“Serene in Vegas”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chappaqua, New York
“Serene in Vegas”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I am not one to like the hustle bustle and smoke of the big casinos. Vdara offers a welcome change in the remarkably interesting City Center. No smoking facility through and through. The suite we stayed in was spacious, had every amenity and from the 50th floor the views were clear to the mountainous horizon.

Service was excellent, complimentary slippers and robes plush, spa and workout facilities perfect.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,412)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
alberta
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Im glad we didn't pay attention to the negative reviews. We could not have been happier with our stay. We travel to vegas often and this has been one of the best trips. The location is fantastic and is convieniently linked with bellagio by a walkway so makes getting to the strip easy. This is a quiet hotel which we especially enjoyed. I guess if you are looking for tons of action then this is not the place for you. No smoke, no noisy casinos to trudge through to get to room, But still close enough to all the action of the strip. Pool is great as well. The rooms are beautiful and spacious and restaurant downstairs was delicious. Staff kind and helpful. Just stay here!!

Vancouver
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I am fairly familiar with Vegas as I have been traveling there for 11+ years twice a year for trade shows. I got a great rate and really enjoyed the room. My only complaint would be that I did't realize every room has a California King and not two queens or twins. I would have preferred two permanent beds as I was traveling with a colleague. He did say the pull out was comfortable...
I would definitely recommend this area (city centre) and this hotel. Top of my list for Vegas, along with The Venetian.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
York, PA
Reviewed February 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Vdara February 10-14. What an unforgettable experience. We arrived around 1030am after a long flight from Pennsylvania and were able to get right in to our deluxe suite. The check-in process took only a few moments. The staff was cheerful and pleasant. I had asked for robes,slipppers, dishes and utensils at check-in. They were promptly delivered to our room within moments of our arrival . Our luggage was delivered and we were given instructions on how to operate the lighting features in the room. The deluxe suite that we stayed in was absolutely beautiful. The bedding was crisp and clean. The pillows were fantastic. The view from our room was the Bellagio fountains- what more could you ask for. The kitchen was a great touch. I had ordered groceries to be delivered to the room so the kitchen came in handy All of the staff members we encountered were so helpful and professional. We were blessed with warm weather and were able to spend a day by the pool. The lounge chairs by the pool were so comfortable. Large pillows came with each chair. The pool water was heated and crystal clear. We were given large, soft pool towels to use. Room service was also available poolside. Peolple beside us had wings and beer, we opted to take a quick walk to Aria and get sandwhiches to go from Jean Philippe Patisserie. My husband and I also spent a few hours at Spa Vdara. What a great place to unwind! The spa staff was very accomadating. Organic hot teas, fresh granola and ice water were readily available. The spa also had awesome toiletries for each guest to take advantage of including Aveda shampoo and lotions, shavers and even mouthwash. I found all of these items to be very convenient.
The entire stay was wonderful. We will definitely come back to Vdara. Give it a try- you will not be disappointed.

St. Louis
Reviewed February 18, 2011

My wife and I had a wonderful experience at Vdara. We spent 3 nights there for Valentine's day as well as her birthday, and we picked Vdara because of the location and non-smoking rooms. I read all the reviews beforehand, and I must admit I was nervous about some of the negative ones commenting on poor service, lack of amenities, etc. We were seriously impressed from the minute we got there. Front desk staff were courteous and helpful. They got me the Bellagio-view room I asked for. The deluxe suite was perfectly appointed for our needs. The room was turned over impeccably every day. Room service was great. The walk to the Bellagio was NOT that bad. Anyone who says so must not be used to routine ambulation.

I would agree with previous reviewers that a coffee machine in the room would have been nice. A set of robes should also be customary in a hotel of its class. Otherwise our only negative experience was the breakfast buffet in the lobby-level restaurant. The scrambled eggs were quite literally green, and our waiter ignored us most of the service.

All in all, I think the place is excellent, and we thank Vdara for a memorable romantic weekend.

miami, us
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Excellent in all respects and another advantage for me, no casino but is connected to the Bellagio and only steps from the Aria.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2011

This was our second trip to LV, two years after our first when City Center was just a construction site. We decided to get somewhere five star this time, and booked through expedia.co.uk. Since we had a six year old in tow with us, the idea of a quieter hotel resort, but still right in the middle of the Strip appealed to us, and I'm really glad we did!

We got a Corner Suite on the 31st floor , with views from three sides over LV. The room was large, with bedroom with a super comfy king sized bed, lounge area with pull out queen bed for our daughter, large bathroom and dressing area and kitchen. The place was spotless, and was kept that way by housekeeping (make sure you press the housekeeping button by the door in the morning when you leave!). We called down as soon as we got there to ask for bedding for the sofa bed and plates/cutlery etc., and despite what some of the reviews on here say, it was delivered to the room in minutes. There's electrically operated blinds throughout and two TVs (great for our daughter wanting to watch her kids programmes)

It's easy to get around with a small walkway connecting the hotel to the Bellagio and the tram to Aria and Monte Carlo, it's a one minute walk to the Aria if you want to do the casino thing, and a three minute walk to the Strip itself, where you're right in the middle of it.

All in all, I can't recommend this place enough. Service was great, the location is fab and when we come back to Vegas again, this will be number one in our thoughts to stay at.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family