“I love vdara!! This boutique hotel is...” 5 of 5 stars

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
sambuddi2u
“I love vdara!! This boutique hotel is...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I love vdara!! This boutique hotel is exquisite! I like how you can party at night and come back to your room and feel so relax! I felt like I was on vacation when I stayed at Vdara. I go to Vegas once a year and this is the first time I felt relax in Vegas after partying it hard for 2 nights. Once you step in the lobby, you know it will be a very relaxing stay in Vegas!! No smell of cigarette and no loud casino sound.
I love how you can go to Aria pool as long as you have your room keys from Vdara.
my friend and I did the spa manicure and it was so relaxing. They have nice gym next to the spa. The hotel offers free bottled water.
This hotel is to-die-for!! After vacationing to the Caribbean and staying at nice all inclusive hotels, this hotel did not dissapoint me!
Will return to this hotel when I go to Vegas again!!

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank sambuddi2u

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,054)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Clean, modern, quiet and classy hotel just off the strip. Linked to Bellagio via covered walkway so all amenities within close distance.
Exceptional vfm, rooms as plush as they come. If the price don't rise we will be back within two years!

Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

We tried this new hotel to compare it with previous ones we had stayed at. It was very quiet compared to others (there are no casinos). It was so quiet that you wouldnt think you were just off 'The Strip'. The rooms were very good although my family complained about the lack of comfort with the fold out bed settee. Really the room is only suitable for couples. The pool area was very hot as it is all surrounded by concrete but the water was very cold. You had to take a deep breath before entering! On site restaurants were good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was the first time visiting Las Vegas. My friends recommended a few good hotels but the hotel price on the day I wanted to visit was four times higher than the usual price. After days of searching, I just booked this hotel at an affordable price. Since I had never heard of this hotel and there were some negative reviews, it made me little worried. However, when I got there, I was happy with my decision. The lobby and room design was very modern, clean and comfortable. The room size was okay and there was a big window which allowed me to watch nice sunset. The hotel location was great! It's connected to Bellagio and other places through the tram. If there was an option for self-parking, I would give an extra point. Overall, this was very pleasant experience and I will definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I hesitated writing this but from alot of these reviews I feel Vdara is getting a bum rap and needed a good review. My wife and I stayed 5 nts at the end of Sept. I was very satisfied with our stay here and will break it down based on our above rating.

Rooms: We were upgraded to the 51st floor overlooking the Bellagio Fountains. Amazing view would be an understatment. The room is big, about 500-600sq ft. The kitchen has alot of cabinet space but not utinsels. I was told to just ask and they deliver what you need. We used this area as storage for "beverages." Two small refrigerators are here too but only one is empty. The other is for the overpriced goodies all hotels offer. The bathroom is larger than most and has a drawer by the sink with the hairdryer in it. There is a closet that looks like it was to be a linen closet just inside also. The main room is separated by a small partition that has dual plasma tv's on each side. There are more storage drawers here. You will have ample space to store all your stuff. The safe is in the closet. I had a bit if a problem getting used to the two types of window shades that are electronically raised or lowered. You will figure it out but the switch takes a bit to get used to. The bed was very comfortable. Rooms and sleep quality 5 star.

Cleanliness: I am a clean freak. I bring Lysol wipes and usually wipe things down but this time I found no need. I never saw any stains on bedding or carpet and the bathroom was spotless. Not even water spots.

Service: Checkin was quick and they were very helpful. Front Desk 5 star. Valet was never more than a couple minute wait for our car. They were very polite and always asked if we needed directions anywhere. There is complimentary cold water bottles here too. Valet 5 star. My only reason to not give a 5 star rating overall was housekeeping. Perhaps I expect a bit much but the rooms have a light you can activate when you want your room made up. We left every morning before 8, activated the light and our room was not made up until late afternoon. This wouldn't be a big issue but we would come back around 2-3 and then have the maid wanting in. For her credit, they did a great job cleaing and keeping the toiletries filled so I would still give them 4 1/2 stars. We had a problem with our bill on the last day. Someone had charged over 1300 bucks to our room for spa, food and beverages that we never signed for. The front desk took the charges off w/o a problem.

Location: Here is the only issue I see. Some have insinuated that its a short walk to the strip. It really isn't. You have to go through Bellagio, take the tram to Monte Carlo or navigate your way through Aria and City center to get to the strip. Its a 5-10 min. walk if you are a fast walker. My other issue was driving into Vdara. You have to know which ramp to take and then how to find the Valet area. It is not well marked. I used google earth and looked at the satelight view along with going on you tube and watching video of people arriving. I was warned about this so I was prepared. We always came in off of Harmon from the west instead of from the strip. It was alot easier. I think they could have done a better job of designing the entrance but its too late now. They should at least put in more signage.

Value: This is real subjective. For 100-150 nt. I can't see how people could expect more unless they have unrealistic expectations. The pool is another issue. I didn't go to the pool but my wife did. If you had any compalints they were letting you go over the the Aria pool which is amazing. Again, this to me is good customer service. I didn't think the 15 a day resort fee is so bad either, the wi fi worked great and it was nice having the bottled water each day. You also get your choice of newspapers too if you ask.

Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lineaway
Fair Grove, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed here two nights as part of a package plan...gorgeous, but more upscale than what we are use to. Everything about the hotel was beautiful, very modern, European-flavor decor. All the rooms are "suites," in that the sleeping area is divided from the living area by a large wooden unit in the middle of the room that houses a flat-screen TV on both sides. There is a small kitchen/dining area with micro/convection oven, two burner stove, mini-fridge, sink and dining table w/2 chairs. There is also a fully-stocked mini bar - more on that in a minute. What is missing in the kitchen is everything else, and I mean everything. You can request dishes, etc., from housekeeping, but the only thing that is automatically provided are two drinking glasses and two wine glasses, not even a napkin or spoon. Having just moved over to the Vdara from a regular condo with a fully stocked kitchen (where we stayed the previous nights of our vacation), it just seemed a little odd. Guess it cuts way down on buying dishes, though, so I understand that. We were on the 30th floor, about half-way up and the view was beyond beautiful! Every room has one whole wall of windows. The shades are raised/lowered by a wall switch. Central heat/air, so no bulky wall unit. Nice lit closet with wall safe. Bathroom was LOVELY. One big plus, the shower came out of the wall about 7 ft. up, so my tall husband didn't even have to duck to wash his hair. Water pressure was a little weak, but tolerable. Separate glass-enclosed shower, tub, huge vanity. Bed was plenty comfy, lots of drawers to unpack in. Lots of tech inputs, which is needed for us, including ipod input into TV, both wired and wi-fi internet (free), 2-line phone, lots of elec. outlets, etc.
Now for the "bring money" part - this is a full-service hotel, which is great if you just want to pay/tip people to do everything for you. If you're a do-it-myself person, not so much. The bellman WILL bring your luggage to your room (not an option) and there is no self-parking garage right there at the hotel, it's all valet, although it is labeled as complementary (included in the resort fees), still you're expected to tip. Don't misunderstand, we know the value of tipping and we're generous tippers, but it just seemed like every time we turned around there was someone else to tip. And there is a $15 per night resort fee charged on top of the room rate. I'm not sure what distinguishes it as a resort, didn't notice anything extra. However, I really did appreciate the fact that it did not have a casino, so it was quiet and peaceful (also non-smoking). And finally, beware the mini-bar...it has pressure sensitive tabs in it, so if you take something out and don't put it back immediately, you are automatically charged for it. And the only place this is stated is it's printed inside the mini-bar fridge door (behind the $12 cashews and $7 M & M's). I had picked up several things to look at them before I saw the notification. When I told the front desk clerk, he smiled and said it happens all the time, and it usually takes about 30 seconds before the charges kick in. <whew!> By the way, the front desk personnel were all very professional, but extremely friendly.
Summary: gorgeous accommodations, but it will cost you. Will we stay here again? Hmmm, probably not, but that's just us. It was fun once, though, and if you're considering the Vdara, I'd say "go for it!"

1 Thank nettermo
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for three nights on our first trip to Vegas. We booked this hotel, which does not have a casino, after reading some complaints about the big hotels with casinos on the strip being too noisy at night.

We thought the hotel itself was very nice. The hotel is brand new and was in top condition. The lobby was contemporary with a cool, relaxing feel. It never felt crowded and we enjoyed winding down late in the evening in the lobby bar. The bartender was very knowledgeable and friendly. He made some great, original cocktails.

We booked a basic suite but upgraded to a lake view, which was advertised as a view of the Bellagio fountains. Although our room was on the 20th floor, we were a little disappointed with the fountain view, as it was partially blocked by one of the towers. We could see the fountains, but not being able to see all of them detracted from the show. I believe the hotel is about 50 stories high; if you had a room on one of the top floors the view would probably be better. IMO, however, if you pay additional for a specific view, it should be a really good view! Our room also had a view of one of the Bellagio's pools and a peekaboo view of the Eiffel Tower across the street. Not bad, just not quite what I was expecting.

The room itself was very nice, but it was somewhat dark even with the drapes open and all the lights turned on. There was no overhead light, only task lighting. The bed was very comfortable and there was a kitchen table as well as a desk. The desk was too small for more than one person's computer. We ended up sharing one computer since the light was better at the desk. The light was not good in the kitchen and it wasn't as pleasant not sitting by the window.

When we were checking in, I noticed that turndown was available "on request." I requested it at check in and we received it without a problem every night. Housekeeping was good, although our minibar was completely empty when we arrived. We asked for it to be filled and that was no problem. Bags were brought up to the room after we arrived. It took about 30 minutes, which I thought was too long. Not sure why since the hotel was not busy.

One big problem I had was that for some reason the iron in the room was permanently attached to the ironing board. This made it really inconvenient to iron my clothes and also difficult to add water to the iron since you could't carry it to the sink. I really couldn't figure out why they would do this. Everything else in the room was upscale -- padded hangers, top of the line microwave and stove, very nice sheets ... and an iron that was attached to the ironing board like they thought someone might steal it. I don't get it. Even if you had been able to disconnect the iron, there was a big metal plate on the ironing board where the iron attached that took up a lot of room. Bad idea.

The bathroom was missing a few amenities normally present in an upscale hotel. There was a blow dryer, shampoo and conditioner, but no Q-tips, cotton balls, shower caps, or shower/bath gel. There was a nice lighted makeup mirror and a nice tub as well as a large, modern shower with a bench. Plenty of room for two in the bathroom.

There is only one restaurant, Silk Road. We ate there for lunch one day and it was great. The restaurant is only open until 2 PM, so you have to have dinner elsewhere. This was no problem, but there was really no place to grab a quick breakfast unless you went to the restaurant, which was a problem. We like to be able to get something simple in the morning, like a muffin or a bagel, and eat it in the room while we're getting ready. We did order room service for breakfast one morning, but that's a pretty pricey option. Our bill was around $60. I figured out what it would have been just for a Continental breakfast and a couple of juices and it was still over $30. I guess ordering a "to go" from the restaurant would have been another possibility. My husband ended up walking to the tram and getting something from the food court at the Monte Carlo, but it took him about 25 minutes roundtrip. Although the restaurant isn't open in the evening, they do have 24 hour room service.

There is a nice spa on site and the health club was also nice. The pool -- not so much. It was really hot; there was very little shade and not much greenery, so it had a very concrete feel about it. We later found out from a cab driver that the pool is known around town as the "death ray pool." Supposedly there are some super hot spots created solar convergence from the hotel's shiny glass exterior. I didn't notice that in particular and don't know if it's true or an urban legend, but I can say it was very hot. We looked around one day and decided we didn't want to hang out there.

The hotel is on the other side of the strip (across the street) from the monorail, so we ended up taking a cab whenever we went out. It would take quite a while to get to the other side of the strip from here because the hotel is not directly on the strip. We usually went out around mid-morning, returned to the hotel in the afternoon, then went out again in the evening. This added up to about $30 - $40 in taxi fares each day. There is a walkway directly to the Bellagio, and a tram that goes to Aria (in the same complex) and the Monte Carlo. The tram is free but only goes a short distance, as opposed to the monorail which is a very long walk from here, is not free, but goes further. There was never a line for a taxi. Some of the larger hotels on the strip had really long lines for a taxi in the evening.

Although the hotel was nice, we'll probably book something else next time we go because of the distance issue and lack of breakfast options. I would definitely recommend staying close to where you'll be eating most evenings, for cost as well as convenience. We ended up eating at the Venetian 2 or 3 times and at the Wynn once, so it would have been better to stay at that end of the strip.

1 Thank EmeraldCityWA