for breakfast and found the service, decor and food up to the Encore standards. I had coffee, juice and the Continental Breakfast (mostly coffee - a bit under-the-weather from the previous night's festivities) and found all of it good but it's tough to mess up danish and fruits. My wife had Belgium Waffles and loved them.
Again, due to our limited sampling, it's tough to review the food. The service was the best (seemingly the standard at the Encore), the atomsphere was crisp and elegant. However, if anything like our other experiences at the Encore, it's likely worth dinig there.

1  Thank Tony B